Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
THP Full Review can be found here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-f6-driver-review/

Excuse the delay, had some camera issues, but also in for review to the Oklahoma THP outpost is the new KING F6 driver from Cobra. Featuring a simple weight adjustment system on the sole that allows for a more forward or rearward weight location in order to maximize the ideal spin/launch for each user, its one of the easier to grasp and use setups out there for sure. Not to mention, no one does colored driver heads like Cobra. No-one.

THP recieved the F6 paired with stiff flex Matrix Q4 Red-Tie for this review. As always, if you have questions, PLEASE ask and I'll do all I can to get you answers!

Information from Cobra on the F6 Driver:

KING F6 DRIVER
Our most forgiving adjustable driver with CG tuning. The dual position 'front-to-back' CG weight system allows you to maximize distance through dialing in your ideal launch and spin conditions. No other all titanium adjustable CG driver delivers this combination of distance and forgiveness in every shot.
  • F6 CG TUNING - KING F6 Drivers offer true personalized distance. Featuring adjustable ‘Front to Back’ Center of Gravity technology, you can now dial in your perfect launch and spin conditions to optimize ball flight and maximize distance for your swing. A front CG position delivers a penetrating ball flight with more roll, while a back CG position offers a higher, more towering ball flight with greater forgiveness.
  • OPTIMUM SPIN EQUALS DISTANCE - With the KING F6 Driver, the path to greater distance is through optimized spin and launch. Adjust loft and tune CG settings to achieve personalized distance based on your unique swing. Switch between a front CG position that delivers a penetrating ball flight with more roll, and a back CG position that offers a higher, more towering ball flight.
  • CG TUNING - Choose your setting. Choose your distance. KING F6 offers two distinct CG settings that impact spin. The front setting provides a lower ball flight with more roll, while the back setting provides a higher ball flight with more carry.
  • MYFLY WITH SMARTPAD - Eight easily adjustable loft settings to manage trajectory and fine tune launch conditions to maximize distance on any course, and for any swing.
  • FORGED E9 FACE - A new, re-engineered Forged 8-1-1 Titanium E9 Face is a variable thickness structure that is lighter, thinner and hotter creating more deflection and a larger SweetZone™ across the face.
  • SPEED CHANNEL - Speed Channel is an exclusive COBRA innovation. An engineered channel around the perimeter of the face minimizes thickness and increases ball speeds across the face for incredible distance.
Specifications:
ModelLoft/Trajectory SettingsLengthSwing WeightHead
Volume
Stock
Flex
RH/LH
King F6 Driver9° / 9.5° / 9.5° Draw / 10.5° / 10.5° Draw /
11.5° / 11.5° Draw / 12°*
45.25"D4.5, D4, D3.5460ccX, S, R, LiteRH/LH

ModelFlexWeightKick PointTorqueTip Diameter
KING F6 Matrix Red Tie 60Q4X65gMid-LowMid0.335
KING F6 Matrix Red Tie 60Q4S62gMid-LowMid0.335
KING F6 Matrix Red Tie 60Q4R60gMid-LowMid0.335
KING F6 Matrix Red Tie 60Q4A54gMid-LowMid0.335

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0689-XL.jpg

DSC_0690-XL.jpg

DSC_0691-XL.jpg

DSC_0692-XL.jpg

DSC_0693-XL.jpg

DSC_0694-XL.jpg

DSC_0695-XL.jpg

DSC_0698-XL.jpg

DSC_0699-XL.jpg

DSC_0700-XL.jpg

DSC_0701-XL.jpg

DSC_0702-XL.jpg

DSC_0703-XL.jpg

DSC_0696-XL.jpg

DSC_0697-XL.jpg

DSC_0686-XL.jpg

DSC_0687-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looks beautiful and the fact that a red tie is stock has my attention.

Such a fantastic looking driver. Love the stock shaft and simplicity in the weight design. Have a feeling this will be a REALLY good one.

that blue is amazing. Swung this club today and it was everything I thought it could be and so much more. It is a real winner!

• Staff
Weather is being a bit of a....bear....around here. But, I did get out for a little getting to know you with this last week. Hit it on the monitor a bit but I'll wait to really dive into numbers, also took it to the course though and played it in stock configuration for about 27 holes (10.5 and weight forward).

Shape wise, it screams Cobra. It feels/looks like its a bigger head because it is a bit more elongated front to back than a lot of drivers out there (and others within their line) but its nothing new there, if you have hit the Fly-Z or the Bio-Cell you know the shape well and to be honest, its a damn good shape that gives a LOT of confidence sitting behind the ball.

Sound/feel, its nice. Its got a bit of that metallic nature to it, but its a very muted version of it which really lets it feel like the ball is compressing at impact, one of those addicting type feel/sounds and really reminds me of the B'stone J815 in that regard. This was a pleasant thing to see.

Distance will be there IMO, with a little time on the monitor and tinkering with settings I'll get more specific as we go in this category, but what I was seeing in bone-standard setup was promising. Very promising.

