The best shot of the round

Monday night on the opening hole, a par 5 of 540. I have never made this green in two shots and was looking at 258 to a short front pin. Hole is protected by a bunker on the right, and if right you shortside your next approach. I grabbed my F45 4 wood and hoped to leave it just short on the left. I aimed a bit left of the green and hit a baby fade that landed just shy of the green and released to the middle of the green. Left me with a 35' down hiller that went down in two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#1 tonight...terrible drive left me with a tough second shot out of some pine straw which I hit terribly...that left me about 65 yards away...SLAM DUNK BIRDIE! I've had a few pitch ins before but never dunked one...nice way to get my round going!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

During league tonight 8th hole 357yd par 4. 150yd second shot to inside 3ft. Sunk for birdie.

Par five 17th @ Grand Ledge CC, 485yds, great drive with my Cobra Fly-Z set to 9°, 205yd 4hybrid high fade off a downhill lie to 3ft, gutted the eagle putt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 iron from 183 from the rough to 6 feet

par 5 540 yards, had 230 to pin after a nice drive and a topped second shot, was in light rough, sitting up with small tree about 3 yards in front, had to hit a draw around tree, told myself, keep it slow and smooth. I hit the sweet spot on the 915 rescue, could not see the green from where I hit. when six4three5 and I drove up to the green I was approx. 7 feet right , pin high. I had a little wind be hind me. I missed the putt for bride but a great 3rd shot saved my par.

par 5 540 yards, had 230 to pin after a nice drive and a topped second shot, was in light rough, sitting up with small tree about 3 yards in front, had to hit a draw around tree, told myself, keep it slow and smooth. I hit the sweet spot on the 915 rescue, could not see the green from where I hit. when six4three5 and I drove up to the green I was approx. 7 feet right , pin high. I had a little wind be hind me. I missed the putt for bride but a great 3rd shot saved my par.

Boy you guys play for high stakes. j/k Lol Nice shot.

The ball was unhappy at having been almost drilled into the ground...

1c50fec7bce4c387fc1c2cbb9784952b.jpg

It is a toss up between my 115 yard approach that ended up just about 10 inches from the hole or my 2nd shot with my Heavenwood that went 228 yards. I've never hit anything from the fairway that went that far.

I thought the approach shot was better, anything from that far and inside a foot is awesome. The Heaven shot was a great one, but the approach was awesome!

Best shot of the morning round was a 9 iron from 145 to here (rolled in the birdie putt):

e2f774cf071615297642395d3db563cc.jpg

Best shot of the afternoon was a 7 iron from 170 and a fairway bunker:

0ea670265fc0e5123742c90a39e34934.jpg

Left the birdie putt two rotations short (F…).

Choked down 4 hybrid from 186 slightly uphill to 5 feet to set up a birdie on the #2 handicap hole on the course.

The best shot of the round

Mine came on the par 3 17th in our afternoon round. Hit a 6i from 186 and where the sun was I couldn't see a thing after impact. Walked up to the green and there was a divot two feet in front of the cup and the ball was sitting two feet behind the cup. Nice kick in birdie but almost had that ace

Playing in a 4 man scramble today and on a long par 4 into the wind. We all had short drives and our best shot left us about 218 out into the wind. I've been hitting my new Rocketballz Stage 2 3W pretty good lately and hit probably my best 3W shot ever on this hole. I blistered it dead at the stick and landed on the green. Unfortunately it ran a bit behind the hole to about 25-30 feet.

Once we got to the green, I found my ball mark about 2 inches short of pin-high, about 4 inches right of the pin.

It felt soooo good hitting that shot. It may be old hat for many here, but not something I can pull off very often.

Best shot of yesterdays round was the lone birdie on the 15th hole. Just over 20 foot putt a little uphill and a right to left bender.
It was the only putt over 10 feet to fall all day.

Even though I ended up with a mediocre score, I played well yesterday and had a number of really good shots in my round but the one that was probably most impressive was my 4th shot on the 18th hole. A par 5 hole. I'd hit a great drive, but then pushed my 2nd shot into the rough leaving myself approx 150 yards from the green. I duffed my 3rd shot trying to get out of the deep rough leaving an 80 yard shot to the pin. The pin was back and tight to the right side of the green with a large greenside bunker just to the right. Further, it was a somewhat blind uphill shot and the green sloped front to back so I had to stop it fast to keep from rolling off the back into more rough. I hit an easy 59 deg. wedge. The ball tracked right to the pin, landed about 2 feet in front of the pin, hopped once to about 3 feet behind the pin and then spun back to within a foot of the cup. I couldn't see any of it really, but the rest of my 4-some was walking up to the green and they all began to shout for it to "GO IN."
After a string of a double, and 2 bogeys, I really wanted to finish the round on a positive note. As I walked up and got a look at it, the guys tapped my ball over to me as a gimme putt (I was putting really well yesterday) so my 4th shot on #18 was my last real shot of the round. Felt good.

Best shot of the round today was my chip in birdie on the par 3 8th hole. Missed just left, had to use the bounce on my 58 degree wedge and hit it perfectly just on and let it trundle down right into the hole :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An ace on the 135y par 3 second today!!

Hit a wedge and thought it looked good in the air

Only disappointing thing is we didn't see it go in as you can ily see half the flag!

Get to the green see partners ball last of the flag then notice the pitch mark 6inches past the hole must have spun back!

Happy clarkey!

Only disappointing thing is we didn't see it go in as you can ily see half the flag!

Get to the green see partners ball last of the flag then notice the pitch mark 6inches past the hole must have spun back!

Happy clarkey!

Congrats on the Ace!

Happy clarkey!

Awesome! Congrats on the Ace!

JM

The last one! Dropped a 20 footer for birdie. :act-up:

JM

Best shot from yesterday:

167 and sitting in the left trees. I have an open window, but I have to keep the ball down. Punched a 7i that flew perfectly and ended up 8' from the hole. Made the birdie putt as well.

About 265 out in the first cut of rough on the right. I take my fairway wood and go for it. Ends up on the fringe inches off the front of the green. It was a beauty. Too bad it was my 5th shot leaving that for a bogey attempt.

About a 60 yard wedge shot to a foot to save par, that always feels good.

Two drives. A 346 yard par 4 that left me with 61 yards to a back pin and a 460 yard dog left par 5 where I was left with 160 to a front pin. The ground is very very hard and dry so there's a lot of roll involved but still, I crushed both drives on perfect lines.

Back