Club Sponsorship - who do you go with?

CBaker

Winter is coming
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here is a hypothetical situation for everyone:

You have been offered the deal of a lifetime, where any company will fully sponsor you with a 14 club deal plus golf balls for 5 years. You get/have to play something from their current line up every year for that 5 years, and can't touch another companies clubs or golf balls during that time. If the company does not make a certain piece of equipment though (golf balls or putter), you can choose one company they will partner with for the entire 5 year period for that item. Which company do you go with and why?

For me this is a hard choice, because you have to look at the direction the company is going, and ask yourself if that company has a complete line up that will fit your needs over those 5 years.

In my case I go Callaway. As of right now, I feel they are on the forefront of innovation right now, and I would feel confident that over the next 5 years they will have something that would fit my game. Although I haven't had the best time getting along with their irons, the XR pros changed that this year, and I could easily play those without question. I also have always loved their metal woods, and their golf balls are probably my favorite out there. It would be a hard choice, because I've always loved Ping (my 2nd choice), but I think with the direction callaway is currently going, that they would edge out the competition right now.

Next 5 years, I think Callaway will be at the top of the game in all categories and would be a fun ride to be on with them!

Callaway, Cleveland, or Cobra. All of them have just worked for me over the past few years in every category.

I'd go Titleist as my first choice. I've always liked something in their lines, and even though I don't play any woods or irons from them right now, I would not hesitate to play them. Plus, I love the Pro V1x ball and my Newport 2 Pro Platinum putter.

Callaway without question......across the different types of clubs (driver, FW, irons, etc) they have produced more gear that is currently fantastic for me than any other OEM out there. Not in love with their putters and non PM wedges but beyond that they are just fantastic for me.

Callaway or Wilson Staff. Would be a complete toss up. If I had to rate it:

1. Callaway
2. Wilson Staff
3. Ping

Last edited:
Callaway, Nike, Taylormade. In that order

Callaway, Nike or Titleist. Not concerned with order, but i'd be happy with any of them.

For the FULL 14 club deal? I'd probably pick one of two right now. Callaway or Titleist. There are many companies making excellent pieces of golf equipment right now, but I'd have a hard time finding a company doing something as complete as either of these two. I guess a close third may be Srixon if they get to include Cleveland but I have spent ZERO time with the Srixon woods/hybrids to have a preference.

For Callaway, I can immediately and confidently pair myself with clubs (DBD driver and fairway, 815 alpha hybrid, Apex Irons, MD3 wedges, and I'd fight the good fight for the return of the Black Series tour designs from Odyssey) and I am confident they are on the rise as a company with the guys currently building their clubs for them.

For Titleist, it's hard to argue with their overall quality. 915 woods/hybrids are strong, the new AP series look fantastic, Vokey wedges are top tier, and I can probably convince Cameron to make an M7 and call it a tour rat. Wham bam thank you $3,000 putter!).

Im going Callaway a close 2nd goes to Titleist and Cobra

Callaway for what they've done and the innovation they continue to show all around.

Titleist Nike or Callaway for the good reasons listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The easy answer for me is Callaway (oh hey, I have 14 of their clubs in the bag).

Thinking outside the box, I'll go with Ping. I've always loved their irons and really liked a few of their drivers. I'm fairly confident I could game 14 of their clubs without blinking an eye.

Callaway.

Easy call.

Bridgestone is 1st for me followed by probably Cobra.

Callaway

If i had to pick now id go with Callaway because i like the majority of their stuff. Close second would be Taylormade then Cleveland probably

I had a 14 club deal with Callaway a few years ago at the Morgan Cup, and I would choose them again today given the opportunity.

1) Callaway
2) Titleist
3) Ping

These are three companies I'd have the most faith in.

For one company I would go Callaway all day everyday, But since you mentioned that if a company doesn't make something I could choose another ball company I would have to choose Mizuno for the clubs, since being sponsored would mean I could get their European release putters, and for balls would go with Srixon.

I would probably go with Callaway or Cleveland/Srixon, but Cobra and W/S would be great too. any of the four would make me pretty ahppy

Callaway is so impressive right now, but I love Cobra too. Have to pick one....Callaway.

Callaway running away and if that want an option it would be Cleveland/Srixon

Callaway for me, Second choice would be Cleveland/Srixon

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back