Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for you loss Jed. Hang in there

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Rough life

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody has been through it, but sorry for the downer post:
Unfortunately had to let go of the last of our 3 dogs on monday, it's been a pretty rough few days. He made it to 14, no more pain for my buddy. Had a great last car ride with him early Monday morning, he always loved them. Just drove around talking to him and he was smiling the whole time, he even took a little nap. The hardest part was/is trying to explain it to our 4 year old. I told her he was sick on sunday and she leaned over, gave him a kiss on the head, and said "it's ok to be tired" and I lost it. I got to realize how great our vet was through all this, they took the time out to send us a rose at home just to say they were sorry. Not a huge expense, but the fact that they took the time out to do that meant a lot, good people. Our three dogs made it to 15, 15 and 14 so we've been really lucky, but might need a few months break before we get another.

Sorry for your loss, just brought a tear to my eye. I wish they would live longer then us.

Humans learn how to love so they need more time on earth, dogs already know how to love so their time is limited.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss Jed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kinds words all, it's much appreciated. We will always have pets, so I'm sure I'll be back in here with pics of whoever we rescue sometime down the road :)

4edbd1b0006a9be0483b833ea392c036.jpg

Our new puppy, Baxter. We've had him since eleven weeks and he will turn 16 weeks tomorrow. His future is to be a therapy dog that my wife can take to get classroom!

ec329f7515fc3f4a1b7cfaef53325577.jpg

There appears to be a bug or something in the house.

3e3656a9137a7ab7429596f097d26dec.jpg

The Pets Thread

My sister just sent one similar. Doesn't look like he misses me does it?

7dc3e7cc290af1c437ff7bc444457b6b.jpg

Resting after a tough day of barking at workmen

61b2f9af01034a2a8fd0f161dfa2a981.jpg

The babies in the new apartment. I think they like it up here a lot.

17u3ht.jpg

Some have already seen this on FB but we adopted a Terrier mix today after going 8 months without a dog. His name is Scooby and he is a handsome boy. We are so happy to have him with us.

Scooby2_zpsjkl2boxa.jpg

Scooby1_zpsjxnz6eyr.jpg

Scooby_zpshiq7pb6r.jpg

I want a dog so bad. My wife and I have two cats right now and we'd love to get a dog but we're in a small upstairs apartment and it just wouldn't work out right now.

A few months ago, I bought an "off-brand" cat food. Times are a little tough, so I thought maybe she could cut back a little just as I have. Tried to save $4.50 on a big bag. You would have thought that I was trying to poison her!!!! No way was she going to eat the cheaper food. Even tried mixing it in. NO WAY again. Ended up giving it to the humane society. Lesson learned.

Some have already seen this on FB but we adopted a Terrier mix today after going 8 months without a dog. His name is Scooby and he is a handsome boy. We are so happy to have him with us.

Scooby2_zpsjkl2boxa.jpg

Scooby1_zpsjxnz6eyr.jpg

Scooby_zpshiq7pb6r.jpg
Hope you have many wonderful years with Scooby!!!!!!

Good looking little fellow Randy and I love the name!

I want a dog so bad. My wife and I have two cats right now and we'd love to get a dog but we're in a small upstairs apartment and it just wouldn't work out right now.

I'm with you on that. My wife is highly allergic to pet dander, so all we have are fish. THEY ARE NOT REAL PETS.

We tried a cat when my daughter was younger, it lasted 3 days before we had to bring her back unfortunately. My wife was a total mess when it came to her allergies. As it is, a few hours at my mother's house with her dog has my wife stuffed up for at least a day afterwards. I grew up with dogs & miss having one in the house, my kids want one badly as well but it just can't happen.

From Bark Posts Facebook page:

Anyone have good ways to keep up with dog fur? We have hardwood so it can be swept up. It is everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back