How Often Do You Switch Putters?

awass17

Reaction score
Handicap
Work
When I was younger I would switch seemingly at least once a month. Sometimes there was a logic behind it (i.e., lighter, softer putters for faster greens). Sometimes it was just changing things up.

Back in 2006 or so I started playing a Scotty Cameron Circa No. 1 and it hasn't left my bag since. I still haven't kicked my obsession for putters though. Go figure.

So, how often do you switch your flatstick?

I would say pretty regularly. I've got 3 in rotation right now and when one stops being nice, I go to the other. Sometimes it's round to round. I've been known to bring two putters to the practice green and pick the one that feels right that day, and toss the other in the car.

I currently own 4, all different head shapes and face milling/inserts. I'll switch them out when I want to simply look down at something different, or if I'm struggling, I may take two to the putting green and see which one wins.

Putter switches for me are few and far between. I have 7 putters right now, with some never seeing the short grass yet. Just hard to put down a putter you are having success with. Mental for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until recently, entirely too often. I'd play with one putter maybe 5 rounds before making a switch. I'm getting better.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm on my 7th this year. I sold off most of the others to resist the temptation, but my current feels and performs great. Not changing again as far as I can see.

I have 4 that I use quite often and 4 more that I could put in the bag at any point and not skip much of a beat at all.

I have 2 that I will switch in and out every few rounds or so. Used a different putter on Sunday than I did on Saturday this weekend.

I don't have multiple putters that I swap. But I do buy putters constantly looking for "the one". We all have golf club addictions what can I say

I've only been golfing coming up on 2 years and haven't switched from my Nike putter. Looking forward to the new Cleveland putter we'll be testing out at the Up & Down event.

Been gaming the same putter for over 2 years now. I'm loving the SeeMore M6. It will be in my bag a long time coming.

when I first started playing I went through 6 putters in the first year or so. Since then I have used 2 putters in the last 9 years or so. I have had my SeeMore Si3 for the last couple years I think, and I am quite happy with it.

I have tried a couple other SeeMoremodels out, but most likely will end up selling those 2 at some point to pay for one of the new drivers I will inevitably try out.

Daily...

Feels like it at least

I used my first one for part of a season, traded it with a guy on my golf team for one I used for 20 years, bought my first SeeMore and used it for 10 years, got another SeeMore and used it for two years, and I have used my current one for three years.

Switch when I need a change due to struggles on the course. I have 5 putters and have rotated between 3 of them.

Too often. I seem to play a certain putter for a while and then get the itch to try something new, so I switch.

I rolled a Yes Tiffany all of last year. I made the "mistake" of buying a SeeMore two months ago. I've had 4 different ones now, the CDMx2 and the mFGP are my keepers. Just put the CDMx2 in my bag last Friday.

I've gone through a bunch, but I've settled on plumbers neck Anser style blades as being best for me. Currently alternating between an older Cameron stainless Newport 2 and my Rife Aruba. I think the feel of the Aruba and the alignment notch is best for me, but I also love the weight and look of the Cameron. Putting stats are pretty consistent with both.

I switch putters pretty much every round. Although they are all odyssey #9 heads and the same length. Just different heads. Variety is the spice of life! Lol

I had used the same one for about 3 years. At the beginning of this season it just didn't fit for me anymore. I've bought 5 putters this year, thought I had the gamer picked out in my Betti BB5 but I think the face is just too soft and I keep going back to the Scotty Laguna. I guess I will see how long that lasts.

This is the first year in a long time I have stuck to one putter, but I do play now and then with my old TP Mills No.12, my Dalehead Ping Anser or one I have made myself, just for the fun of it, but all serious play is with my Odyssey.

My Odyssey Milled #6M is my goto and my DB4 is my second choice. I find it hard to game anything but these two. If Odyssey came out with more versions of the #6M I'm sure I would pick them up too. Such a sweet putter.

This is the first year in a long time I have stuck to one putter, but I do play now and then with my old TP Mills No.12, my Dalehead Ping Anser or one I have made myself, just for the fun of it, but all serious play is with my Odyssey.

I LOVEEEEE the Spalding TPM #2 I picked up a few weeks ago. Only practice green and carpet putting thus far, but really like it. Going to be a refinishing project for me

I have two in my rotation at the moment, my 15 year old PING Ally 3 is my go to putter, but from time to time I will put the Nike Method in the bag.

I've played since I was 14, had 4 putters. Now 27. Picked up my first scotty recently. Can see that lasting me a very long time ;)

Back