Ram Zebra putter

Now, I'm down to twelve.

Attachments

• DIRTY DOZEN.jpg
    DIRTY DOZEN.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
16 out of 14 huh? Nice.

No need to carry less than 14.

I roll 14 with a smile on my face. Can't be happier and would NEVER game less.
I figure the day I feel the need to drop below 14 because my bag is set, I am going to add a 64* wedge just because.

I figure the day I feel the need to drop below 14 because my bag is set, I am going to add a 64* wedge just because.

I'd go the other way. Deep fairway or heavenwood.

Zero interest in a wedge over 58* haha

I can go flopasauras with my 58 dude.. you know this. You've seen this.
I know this.

But, Flopasauras-Rex with a 64*. Backwards flops!

I game 13 clubs. Driver, 3 wood, 4-GW, 52* & 54* wedges and putter. Everything I need.

I game 13 clubs. Driver, 3 wood, 4-GW, 52* & 54* wedges and putter. Everything I need.

What's the distance difference between your 3 wood and 4 iron?

What's your gap between 3w and 4i?

What's your gap between 3w and 4i?
5 yds., see post #13. I've become pretty good at choking down on the 3 wood and hitting a high/cut shot 185-200 yds. depending on the wind and elevation condition.

I have no interest in having less that 14. I would think your putting yourself at a disadvantage.

5 yds., see post #13. I've become pretty good at choking down on the 3 wood and hitting a high/cut shot 185-200 yds. depending on the wind and elevation condition.

What do you hit driver?

185 with a 4 iron isn't that bad distance wise at all. But a 3 wood should be getting way more than 5 more yards more. Something like 30-40+ yards more. Are you just that much more comfortable swinging irons than woods?

185 with a 4 iron isn't that bad distance wise at all. But a 3 wood should be getting way more than 5 more yards more. Something like 30-40+ yards more. Are you just that much more comfortable swinging irons than woods?
71 year old, replaced left knee and right shoulder, repaired right knee and left shoulder. The smooth swing I have now works great with the irons, especially the 4-6 ions which are Ping G-Max irons with steel SR shafts. I just don't, and won't, swing hard any more. I'm liking the smooth swing.

Now if we're talking 20-30 years ago..................that's a different and much better story yardage wise, throughout the bag back then.

You play what works for your game, that's cool. Impressive distance control.

71 year old, replaced left knee and right shoulder, repaired right knee and left shoulder. The smooth swing I have now works great with the irons, especially the 4-6 ions which are Ping G-Max irons with steel SR shafts. I just don't, and won't, swing hard any more. I'm liking the smooth swing.

Now if we're talking 20-30 years ago..................that's a different and much better story yardage wise, throughout the bag back then.

Fair enough, thanks for explanation. I'm impressed with the 185 with the 4 iron.

Fair enough, thanks for explanation. I'm impressed with the 185 with the 4 iron.
Hot clubs, hot balls e6's, smooth swing and hitting the 4 iron flush. Really scoots with the G-Max irons.

Great conversation cbaker2882, War Eagle and Canadan.

I was a 4-7 handicapper from the late 60's thru Aug 1999 before the surgeries starting in Oct 1999 and last one was Sept 2014. Took a full year to recover from the shoulder repair surgery (rotator cuff and labrum tears) last Sept, but the replacement done May 2014 was easy/peasy. I was back hitting balls 9 weeks after the replacement.

I gamble with 13 clubs ,but will add one to the mix soon filling a gap much needed.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just the 12 for me, I've been known to go out with a pencil bag and half that and shoot similar scores.
I hit a 5w as far as a 3w so dropped that, and I've given away more shots with a LW than I've gained so that's gone as well.

Back