How do you choose your golf ball?

Easily price. Sub $30/doz is my sweet spot. I look for the best ball in that price range.

1. Price
2. Spin off tee
3. Green side performance

B330RX. They're priced where I can afford them. They go straight for me off the tee. I'm not able to drop a shot on a green with consistency but when I do, it doesn't roll too far.

1. Budget
2. feel around green
3. Drives and wood shots.

I went through Bfit. The numbers don't lie. Haven't really changed . Played a couple others but always go back to the B330.

I was fitted by a Bridgestone Ball fitter. He told me which is right for my swingspeed. So that's what I use. I will play ProV1's when they are given to me tho.

We all have different ways of choosing the equipment that we play. The same can be said for choosing a golf ball. Some go by brand, color, price, or a specific technical aspect. So my question to you is what is at the top of your list for criteria when it comes to selecting a new golf ball for you.

My main thing is to know my currect shot and swing. Then I look for a ball that best fits that part.

Was easy for me. I tend to have a little over the top so I get a little more spin than I might want at times, Easy choice I play the Bridgestone E6

How faded it is when I find it.?
Is it a women's ball?
Does it have cart path rash on it?
Do I have to carry water?
:D

1. Feel at impact
2. Distance
3. Price.

Honestly most of my info comes from the great peeps here at THP. The reason I tried out the Duo and then the Chromesoft (actually got a free dozen from Team Callaway last year but the reviews got me to buy in to a lower compression ball) was due to the excitement from everybody that got their hands on them early.

Why I kept using both of them is price ($50+ for a dozen balls is too much for me) and then performance. I am not that good to really take full advantage of any golf equipment, but when I do put good swings on things I like to be rewarded with something that works for me. Chromesoft and possibly the new Duo Urethane fit both my price point and seem to be models that should work for me (very happy with Chromesoft, guessing on Duo Urethane).

I also like having the option of playing a different color than white. If everybody in my group is playing white I like to have the option to play something so I know which ball is mine.

I play them and choose what I like. i don't loose many balls so cost is not important. I likea ball that feels soft and that I can control on short chips and pitches. For me, spin is good; I don't kook or slice so side spin is not an issue either.

Used to be price. Then one day found a 330-RX and used it. Seeing the difference between one I was using and that was fairly eye opening. I buy them used now so price is not an issue.

Things I use to judge now are

Check on low 20 yard spinners
Distance with mid irons and hybrids
Performance landing on green from 100-150 yards
Performance into wind
Driving distance
Feel

Willing to test any urethane ball for the most part.

I chose based on a ball fitting by Bridgestone.

Besides that I like to choose based on how it feels and the spin I get.

1. Feel off the club face. I don't want a marshmellow nor do I want a rock.
2. Spin around the green and off short irons.
3. Distance with the driver.

Those we be the 3 factors that I look to

I work backwards,
1. Feel off the putter.
2. Something I can hit pretty straight of the tee box.
3. Price, I keep it under $40 and hunt for sales.
4. I prefer yellow as I can track it easier in the air.

1)how is reacts on approach shots/ around the green

2)distance/dispersion off the tee

3)feel

4) durability

Short game feel
Price
Driver spin

I lose too many to get something expensive so I almost always get them by the 5 dozen on knetgolf. I play a fairly high compression, but softer cover ball during the season (based on the chart at golfballtest.org before I found THP) and it works pretty well for me. I tried the SR2, but I never really felt comfortable with it; same with the e6 which is popular, but just never really worked for me.

I go put and play a ball and see how it feels and performs for me. Then if I like the feel, spin, and performance, I look at price.

I read the reviews and check the spin numbers and such as compared to the gold standard ProV1. I don't generally play ProV's because they are too spinny, and suck back on greens... I hate that. But I know what they do, so I sort of compare others to them. So I want something that has a soft feel, good distance, and doesn't spin as much as a ProV1. So I've been playing B330-S this year, and really like them. Good distance, and generally the approach shots will hop and stop, unless it's uphill or wet or something. Tried out the Nike RZN plats and blacks, too, because of reviews on them, and they are good, but I prefer the B330S. The RZN blacks are rather hard, I'd say they are more like the NXT Tour... and the Plats do perform like the B330S, same distance, same spin, but they aren't as soft on the face, either, though they are softer than the blacks. I buy mine either on sale, or mint used (not refurbished).

If a ball comes out that sounds enticing to me and the thp reviews are good; then I'll buy it.

Thp reviews haven't failed me yet.

1 Price - not that I go cheap, but as someone who'll still lose 2-3 balls per round on occasion, I don't want to lose $12 of golf balls over 18 holes.
2 Dispersion - again, higher handicapper = needing a bit of side to side ballflight help. Also, see #1.
3 Feel - Hate hitting rocks, but I also didn't get along with some of the really low compression balls either due to a lack of feel there too.

Feel - I prefer somewhere in between a rock and a marshmallow
Distance that I'm accustomed to seeing
Price - I prefer something in the $20-40 range, but I will sometimes buy balls in the logo overrun bin if they are decent balls

Honestly I don't pay as much attention to the ball as I probably should but I've had success with $20/doz balls (duo, SS) and I've had success with more expensive balls as well (PV1, 330)

For me its feel off of the putter and how the ball reacts from 100 yards an in

I think I know what I don't like more than what I like. Price is probably the biggest though because with my game I can't afford to lose multiple $3-$4 balls per round.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1. Made in USA – Over the years this has become more important to me. Once I use up all my non USA balls only Made in USA balls will be in my bag
2. Color – I only play yellow balls due to bad eyesight
3. Price – I eliminate the high price balls
4. Feel – I like soft balls
5. Distance - I like long balls
6. Spin – I adjust to balls with or without spin
7. New – I only play new balls unless I find a ball on the course that is nice enough to be used as a water ball

Back