Sports Debate need help settling

Hahha. Yeah, your right, they havent made any bad decisions.
Yup, losing on purpose. :D

Teams bad for an era with high draft picks and stink every year, are all well known for making great decisions.

When have we had high draft picks every year? Only the last 2. Before that we kept picking up FA's and we're stuck in the endless rut that is being a 8-6 seed and picking in the teens in the NBA draft. That had not worked repeatedly so we went towards the tank and building through the draft. 3 drafts in a row the Sixer drafted the best player available no questions asked. We have accumulated the most cap room possible, and potentially 3 lottery picks this year. None of this sounds like bad decisions. People just don't like that the Sixers are doing this because it's taking advantage of the system. The Lakers are doing virtually the same thing, but are doing it under the radar.

I have a lot more things to say, but I will just direct you to a piece I wrote on the issue a few weeks ago that provides many examples
http://thesixersense.com/2015/11/24/philadelphia-76ers-keep-calm-trust-process/

Dude, you are saying a team is tanking on purpose.
No offense here, but that is freaking laughable.
Having a lack of talent is why a team loses.

Albeit less laughable than when you said Larry Bird would be Kyle Korver in the current NBA. :D

Great Scott.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Albeit less laughable than when you said Larry Bird would be Kyle Korver in the current NBA. :D
Well Korver was mentioned in my Top 10 of all time thread hahaha (realize the satire)

Yes teams are tanking on purpose, it's happened before and worked, but for some reason no one frowned on it. 2-3 teams did it for LeBrons draft. Lakers are doing it right now

Drafting the best players no questions asked always works... see Kwame brown, elton brand, and Greg oden...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Drafting the best players no questions asked always works... see Kwame brown, elton brand, and Greg oden...

Hahah. Dont worry brother, the team has gone to each player and said "dont play hard tonight".

Hahah. Dont worry brother, the team has gone to each player and said "dont play hard tonight".

Oh ya, them losing on purpose is definitely in the best interest of themselves and the fan base.

I never said the players weren't playing hard. I said they are purposely putting inferior players on the court so regardless how hard they play they will be a low win team. I actually think the Sixers play harder than most teams.

Okay dude. Im not going to argue with you.
Like I said, I could not disagree more, with this take or the one about Larry Bird being Kyle Korver. I think they are off the reservation, but its your opinion and its not worth arguing over.

I never said the players weren't playing hard. I said they are purposely putting inferior players on the court so regardless how hard they play they will be a low win team. I actually think the Sixers play harder than most teams.

So then why are you still a fan? Why would you support people that would intentionally put a terrible product in front of those who pay money to support the team?

There will always be busts impossible to stop that. Greg Oden would have been a very good player if not for unforseeable knee injuries. And Elton Brand was a very good player for quite some time?

So then why are you still a fan? Why would you support people that would intentionally put a terrible product in front of those who pay money to support the team?

Because we have been thru the pain of signing FA's, trading for players, and never being good enough to compete for a ship an constantly being a 8-6th seed and picking 13th-16th in the draft. All the fans who "trust the process" think that it's a plan we will stick to in hopes that we land Simmons and others in this draft and all the losing will have paid off.

Oh ya, them losing on purpose is definitely in the best interest of themselves and the fan base.

They don't care, and honestly they shouldn't. The Sixers have always been an after thought for fans in Philly, so you lose for 3 years, and know when it turns around the fans will flock because they want to see a stud team

Okay dude. Im not going to argue with you.
Like I said, I could not disagree more, with this take or the one about Larry Bird being Kyle Korver. I think they are off the reservation, but its your opinion and its not worth arguing over.

Just wish u would debate with facts over this rather then just trying to bring up the Larry Bird debate, or just trying to make jokes. I brought facts to the table and kept my poise.

Just wish u would debate with facts over this rather then just trying to bring up the Larry Bird debate, or just trying to make jokes. I brought facts to the table and kept my poise.

There are no facts to this.
You say they are losing on purpose. Barring working for the head coach and GM, you have no factual knowledge that this is taking place.
You linked to an "interestingly" written article that also brought no facts, because there are none to bring. Doesnt mean you cant have that opinion.

