THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Even if I don't make the team I am there all day on Saturday to cheer the guys along. I think Friday and Sunday golf are in order ;)

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'll be there Friday and Saturday regardless if I make Team OH.

I might be able to get away with a day trip on the Friday before to play the course.

Even if I don't make the team I am there all day on Saturday to cheer the guys along. I think Friday and Sunday golf are in order ;)

That is unless your "Honey Do" list doesn't grow from now until then

That is unless your "Honey Do" list doesn't grow from now until then
I am officially banning the list until winter 2016 once this damn bathroom is done

Matches 3 and 4 are going to be a GRIND. Throw in the fatigue factor along with the pressure of those formats? Going to make for some great stuff

I really think conditioning will be a big factor & a key to victory. I will be upping my workouts & making them golf-specific (maybe invest in this program?)

I am officially banning the list until winter 2016 once this damn bathroom is done

hey you offered to remodel our shower bud . i know it was after a bottle of wine but sam had said maybe june or july as possible start dates haha:eyepoke:

hey you offered to remodel our shower bud . i know it was after a bottle of wine but sam had said maybe june or july as possible start dates haha:eyepoke:

Move it to September and we have a deal

Now that formats are official

Which one do you think you could excel at?
Which one could you possibly struggle with?

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats?

Last edited:
Which one do you think you could excel at? I love Shamble, Getting length off the tee from my partners drives helps me a lot!

Which one could you possibly struggle with? Not really anything, I will show up and play to my Handicap, which is all I can do.

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game? I benefit from someone who is long off the tee, and is ready to have fun!

And finally, if not chosen for initial signups, why should you be selected by me? You've played with me before, seen my game progress, I've handled pressure situations on the golf course well before, because you and I are undefeated while sharing a cart in our matches.

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats?

Which one do you think you could excel at? - Shamble, just because I've played it before with good success. I'll be confident with that one.
Which one could you possibly struggle with? - true alternate shot, only because I've never played it. I don't think I'll play poorly per say, but out of the 4 it's the only one that is foreign to me at this point.

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats? - I can carry any twosome I am put into around the greens, so I like to have someone who can help me with some more length off the tee or long approach shots into the green. If I can get someone that can put a short iron into my hand in alternate shot, or can get us on or around the green after my mediocre driving distance, then we'll be a force to play against in any matchup.

I love modified Pinehurst and have had some success/fun in that format several times before. I don't see why this wouldn't continue.

Alt Shot is going to be a learning experience coupled with fatigue and pressure. However, I'll say best ball. I'm prone to blow up holes myself so I'll rely on my partner solely for at least a couple holes if tends continue.

The best partner for me is the one that the captain puts me with ?. But really, someone who is confident in their game and knows what they can do to help the team is a great partner in any format. For Alt Shot and Mod Pinehurst, someone who I think like can be advantageous, but so is someone who sees things from a different perspective if creativity is needed after one of my poor shots.

I think the one i would excel at the most will be Shamble. Having a partner tee off before me will be huge. If hes in good shape i can swing away off the tee. If we need one in the fairway i have a few options in the bag that can do just that.

I think the one where i may struggle with is Alt Shot. I think the added pressure of not wanting to put your partner in a bad position is big.

Pair me up with someone who keeps the ball in front of them and is ready to have a blast while winning a HOF tag

Best ball is usually good for me if I've got a steady partner as I'm prone to a blow up hole or two but can and will drop a birdie or par for net eagle or birdie to take holes

I've never played alt shot or modified pinehurst and so playing to a position for my partners next shot will be a new experience.

Someone who knows their game and what they are comfortable with and can say it on the course, closer may not always be the best shot to choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excel At: I guess I will go with Pure Alternate shot since from the sounds of it, not many have experience with it, and I have played it in several tournaments, and done well. There is definitely the most strategy/pressure involved in this format, and I think its a big advantage to have experienced/seen some of the best ways to have success in it.

Struggle With: Don't really see a format where I would struggle. I will say it can be hard to find/get in a rhythm during pure alternate shot, especially on the putting green where you only hit 1 putt per hole etc.

Teammate: Someone that has fun and realizes that everyone hits bad shots from time to time and is able to put it behind them and rebound quickly. Especially in match play, if you lose a hole, it is over with. Move on and win the next one. You can't let 1 bad shot/hole turn into 2 or 3 or you're toast.

For the different formats, give me a long hitter for the shamble and modified pinehurst and I will attack some pins with solid iron shots. For Pure alternate shot, give me a steady/accurate partner and we will do work.

Getting Fired Up for this event!

Which one do you think you could excel at? Best ball - I make a good percentage of birdies and more importantly par saves. I am a fine putter and have a strong short game.

Which one could you possibly struggle with? Maybe Alternate Shot but I am confident in my ability to not get my team mate into any serious trouble, I am even keeled, never getting too high or too low. If we get in trouble as am team I will do my part to get us out of trouble as a team.

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats? Someone who will enjoy the moment. Doesn't matter if I get paired with a high HC or low HC. Lets have fun and compete the best we can that day. Opportunities like Regional Rivalry are rare. I have been driving my friends and family crazy with RR this, RR that. I will do my best to represent Michigan, our team & THP. When it is over and done I hope everyone is blown away with what an incredible event it is so we can do it again next year.

Ive played them all so heres my 2 cents.

Excel-Shamble..Im a short hitter so can be a safety net for a big hitter. Get me into short iron range off the tee and we are good to go.
Struggle-Alt Shot, no matter how many times Ive played it, its just tough. You want to play well and it really stings when you put your partner in some crap.

Teammate-Im even keel, will have a good time regardless

I believe I can excel at all the formats. It just comes down to playing your game and not trying to do to much. Modified Pinehurst is the one I have the biggest question on. That is only because I have never played it before.

