Nippon modus 3 130 vs kbs tour v golf iron shafts

No, other than hitting a few balls at the range with someone else's 6 iron in cold weather. Do they play stiffer than most......Any info would be appreciated. I was going to shaft one up straight in and see what i think.

No, other than hitting a few balls at the range with someone else's 6 iron in cold weather. Do they play stiffer than most......Any info would be appreciated. I was going to shaft one up straight in and see what i think.

To me they did. But it would depend on feel and what you are used to playing. Im the wrong one to ask, because I was not a huge fan.

After a long time DG S300 player I installed them in Callaway Apex Pro's and they much smoother and play true to flex. Although they might feel slightly softer trust the flex.

Yes sir. The nuts and bolts of it were as expected.

Did we ever get a definitive answer on this matter as I am completely lost and never heard as such....

-David

Was doing a search on Nippon Modus and stumbled on this thread.... after reading I am interested in what you have found, JB, by talking to those in the industry.

I hit some 120 stiffs in some Honma irons recently and for a stiff they felt VERY soft... so I found a set of 120 x and dropped them in my MP53s to mess around with... they don't feel quite as soft as the stiffs but soft enough and overall very stable. Just don't know how true to flex they are playing in comparison to say the S300, PX 5.5 flighted, KBS Tour S.... Also looking for an update on ProZone's accuracy to the flex of the shafts...

I can tell you that KBS have metal fatigue.......buddy of mine has a shop, says every KBS shaft he's pulled from "higher swing speed players" are bent.

I can tell you that KBS have metal fatigue.......buddy of mine has a shop, says every KBS shaft he's pulled from "higher swing speed players" are bent.

I would like to believe that it isn't true, but I can see how this would be possible. I am sure shaft manufacturers will tell you it isn't possible and I would like to hear the science behind preventing warping or bending.

Nevermind, seems there is a lot of info on another site where the KBS shafts are bending. Sucks for those who have had to deal with this...

Back