Srixon 355 Driver - THP Preview Thread

Sorry. Must have totally missed that. In the pic by itself it looked deep. Can't wait to see the comparisons.

All good dude, I'll get a pic with a ball in front of the face today.

I have a feeling you are going to like this one and will have fun with.

Im interested to see what your numbers are on good hits purely from curiosity standpoint.

I got kind excited on the deepness I miss the deep face on the original Cleveland classic!

I got kind excited on the deepness I miss the deep face on the original Cleveland classic!

Hahaha, not even anywhere in the same galaxy as that beast of a face!

Hahaha, not even anywhere in the same galaxy as that beast of a face!

You could use that thing as a stepstool if you wanted.

Is this on the level of the G30 in terms of shallowness?

You could use that thing as a stepstool if you wanted.

Is this on the level of the G30 in terms of shallowness?

These pics are close to the same distance/angle as eachother and might help with a visual, G30 is deeper.

DSC_0515-XL.jpg

20150828_085021-XL.jpg

Thanks - that is quite shallow.

Interesting that it's so shallow faced. The 545 was on the other side of the spectrum. When I hit it well, it goes far, but I'm less consistent with that club than I am some other drivers. Really looking forward to trying this one out.

Totally my thoughts man. I feel like this is a really solid and interesting offering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally my thoughts man. I feel like this is a really solid and interesting offering

It definitely differentiates itself from the 545 and 745. Very good move IMO.

Go hit that thing!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Go hit that thing!!!!

Silly thing called work is getting in the way of my work. Hahaha

Soon, will be out there here within an hour and a half.

Shallower face and a heavier head sounds interesting and different from a lot of the latest offerings. Will be interested to hear how that works out

Boy,,,,,am I gonna be pissed if you post the results after I pass Key West. Then I have to wait two days till I hit the Mississippi River. And BTW the work excuse is weak at best!

Sorry. Must have totally missed that. In the pic by itself it looked deep. Can't wait to see the comparisons.

Looks deeper than the 545. Strange

If I would have just looked at the pics and not read the description, I would have thought the same thing.

Great to see Miyazaki back in the fold!

Another stunning club from Srixon...shocker! All they seem to do these days is release gorgeous, high performing clubs.

I'm loving that stock shaft too. Not a fan of the 57g weight (with they had a 60-70g option) but at least it looks hot!

This is the only negative I see. I'm not a fan of the one weight fits all shaft approach. Everything else looks awesome though

The shaft weight thing is always interesting to me. I sit around 107+ with the driver and am notoriously aggressive from the top and haven't ever had an issue with a lightweight shaft, even down into 43g, but over time I've been able to shut my brain off there too and just swing, I know that helps. Not arguing or trying to get dander up, I just think it's something that's over thought at times because of old connotations ofightweight driver shafts. I'm all for playing what makes you comfy.

Here, I'd bet any amount of money if I hadn't posted the weight and put it in your hands you'd think it was high 60s or 70s in weight. At d8 this thing is a hammer, a hefty hammer. I'll get into that with more detail here in a bit when momma and Lotte leave and I have time. Some really good baseline thoughts from yesterday.

Also, GOOD pics will hopefully go up in the first post too once I move them over and upload from the camera. Not fond of the ones I put up yesterday.

This thing sounds really sweet to me! I've never owned a Srixon however I could see myself with a 12 degree one of these pounding the heck out of the ball .

That definition of your swing sounds exactly like mine, now I'm really piqued to see your thoughts. You have until 2300 tonight.

Really intriguing driver. Love they went with a 45" shaft. One of those in 12* would be really interesting for me to hit.

The shaft weight thing is always interesting to me. I sit around 107+ with the driver and am notoriously aggressive from the top and haven't ever had an issue with a lightweight shaft, even down into 43g, but over time I've been able to shut my brain off there too and just swing, I know that helps. Not arguing or trying to get dander up, I just think it's something that's over thought at times because of old connotations ofightweight driver shafts. I'm all for playing what makes you comfy.

Here, I'd bet any amount of money if I hadn't posted the weight and put it in your hands you'd think it was high 60s or 70s in weight. At d8 this thing is a hammer, a hefty hammer. I'll get into that with more detail here in a bit when momma and Lotte leave and I have time. Some really good baseline thoughts from yesterday.

Also, GOOD pics will hopefully go up in the first post too once I move them over and upload from the camera. Not fond of the ones I put up yesterday.

The lightweight shaft at the heavy swingweight is SUPER intriguing to me, especially with this playing stock at a length I like to play a driver. I'll be really interested in seeing your thoughts, and swinging this on a monitor. If this is really a way to get a bit faster swing speed, and have a bit more energy going into the ball, this thing could be a bomber. Srixon definitely knows how to make a hot driver face - the 545 is fantastic in that respect.

I'm definitely interested in going back to a lighter shaft. I think I do generate more speed with it. For fun, I threw the stock shaft that came with my Bertha in there (50g R flex) - I'm not nearly as fast as you are - about 97 when I was on the flightscope down i Savannah - but I didn't feel like I was out of control at all, and I was definitely seeing a bit more yardage.

I can see myself with an entire bag of the 355 line, from what I've heard. It'd sure look nice in the Srixon stand bag.

Interesting thoughts, that I do agree a lot with. While at PX, they were speaking about gram differences of 5-7 (or more) and how few golfers can even tell a difference, even at the highest level, if swing weight is done correctly.

Looking down at it makes me think of a 910D2

This is the only negative I see. I'm not a fan of the one weight fits all shaft approach. Everything else looks awesome though

If I would have just looked at the pics and not read the description, I would have thought the same thing.

Great to see Miyazaki back in the fold!

Watching a buddy with similar SS to Jman hit the xxio driver and have zero issues crushing the ball 286+ of carry per gc2 I have no doubt that the setup in this will be no different. Like James says if you just turn off the brain and just swing the club there won't be any issues

Looking forward to your thoughts, I quite like shallower faced drivers myself. As the driver is the only club in my bag right now I have incertienties about this may be a step in the right direction for me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Srixon 355 Driver - THP Preview Thread

Watching a buddy with similar SS to Jman hit the xxio driver and have zero issues crushing the ball 286+ of carry per gc2 I have no doubt that the setup in this will be no different. Like James says if you just turn off the brain and just swing the club there won't be any issues

Regardless, I'm still not a fan of one size fits all shafts. What works for your buddy might not work for me.

Back