Alcohol and playing Golf - How much is too much?... or none at all - your thoughts...

I drank and had a stogey for most of the first 18 months I started playing golf.

I virtually stopped doing that for the last 6-8 months.

I drank and played a practice 9 yesterday for the first time in a long time, and I couldn't believe how much of a difference it makes. I felt so unsteady on my backswing.

I smoked a stogey and had a couple drinks. It was my first round in a long long time where I wasn't making good contact with the ball. I'm not sure I hit a single ball clean.

I actually think the stogey did more damage than the drinks.

My best golf is played in the 3 to 7 beer window.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I find that alcohol really helps loosen things up in a foursome. But I tend to try not to overdue it but I have found that I like to go out and play with a six pack with friends

I save it for after golf...kinda feels like "drinking and driving" to me. If it effects fine motor skills and I want to do well or get better at golf it's best for after.

very rarely will I drink while playing. In the summer heat/humidity here, it almost instantly saps the energy right out of me. I carry a Hydroflask with ice water, and will usually stop at the turn and get a big Gatorade. If I'm in a charity scramble and the rest of the group is drinking, I'll have 1 or 2 but that's it for me. I save the drinking till I'm home.

I might have a beer or 2 while playing but most of the time I wait until after the round.

None for me. On Jan 20th I'll have been sober for 8 years. It's kinda nice because every year I buy myself something nice to celebrate. This year it was a set of Mizuno MP-25's haha.

Today is January 20th :banana:

Today is January 20th :banana:

Congrats!!! That's huge. Hope your day is wonderful!

I used to really dig in at the course and played awful. Always thought, I suck anyways, might as well drink. Now that I'm really attempting to become better, I'll drink maybe on before and none until after. Like I said, I suck enough without it. Ha.

If you see more than one ball at address, you've had to much!!!

Back