Its clearly early but THIS seems more like what I personally wanted the Fly-Z to be. Where that felt like another Bio-Cell (not a bad thing) this feels like a different beast in that you still get that EXTREMELY playable profile but now with some adjustability which could really unlock a lot of performance for people. I will say, its time for Cobra to dump their HC designs and get on coard with what others are doing now (classic styles like TM/Callaway), one of those with a BIG ole King Cobra on it could be incredible....I'm just sayin'.

If you have Q's or have been able to hit it and have some thoughts, PLEASE feel free to post them up!

Love what cobra is doing and this is a good looking head and that blue is good looking. They keep things simple with the myfly and I like the shaft option too.

What about the design makes it the most forgiving adjustable driver?

• Staff
What about the design makes it the most forgiving adjustable driver?

They consider it their most forgiving adjustable driver because of the fact it is already a higher MOI design and a spin/launch profile that will fit the needs of the larger portion of amateur golfers out there, then they have added in the ability to further adjust the CG with the sole weight to wither further maximize the MOI/launch or to tune the spin/launch a bit lower by moving the weight forward. Their base driver design (Bio-Cell, Fly-Z) has always been the most forgiving option in the Cobra line based on design, this is the next step in that type of driver head, but a solid jump forward in that regard IMO.

Real deal Red Tie or Made for ?

Real. As always for Cobra.

Just a quick correction here James. While the shaft is the same material here, they did have to alter a tiny bit to make it mesh with the head. Its not a watered down shaft, but it is made specifically for Cobra.

Just a quick correction here James. While the shaft is the same material here, they did have to alter a tiny bit to make it mesh with the head. Its not a watered down shaft, but it is made specifically for Cobra.
Ah, nice, learn something new every single day.

I'll say this though before someone asks, it had no issues holding up to my SS, so the "whippy" fear some my have should be quelled.

Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

It's blue. It's pretty.

That shape is one I am a big fan of, just so nice.

Interested in your thoughts James, as I am a fan of what Cobra has been doing with their drivers. Love the simplistic weight mechanism.

Ah, nice, learn something new every single day.

I'll say this though before someone asks, it had no issues holding up to my SS, so the "whippy" fear some my have should be quelled.

I've always thought Cobra's stock shafts lack feel. I had the Bio Cell with PxV in R flex and it felt pretty firm to me but had zero feel I thought. Hopefully this Red Tie is a better offering.

She's a beaut Clark!

These new drivers from cobra look fantastic. really well designed and executed. Nothing looks cheaply made, comparing it to TM drivers which in my eyes look cheap, anyways look forward to reading about the f6 line, totally digging everything about the king ltd driver and fairway that's in my bag now. Cobra is THE driver to hit in 2016.

Cobra has continued to nail the driver head shape and forgiveness. I'm interested to see how you adjust this and unlock the distance.

Can't wait to get your opinion on forgiveness especially compared to the GBB.
When I demo'd it last week, it felt real good but was spinning a little higher than what I prefer.
But the shape is excellent and feels fantastic off the face.

Really have been looking forward to this thread. Bought the LTD and the trajectory and spin was a little low for me. I see their taking pre orders on Jan 1st but have yet to see the release date for the F6. Can anybody enlighten me on the release date?

Great photos Jman. That blue is awesome!! and i really like the Cobra head shape.

Just a question, what is the smart pad? What does it do? I know they have had it for a while just never wondered what it does. Just looks like some grooves on the bottom with the words on it.

Really have been looking forward to this thread. Bought the LTD and the trajectory and spin was a little low for me. I see their taking pre orders on Jan 1st but have yet to see the release date for the F6. Can anybody enlighten me on the release date?

I think I read Jan 15th release

Great photos Jman. That blue is awesome!! and i really like the Cobra head shape.

Just a question, what is the smart pad? What does it do? I know they have had it for a while just never wondered what it does. Just looks like some grooves on the bottom with the words on it.

Saw this online. Sums it up well

The point of the smart pad is to allow you to change and hold a different face orientation without any of that effort to resist the heads 'desire' to return to its natural face angle when resting on the ground. It's meant to allow the club to stay at rest with whatever face orientation you give it at set-up and not return to the actual face angle of the head.

Yep, the smart pad keeps the face angle the same no matter the setting, provided you're a golfer who soles the driver at address. Works brilliantly too in all my Cobra driver review time/testings.

Yep, the smart pad keeps the face angle the same no matter the setting, provided you're a golfer who soles the driver at address. Works brilliantly too in all my Cobra driver review time/testings.

Jman, let us know your initial thoughts regarding forgiveness vs the current bench mark (GBB).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman, let us know your initial thoughts regarding forgiveness vs the current bench mark (GBB).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, the only rival to the R-Moto face for ball speed retention out there has been Cobra with its E9. On all the reviews I have ever done they're the two that always produce extremely solid 'forgiveness' data/feedback laterally time and again. It's early, but I have no doubt this will be the same, particularly with the ability to drop the weight low and back in the head for those wanting to maximize the heads MOI and launch.

I went through some of the data late last night that I do have because the weather is killing me, but at 10.5 with the weight forward I saw an average of 13.6 degrees launch with 2910 spin, honestly not bad at all. Peak height was 29.2 yards. This was with range balls (part of why I didn't want to talk about the data too much yet) so I'd suspect the spin drops a bit, but even then contrary to popular belief those are pretty damn solid numbers.

Back