Callaway XR OS Irons Preview

Well look at some of the other companies that do well in the iron market. They dont rarely change the name, only the numbers or add to the name. I like that they stayed with XR, just wish they made a more obvious change
Once again I agree with you. Just shoulda added a '16' or 'OS' somehow. Very nice irons.

Last edited:
These look sharp for sure. I wasn't a fan of the last model of XR irons, but I'd like to give these a chance.

I love my current XR irons and can't justify replacing them at this point but I'm definitely interested in these. Really liking the badge. What does the OS stand for?

My dad has irons that are probably 4-5 years old and hybrids that are older in his bag right now. This combo set looks it these could really work for him. They don't look completely obnoxious for an SGI set meant to get the ball up in the air.

I love my current XR irons and can't justify replacing them at this point but I'm definitely interested in these. Really liking the badge. What does the OS stand for?

Oversized.

If you do a quick search, I believe there's pics of the XR OS next to the XR, you can definitely see the size difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More forgiving... Wow another set that is more forgiving. At this point, any idiot should be able to hit an iron!!!

My wife has a set of Razr X HL - these look like they'd be a nice replacement for her for those.

I like the look of these a lot with the multiple finishes on them. Im happy they're sticking with the XR name for this line

agreed. I like the XR name and hope it sticks around.

Last year's XRs were a little too big for my taste, but you can't argue with the way they performed. Looking forward to hearing/seeing the improvements.

Like the badging, sole looks interesting with the little chrome 'notch', looking forward to in-hand pics and size comparison to other irons.

More forgiving... Wow another set that is more forgiving. At this point, any idiot should be able to hit an iron!!!

LOL, and no matter where you hit it on the face, the ball goes where you intended because the club instantly forgives your mistake(s). Sold!

Looks like a nice entry to round out the Callaway lineup. Certainly look super easy to hit.

Really like the looks of these and as many have stated the badging looks great. And the tech has me quite intrigued.

Very nice looking club and I bet it will perform very well. I always liked the look and feel of Callaway and Pings irons and this one shouldn't dissapoint.

Soles looks very interesting, looks beveled on the back edge

I need a club that is as forgiving as my wonderful and late Mother, I could never do anything that she couldn't forgive.

OS stands for Over Size. These irons are meant to replace the Big Bertha's. These are not replacements for last year's XR.

OS stands for Over Size. These irons are meant to replace the Big Bertha's. These are not replacements for last year's XR.

Thanks you. I really wanted to like last year's big bertha irons but couldn't get along with them.

I have a set of Big Bertha's but will be looking and following these closely. I really like the looks of these and the price isn't nearly as bad as the Bertha's were. Hopefully will be in my bag come Jan 22nd. Just want to see some reviews on these first. (a new ponder)

I agree. I just wish the badge logos said XR OS and not just XR. Same issue i have with the drivers and woods. To the everyday normal consumer they look at a rack and the XR logo pops out on both sets of irons but they'll go with the old set because it'll be hundreds less

OS is actually stamped on the rear of the hosel. Agree though if you only look at the badge you might think they are XR's.

OS is actually stamped on the rear of the hosel.

Yes. My point was someone may look at the XR logo on both the OS and the old version and not know the difference that's all

Yes. My point was someone may look at the XR logo on both the OS and the old version and not know the difference that's all

Sorry, didn't know you knew about the hosel stamping. I'll go away now.

Sorry, didn't know you knew about the hosel stamping. I'll go away now.

Nah no need to do that. Conversation about new product is always good

Those are clean, I feel like alot of GI irons are too busy looking. These are not, I like em.

I saw a short 'first-hit' YTube video last night by Rick Shiels who said they felt very easy to hit and gave him pretty much the distance that he would expect to see from the club he was using (think it was a 7i which was somewhere around 175-180yds)

If I was in the market for new irons, I can say I wouldn't be dismissing these as they do look good, but as already mentioned it would possibly be better if the 'OS' badge was a bit more prominent to help differentiate between the two sets

Back