JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a hole on your course that you just seem to always score better than others? As you approach it, you know its green light and expect to score better than others?

I was looking at my last 8 rounds at a certain course and realized I had played the 4th hole in 4 under during that stretch with 4 pars and 4 birdies. It got me thinking about other courses I frequent and those of THPers.

#4 at Morgan Creek fits this bill for me. It's a short par 4 with a forced layup off the tee and then all carry over a hazard to the green. For some reason I never make bogey here, make a bunch of birdies, and even when I'm in trouble off the tee usually get away with par.

What a great hole lol.

There are a number of holes that own me, but none that’d qualify for this question. The best I can hope for is to rent one for a round.

Hole #5 at Marysville Golf Club in my hometown is an easy par 5 dog leg left. I usually do really well on this hole.

Hole 12 at my home course, Gaylord Springs. It’s a hole that I usually get a decent look at birdie. If I make bogey I’m usually really upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14, par 5, 535 yards uphill. I have more birdies on that hole than on all the rest of the holes on my course. Don’t know why but I always seem to play it well. There are exceptions of course!!

Oak Hills in Columbia, SC hole 11. 400 yd. par 4 with a blind drive over a hill to a small difficult green.

The short but very tight par 4 #14. Depending on tee postion, the hole plays 300 - 320. Right off the tee almost guarantees a bogey at best but to the very densely wooded area. I have seen many people try to drive but have yet to see anyone do it. Missing a little right or left of the green is no good due to dense brush and trees. I play it with a 5 wood off the tee and either 54 or 58 wedge in. Typically birdie the hole an average of ones every 4 or 5 times I play it.

Negative....I'm too inconsistent to own a hole round after round.

Hole 13 at westchase, short par 5, huge fairway with minimal trouble protecting the green... I walk away mad if I don’t get a tap in par. I’ve been on in 2 multiple times with driver 6 iron.

The Hole You Own

Hole 13 at westchase, short par 5, huge fairway with minimal trouble protecting the green... I walk away mad if I don’t get a tap in par. I’ve been on in 2 multiple times with driver 6 iron.

I’m guessing you play from the whites there? That hole in 2 from the blues is a solid poke and good second shot.

I know most jump on the white tees after looking st scorecard distances but they are way off. The blue tees are about 6500 and the whites about 6280

They really need to rechart and rank the course with how bad they are about it

I’m guessing you play from the whites there? That hole in 2 from the blues is a solid poke and good second shot.

I know most jump on the white tees after looking st scorecard distances but they are way off. The blue tees are about 6500 and the whites about 6280

That’s true, usually when I play there I’ll play with friends or my dad and they see the score card and want to play the Whites. When I’ve played the blues I can still get there but you are right it does require a good 2nd shot to reach. Still a very easy par 5 though

Nope, I rarely play the same course twice in a row anymore so never really get that confident on any hole. We have been rotating 5-6 courses in the area and it is kind of nice and I think it helps me have a more realistic Handicap.

The 10th hole at the now closed Hawthorne Golf Club was a straight away par 5. There was one tree of the tee that you needed to negotiated otherwise it was a pretty wide open tee shot. The green was framed by bunkers left and right. Depending on where the pin was the slope from the bunkers would funnel the ball towards the pin. Both the tee shot and 2nd shot set up great for me. The last year the course was open I played a league there and made 4 eagles on the hole in a 5 week stretch. Before the round started I just expected to make birdie on the hole.

I have more birdies on the Par 5 at my course - but also can go sideways there - probably the 6th/15th hole generally I can keep a clean card - just not today

that's the hole you and i both 3-putted from the front of the green, correct? #TheseGuysAreGood

that's the hole you and i both 3-putted from the front of the green, correct? #TheseGuysAreGood

Yes sir. From the blue tees it is a different hole and one that while not crazy long, does get a bit tougher. You have to hit it through a chute of trees and you have water that comes into play left and in front and bunkers on the right. A good drive by me leaves me about 235 in to a well guarded green in the front and long is absolute jail.

Hole #1 at my home course gets abused by me. Short par 4 that always gets the driver and yields more birds that anything else.

Hole #1 at my home course gets abused by me. Short par 4 that always gets the driver and yields more birds that anything else.

that's probably one of the easiest starting holes in the state. ...but i don't think i've ever birdied it lol

that's probably one of the easiest starting holes in the state. ...but i don't think i've ever birdied it lol

I've watched absolute carnage on that hole.

The par 5 8th at my home course is the hole I usually do well at. 522yds and usually a little down wind. Most of the time I'm 7i-8i in for my 2nd. Looking back at my scorecards for this year, I have eagled that hole 4 times, and birdied it 17 times this year, out of a total of 41 rounds. The rest of the golf course is a mixed bag. But that one hole... I go in to it thinking birdie or better.

#4 at my home course is a par 5 that is reachable in two with a good drive. I'm usually good for par or better on that one.

#15 at the course I play my league at.

I often start off just horrible on that 9 when we play, but I can usually be counted on to turn my round around starting there.

It's not necessarily my "home course" but we've played it enough and I'm -5 thru the last 4 times I've played the par 5 18th at Rain Tree

Hole number 14 at my home course is one I like the best. It's 515 yards slightly downhill and if you can carry your driver 265-270 yards you hit a downslope that when it's not wet can give you a 300-310 yard drive. The green is protected by water right up to the edge but I normally can pull off the 200-220 yard shot and hit the green in two. This year I've made 3 eagles and dozens of birdies on this hole.

Back