My driver swing is too upright. Any drills to help flatten it?

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
My driver has been nuts lately.
Inconsistent direction, and weak/high shots.
Yesterday, during practice I made my swing flatter and the shots were a lot better.
A penetrating ball flight. It rolled after it landed.
Was easier to square the clubface.
I started drawing the ball.
Are there any drills that will flatten my swing, without going too flat?

Thanks!

Not without a watchful eye. Attempting to flatten the swing can get very sticky if not handled correctly What did you do to flatten it?

I had my Son to watch.
Before I was taking the club back over my neck.
Now I'm trying to take it back over my shoulders.
It feels like my body is turning, and giving me more power.

5 or 6 weeks before the snow flew, I ended up with the same problem.

For some reason I felt like I had flattened my swing, the ball flight straightened out, a little more distance, roll out, every shot.

Ended up with three 18 hole rounds of 86 each time and 3 nine hole rounds of 46 each time. Never saw that consistency before.

Started reading the Hogan Power book and it sorta answered what I think I started doing: starting my hips, shoulders, arms everything at the same time...and...starting the downswing with my hips.

My practice net is in a 9ft basement. Automatic feedback!

Completely unprofessional opinion here. I went years being told I was too upright and my driver game struggled mightily because I tried to be flat. Just recently, I started concentrating solely on maintaining my spine angle and weirdly enough, the swing felt upright. I have stuck to it and now my driver game is one of my strong suits.

Back