Misleading Info from an OEM? Your Thoughts

I would agree with that. I take the stance of I'm smart enough to realize what I buy off the rack or custom after a fitting is not the same or ever will be the same as what the guys getting paid to play is. So if they want to try and market the newer irons go for it. For the most part marketing doesn't really play into how I feel about clubs but that's just my .02 of course.

Here's another one... Did you really think you'd gain 17 yards with RBZ? I knew I wouldn't. I went to the stores and I saw the charts with people gaining 40 yards and I just laughed. It's probably very accurate for some, and irrelevant for others -- But I don't think saying "up to" 17 yards longer is misleading.

Here's another one... Did you really think you'd gain 17 yards with RBZ? I knew I wouldn't. I went to the stores and I saw the charts with people gaining 40 yards and I just laughed. It's probably very accurate for some, and irrelevant for others -- But I don't think saying "up to" 17 yards longer is misleading.
No I totally agree with that. I actually used to game that FW. I used to hit it well and enjoyed the feel, but I hit it maybe a yard or 2 further than any other FW with the same loft. But like you said just because it's not 17 yards longer for me doesn't mean it wouldn't be for the next guy.

I guess it depends on if the shafts are the real deal or not. In reality, no it does not matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No big deal to me.

Doesn't really bother me.

It's an advertisement. Just like car dealers advertising x dollars per month based on base model but the ad showing upgraded model. As a consumer if you can't understand ads then that's a different issue

No issues with it. I really don't pay these ads much attention anyways.

A little sneaky but not something worth wasting energy being outraged over. Every company uses pros to promote products that might not necessarily be in their bags.

I can see their motivation behind it, for most companies it isn't good marketing for their new products if people prefer the older versions.

They intentionally left the 714 out so I would say that is a bit deceptive.

Does this count as his WITB thread for his Hyundai TOC win then?

Ya, all they are REALLY saying is he won with the ProV1x, by definition.

Not a big deal to me. Its marketing they want to give their latest equipment the spot light.

I know what he is gaming because I was told as such. But are we sure the 716s aren't in the bag? Just asking....
It doesn't bother me one way or the other. I don't buy because the pros play them. I buy based on my peers recommendations.

Doesn't bother me a bit. Haven't there been countless pros who play a proto club that really isn't all that similar to the club offered to the public.

My thoughts as well. I think all manufacturers do it to a degree. Maybe not as obvious as this ad but I think they all do it. And if the average golfer not internet golfers like us would they really know a difference or care?

I'll be honest. I couldn't tell you what irons were pictured or if they were different from what he plays. I know he's not playing rack clubs, and I know he may not even be playing anything I can get my hands on. And if he is playing a rack club I can buy, the odds are I've got no business playing that club anyway.

So deceptive? Yes.

Does it matter? Morally: yes. Realistically: No.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Funny I just saw this at the Pro Shop. January's version of Golf Magazine.

Pictured with the 714s.

17459b3cd1045967b3e3b908ad91269e.jpg

I know what he is gaming because I was told as such. But are we sure the 716s aren't in the bag? Just asking....
It doesn't bother me one way or the other. I don't buy because the pros play them. I buy based on my peers recommendations.

Based on what was televised this weekend? 714.

I think the makes ding part is if I were to buy the clubs, then I should play as well as Spieth. It's got to be the arrows not the Indian! Not really. I don't mind it at all.

No big deal. I see it as the same as a player having a headcover for a club they don't play.

haha.... what?!

They intentionally left the 714 out so I would say that is a bit deceptive.

Does this count as his WITB thread for his Hyundai TOC win then?

Jordan Spieth
Hyundai Tournament of Champions, PGA Tour

Driver: Titleist 915D2 (9.5 degrees, Aldila Rogue Limited Edition Black 60TX shaft)
3-Wood: Titleist 915F (15 degrees, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X shaft)
3-Iron: Titleist 712U (Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X shaft)
4-9 Irons: Titleist AP2 714 AP2 (True Temper Project X 6.0 shafts)
46-Degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 (True Temper Project X 6.0 shaft)
52-Degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 (True Temper Project X 6.0 shaft)
56-Degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 (True Temper Project X 6.0 shaft)
60-Degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 (True Temper Project X 6.0 shaft)
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 009

Snedeker played a burner driver with a Bridgestone headcover. Phil used to play an rbz 3 wood with a Callaway headcover. Other examples but those are the two that come to mind.

Not a big deal to me. At least it's still the same company claiming the victory.

I saw that in the email and thought it was a bit misleading. I know what he's playing because I follow it enough, but someone will buy them simply because they think the best golfer on the planet plays them.

I think the image's focus is on the ball based on the word in the image, but it could easily be seen as a little misleading (or perhaps careless if some intern created the image, LOL).

Understandable, but to the common viewer it appears that he is playing a Bridgestone driver by looking at his bag and that is misleading.

100% agree with you. I also don't think this is just a thing that Snedeker thought of. When Luke Donald was #1 in the world, he had a Mizuno headcover on a TaylorMade driver, and everyone knew it was a TM driver because of the white head at that time. Vijay Singh had a Cleveland headcover on a TM driver back in the day when he was #1 in the world too.

He tried the 716 line last season early in the Fedex Cup playoffs and went back to the 714 line. He's not comfortable yet with the turf interaction on the 716 line. I bet that once he has more time to work with Titleist on that issue, they'll get him into a set of the 716 irons.

I think it's false advertising. Is it a big deal? Not to me as I don't purchase clubs based on those type adds. I'm more likely to take recommendations from THPers as their games relate to my game more than Jordan's. IMHO!

Back