I feel I can get along well with anyone and the my game would work with most everyone. I have played with some and meet most of the Team Ohio guys. Anyone of them I would be happy to be paired with.

For me It's tough to rule out a single format. However from what I know of my game and preference...

Excel: Shamble. I'm decent length wise off the tee, so can benefit a shorter hitter. Not like we have many of those in Ohio.

Struggle: Alt Shot. Not based on my preference, as this one relies even more on a team aspect. Both players need to be comfortable from playing any shot regardless if it fits them. I actually love this as the pressure is more in the forefront of not putting your partner in a ****** position.

Type of partner: definitely going to try and make the match enjoyable, while at the same time offering whatever suggestions are needed.

Shamble is my best. On days that I don't struggle with the driver I pretty much always shoot in the 70's so having an extra drive to choose from by my partner helps a ton, which should extend over to modified pinehurst. Better ball I should do well in as well.

I have never played alternate shot so that should be interesting.

4 ball- I am average off the tee, hit a few of greens, and mostly two putt with the occasional single or triple putt.
Alternate shot- just cuz it's tough and I suck at it.
I play well with others. Someone who is funny and not an arse. Someone that is there to play g and willing to grind and fight till the last putt drops.

Officially becoming a chore

SORRY IF I LEFT ANYONE OFF THE LIST, IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE NO BUTT HURT ALLOWED
Again the order means absolutely nothing

Canadan-428 rounds in a row with a birdie, well done
Dave Winchell-Its confirmed, he is in the middle of a 9 month honeymoon. Looking forward to him making a return.
Ntanygd760-Drop on the list after a outdoor round of golf in OH was missed. Rumors swirling that Hickerad stole his CC info to purchase kids playhouse equipment.
Robozeo-90 minute drive for 38* golf, no problem, moves back up to wash away the loss he took for the last rankings.
Cbaker2882-Moved up for continuing to not show up with the Staff bag, but then back down once the scoring app showed his score Sunday
Certifiable-Sim round 81 with no distance off the tee, sounds like the game is coming together and still time to solve the distance mystery
PhillyV-Uggghhh, I have to move the guy up, hes played some sold golf over the last few months, welcome to the top 30!

PinSlayer216/Pkorf-Aweoms Firestone gesture moved him up the rankings, only to be mitigated by the screen name change that has confused so many (not me)
Robman7-No change as he continues to use his Tour X to laser random things around the house.
CaptainCaution-I think a sim round next weekend will lead to another boost...
Hickerad-About as active as the Indians this offseason, the computer has verified he is in deed in the top 60.
The Milk Man-5 birdies in a round over the weekend, up ya go
Gunner- No change here, still scared to drop him but with the weight loss regiment will he lose some strength and only be able to carry the ball 300?
Grins-Moving on up, swing and golf game is a total 180 from just a year or so ago, keep it up.
GolfinFF-Down the rankings for actually going to FL and coming back to crappy OH....FAIL!
Amart-I know hes golfed recently, but no details as if it was good or no bueno...
Maynard-Drops after missing a round in his backyard wile taking family vacation #487 for the year
Bullfrog-Moving on up, sounds like the solid indoor game has followed to the outdoors, keep it up!
Goldenbear67-Drops down the list after getting added then disappearing.
Xhail-Just in time for signups, welcome back.
Ohio_stryker-Same as xhail, resurrected from the woods of Fox Den after the throw up session.

Officially becoming a chore

SORRY IF I LEFT ANYONE OFF THE LIST, IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE NO BUTT HURT ALLOWED
Again the order means absolutely nothing

Canadan-428 rounds in a row with a birdie, well done
Dave Winchell-Its confirmed, he is in the middle of a 9 month honeymoon. Looking forward to him making a return.
Ntanygd760-Drop on the list after a outdoor round of golf in OH was missed. Rumors swirling that Hickerad stole his CC info to purchase kids playhouse equipment.
Robozeo-90 minute drive for 38* golf, no problem, moves back up to wash away the loss he took for the last rankings.
Cbaker2882-Moved up for continuing to not show up with the Staff bag, but then back down once the scoring app showed his score Sunday
Certifiable-Sim round 81 with no distance off the tee, sounds like the game is coming together and still time to solve the distance mystery
PhillyV-Uggghhh, I have to move the guy up, hes played some sold golf over the last few months, welcome to the top 30!

PinSlayer216/Pkorf-Aweoms Firestone gesture moved him up the rankings, only to be mitigated by the screen name change that has confused so many (not me)
Robman7-No change as he continues to use his Tour X to laser random things around the house.
CaptainCaution-I think a sim round next weekend will lead to another boost...
Hickerad-About as active as the Indians this offseason, the computer has verified he is in deed in the top 60.
The Milk Man-5 birdies in a round over the weekend, up ya go
Gunner- No change here, still scared to drop him but with the weight loss regiment will he lose some strength and only be able to carry the ball 300?
Grins-Moving on up, swing and golf game is a total 180 from just a year or so ago, keep it up.
GolfinFF-Down the rankings for actually going to FL and coming back to crappy OH....FAIL!
Amart-I know hes golfed recently, but no details as if it was good or no bueno...
Maynard-Drops after missing a round in his backyard wile taking family vacation #487 for the year
Bullfrog-Moving on up, sounds like the solid indoor game has followed to the outdoors, keep it up!
Goldenbear67-Drops down the list after getting added then disappearing.
Xhail-Just in time for signups, welcome back.
Ohio_stryker-Same as xhail, resurrected from the woods of Fox Den after the throw up session.

Better ranking than I thought it would be! TOP 60! Wait....aren't there only 24 guys that replied to 441?

I never want these rankings to end

Back