Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Heys guys, first time posting in this thread! So I'll be doing a 2 day golf trip to Bellingham and Seattle with a couple buddies. Plan is to play 27 holes in Bellingham the first day and 27 in Seattle the 2nd day, 3rd day is track day at Pacific Raceway lol. Any suggestions which courses to play? We'll be staying near Washington National the 2nd day, so playing at least 9 holes there, was thinking of 18 at Newcastle but apparently it's not really worth the price tag? For Bellingham, nicer ones I found are Shuksan, Sudden Valley, and Avalon. Since Avalon is a 27 hole course, are we missing out if we just play all 27 at Avalon?

If I were you, and to maximize your distance to courses, I would play 18 at Washington National and a late round at Druid's Glen. Newcastle is not worth the cost. Plus, it will take you about an hour to get to Newcastle from WA Nat'l.

I'd say Shuksan and/or Lake Padden in Bellingham. I really like Sudden Valley but it's not really close and opinions vary on the course. I'm not the biggest fan of North Bellingham, but it is a solid course and is usually in pretty good shape.

Heys guys, first time posting in this thread! So I'll be doing a 2 day golf trip to Bellingham and Seattle with a couple buddies. Plan is to play 27 holes in Bellingham the first day and 27 in Seattle the 2nd day, 3rd day is track day at Pacific Raceway lol. Any suggestions which courses to play? We'll be staying near Washington National the 2nd day, so playing at least 9 holes there, was thinking of 18 at Newcastle but apparently it's not really worth the price tag? For Bellingham, nicer ones I found are Shuksan, Sudden Valley, and Avalon. Since Avalon is a 27 hole course, are we missing out if we just play all 27 at Avalon?

You should know, Avalon is about 25 minutes south of Bellingham, in Burlington. Very nice track, and playing all 27 there is a great deal with their play all day special.

Shuksan is a great track, very hilly, lots of elevated tee shots, but nice greens and some interesting design elements. If you're curious to read it, I wrote a review of it for THP a few months back: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Course-Review-Shuksan-Golf-Club-Bellingham-WA

I agree with ArmyGolf, if you're making the trip I'd skip Sudden and go for North Bellingham, which I've also written a review of: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ew-North-Bellingham-Golf-Course-Bellingham-WA. Modified links style with some of the best greens I have ever had the pleasure of putting on, bar none.

Sorry bud, I'm in San Diego this weekend. Another time!
Have a great time Ryan,will be following along

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the helpful insight! Not a huge fan of link courses, so I'm liking the idea of Shuksan and 9 holes at Avalon.

If I were you, and to maximize your distance to courses, I would play 18 at Washington National and a late round at Druid's Glen. Newcastle is not worth the cost. Plus, it will take you about an hour to get to Newcastle from WA Nat'l.

That sounds like a good plan since they're so close to each other, just hope we have more time to hit other nice tracks in Seattle area, oh well, next time!

So what's it looking like on the home course for Sept 6th? We going to get a crew there or ?

So what's it looking like on the home course for Sept 6th? We going to get a crew there or ?
Sounds like it might be you, me and c0ncept. Maybe we should try again in October when more guys can make it??

Sounds like it might be you, me and c0ncept. Maybe we should try again in October when more guys can make it??
I might be able to make it, but would need to confirm.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm in!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I may be able to make it,will have to confirm in later this week

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

To recap:

Sunday, September 6, The Home Course

T4K - Yes
c0ncept - Yes
Checkered - Yes but may need help w/ transpo
mroche - Yes
Jaysfan - Maybe
SkiBun - Maybe

What about it, anyone else want in on this?

To recap:

T4K - Yes
c0ncept - Yes
mroche - Yes
Jaysfan - Maybe
SkiBun - Maybe

If I'm able to swing it, I've no problem at all picking you up John.

Sounds like maybe snag 2 tee times, and we cancel 1 if we get closer and things don't pan out as well.

Anybody for this Saturday? I'd be game for anywhere within around an hours drive, including BC.

To recap:

T4K - Yes
c0ncept - Yes
mroche - Yes
Jaysfan - Maybe
SkiBun - Maybe

I guess I don't count. Is that how it is?? Boo....

I guess I don't count. Is that how it is?? Boo....
Are you able to play? Sweet. The inventory is updated:

T4K - Yes
c0ncept - Yes
mroche - Yes
DrRosenRosen - Yes
Jaysfan - Maybe
SkiBun - Maybe

Are you able to play? Sweet. The inventory is updated:

T4K - Yes
c0ncept - Yes
mroche - Yes
DrRosenRosen - Yes
Jaysfan - Maybe
SkiBun - Maybe

I believe so. I have to check with the Decider but she's usually cool about these things.

I believe so. I have to check with the Decider but she's usually cool about these things.
Well, I put you down as a "Yes" so it's kind of official now :)

Kapp how many shots do you want?

shush you two, I get all the shots. :)

What's your real handicap? I'm an 11.9.

Depends on the tees. I have no handicap now. 8 would be decent but if needed I can play lower than that. I was thinking anywhere from 5-10 strokes whatever you wanted to take.

shush you two, I get all the shots. :)

Haha no shots for you!

Depends on the tees. I have no handicap now. 8 would be decent but if needed I can play lower than that. I was thinking anywhere from 5-10 strokes whatever you wanted to take.

Haha no shots for you!
Actually, let's go heads up. I need the challenge.

Back