Golf Course Greens: Aeration & Sanding, should you told before you buy green fee's?

ProZoneGolf

Clubmaker/Fitter
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf Course Greens: Aeration & Sanding, should you told before you buy green fee's?

Golf Course Greens: Aeration & Sanding, should you told of the condition before you buy green fee's? or is it up to you to ask?

You get to green #1 and they are punched/sanded, do you feel the pro shop should mention this prior to your booking?

My opinion is play it...and enjoy

Pro shop should make you well aware of any aeration or major maintenance going on that you would encounter during the course of play. They should, in my opinion, also offer discounted pricing at that time if it effects play, which many/most do. Anything other than that is misleading.

/thread

Yes, you should be informed of conditions of the course prior to paying for your round.

Thread over.

I wouldn't be happy, but pretty much all the courses out here will let you know when you make a tee time. Most aerate in September. My home course is a 27 hole course so they alternate the 9s which works out.

Two things I wish were always true in this situation:

1) they warn you in the clubhouse and online and on the phone,
2) they reduce the fees.

We tell our golfers way ahead of time (as soon as we get informed of the maintenance). We let them know when they call to book and on our Facebook page.

You should be ticked off if you aren't told. Even if it is before you pay your greens fees, but you HAVE to be told.

Of course you should be informed about the greens being aerated, every course I have played has informed us if they have recently aerated the greens.

I would be as upset about paying for sub-par green conditions as I would for using unnecessary apostrophes.

They should inform you for about 10days after it was done

Pro shop should make you well aware of any aeration or major maintenance going on that you would encounter during the course of play. They should, in my opinion, also offer discounted pricing at that time if it effects play, which many/most do. Anything other than that is misleading.

/thread

Couldn't have said it better. A notice on the website is also a nice touch, but being notified prior to purchase should be an absolute requirement.

/thread

I support this. Can't imagine a course not discounting for aerated greens. THat's just wrong.

I support this. Can't imagine a course not discounting for aerated greens. THat's just wrong.

Not sure I've ever heard of a course actually discounting the round because of it in my experience.

Not sure I've ever heard of a course actually discounting the round because of it in my experience.

We do it the two days we aerate and at least a couple of days after, depending on how quickly the greens are healing. Usually we do the super twilight rate all day for 18 holes.

Oh really? I know my course drops their guest rates when they terrorize the greens in the fall.

We do it the two days we aerate and at least a couple of days after, depending on how quickly the greens are healing. Usually we do the super twilight rate all day for 18 holes.

I want you to run the courses I play then haha.

Oh really? I know my course drops their guest rates when they terrorize the greens in the fall.

Typically it's during off season fall rates anyway, so the rates are already lowered. But they don't lower them more when they aerate. It's annoying.

My city courses do not and the main way they warn you is printouts on doors a few weeks out and PDF on web...pretty lame. I should provide some feedback this year.

Typically it's during off season fall rates anyway, so the rates are already lowered. But they don't lower them more when they aerate. It's annoying.

It's very annoying, absolutely... And it's why I think the course needs to make it clear, whether they announce it during the call, on the site, wherever, that the greens have been ravaged.

/thread

They should also put it on their website.

I travel a lot for golf and try to book nice golf courses while I am out.

Nothing pisses me off more than looking forward to a round for a month only to step onto the first tee and find out that it is paths only because they just over seeded. Playing in mush is no fun.

Not once has a course apologized or offered a discount after setting me up for a miserable round.

My course does post a sign both in the clubhouse and at the first tee. Prices are reduced for 7 days as well.

Golf Course Greens: Aeration & Sanding, should you told of the condition before you buy green fee's? or is it up to you to ask?

You get to green #1 and they are punched/sanded, do you feel the pro shop should mention this prior to your booking?

My opinion is play it...and enjoy
Ok, we should play it and enjoy. But what does that have to do with whether or not the course should inform people of the status of the greens?

Answer: It doesn't.

Yes, a course should inform people who are going to play the course that the greens have been aerated. A discount would also be appreciated. I'll still go out and play, and enjoy my round, but a heads up is always warranted.

/thread

Didn't have to read far. This pretty much sums it up and ends the thread!

/thread

Well said, agree completely.

They definitely should, especially if they are asking you to pay full price for a lesser than normal conditions

Back