The truth is, they lack talent and lacking talent means you will lose a lot of games. Comparing this "debate" to a previous one made by the same OP, doesnt seem too off base, especially considering what you are debating now, has nothing to do with the original topic.

You are not looking for a debate, but rather validation, which is why the other argument was brought in, because again, that was about validation, and when it didnt happen, you got upset. Its fine to have an opinion, but you cant get mad when not everybody agrees with it.

Not sure this is relevant to the discussion or if it's been mentioned but as far as rebuilding an NBA franchise, I remember how much Len Bias' death set the Celtics back for years.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not sure this is relevant to the discussion or if it's been mentioned but as far as rebuilding an NBA franchise, I remember how much Len Bias' death set the Celtics back for years.

Tough times. Although they did win the divisiion I believe the next two years, come in 2nd for a couple of years and then get right back to winning the division. Going off memory here, but that was a tough spot for them. Then Lewis too.

Tough times. Although they did win the divisiion I believe the next two years, come in 2nd for a couple of years and then get right back to winning the division. Going off memory here, but that was a tough spot for them. Then Lewis too.
Wow! Forgot about Lewis til you mentioned it, some bad luck for sure. And you're right, they were still good but Bias probably would have secured their continuing to be a dominant team for years.

There are no facts to this.
You say they are losing on purpose. Barring working for the head coach and GM, you have no factual knowledge that this is taking place.
You linked to an "interestingly" written article that also brought no facts, because there are none to bring. Doesnt mean you cant have that opinion.

The truth is, they lack talent and lacking talent means you will lose a lot of games. Comparing this "debate" to a previous one made by the same OP, doesnt seem too off base, especially considering what you are debating now, has nothing to do with the original topic.

You are not looking for a debate, but rather validation, which is why the other argument was brought in, because again, that was about validation, and when it didnt happen, you got upset. Its fine to have an opinion, but you cant get mad when not everybody agrees with it.

They are lacking talent yes because they know that will get them to losing record is my point, and everyone's point who writes for for Sixers.

You say now that you compared this debate to last debate because of I'm debating off topic? I asked specifically what was easier NFL or NBA, several addressed my 76ers statement, I don't mind educating ppl on the Sixers, because the media has painted a horrible picture of them and many don't follow the Sixers closely enough to realize that the record isn't really a strong indicator of their near future.

I don't care about validation. Just wanted to know what people thought on the discussion truely interested, interested, love good sports debates. That is all. Not mad at most, just usually don't appreciate the way I read into some of your comments. May not be the way you mean to come off, o maybe I'm too sensitive. Regardless I just enjoy sports debating. It just seems you and I have butted heads enough where you feel the need to come at me differently than others as felt in the Taylormade, Larry Bird, This debate. That's fine, we just don't see eye to eye on stuff

Hmmm.
I think you are reading into things a bit much.
You are asking to speak in facts. There are no facts here, only opinions.
And to be fair, just about everybody "butt heads" with you in your last sports debate.

The eagles will always be in better shape, due to a combination off contact construction and the fact that they're in the NFC East.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The eagles will always be in better shape, due to a combination off contact construction and the fact that they're in the NFC East.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Conference turnover can happen pretty quickly in today's NFL... the NFC south was the worst division in football last year, and they have marginally improved

Hmmm.
I think you are reading into things a bit much.
You are asking to speak in facts. There are no facts here, only opinions.
And to be fair, just about everybody "butt heads" with you in your last sports debate.

My link to my article had facts in it about teams that went the Free Agent route and we're unsuccessful, as well as team who built through the draft and we're, and why the plan the Sixers seem t be executing was a good option those were facts. It was a fact that the Sixers were stuck in teen picks in plenty of drafts. But yes my Larry Bird opinion is not a popular one, was very curious to see how it would be received when taken from a lunch room conversation to a large audience of ppl here. Deff was surprised so many ppl didn't thing Russell Westbrook couldn't have been better than bird if dropped in the 80's.

Conference turnover can happen pretty quickly in today's NFL... the NFC south was the worst division in football last year, and they have marginally improved

Very true. Not so long ago the NFC East was a powerhouse. In fact last season the Birds were 10-6 and didn't even make the playoffs!

Back