Who are the Most Famous People that Went to Your High School?

You are absolutely famous if they name one of these after you. [h=1]USS CARL VINSON (CVN-70)[/h]
245_large_image.jpg
I changed your image because for some reason the one you attached did not work

They did that while he was living too, that is not usually done at all. I have a friend who lives in his country home (he also had a town house that now belongs to Georgia College & State University), I have sat in the same room Mr. Vinson and President Eisenhower sat in an talked many times. Very cool.

It seems like you old coots always have some crazy cool story in your back pocket just waiting to be unleashed. Dawg bustin' out the Vinson/Eisenhower story. (P.S. a main road here in Warner Robins is Carl Vinson Parkway)

I thought maybe OG would pop in and tell us he went to school with Laura Ingalls or something. :clown:

I went to an all boys Catholic High School and while we were frequent champs in football, basketball, and baseball it didn't translate much into professional careers. We did send 4 grads to Congress but likely sent more to prison!

Last edited:
My tiny high school in Eastern Washington had no real famous people go there, so that makes ME the most famous since I am here on THP !

Paul Wall (rapper)
Chamillionaire (rapper)
Joseph Kahn (music video director for a boatload of artists)
Selvin Young (football: UT & NFL)

A few other D-list celebs and athletes.

My school is old, the only famous people many of you would not know but I knew all of these had attended.

Oliver Hardy, famous comedian from Laurel and Hardy
William Usery, former United States Secretary of Labor
Carl Vinson, Father of two-ocean navy, U. S. Representative for 51 years

i had orders to the Carl Vinson but then received updated orders to intel school after boot camp

We really don't have any.

We had Tom Grogan, the first person to play in a Final Four and The Rose Bowl. (Iowa, Final Four in 1980 and Rose Bowl in 1982)

Only famous person I can think of is Dennis Werth. Played for the Yankees and Royals and is the step dad to Jayson Werth that plays for the Nationals.

Randall McDaniel, Hall of Famer for the Vikings.

When I was there, or just in history?

When I was there, I played soccer with Thomas Tapeh. He was actually a better soccer player than he was a football player, if you can believe that.

For those of you who don't know who TT is/was, he was an NFL running back for the Eagles and Vikings.

Before me/my time? Tons of college and pro hockey players have came through the zip code of JHS (some of them went to the private school HM who has been stealing our guys for decades lol) - about 3 square miles - has produced more USA Olympic hockey players and college/pro players than any other in the entire nation. It's really the Mecca of American hockey.

Herb Brooks is among the most famous to have walked through the halls of my high school. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Senior_High_School_(Saint_Paul,_Minnesota)#Notable_alumni

Me and the 23 others in my graduating class are all equally famous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St. Francis Prep in Brooklyn, NY. We had Vince Lombardi, Joe Torre, Larry Dinardo (NO Saints), Julie Chen, Frank Serpico, Ed Jenkins (NFL), Sonny Dove (NBA), Patti Anne Browne (FOX), Marco Battaglia (NFL) and me! :egyptian:

CM Punk is probably the most famous. I had some classes with him and used to go watch his backyard wrestling league.

Haley Augello - qualifier for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 48 kg freestyle wrestling
Ron Coomer - former MLB player for Minnesota Twins, New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs, currently radio commentator for the Cubs
Ashley Freiberg, sports car and endurance racing driver
Tom Haller - MLB player for San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers, 3-time All-Star
Kyle Higgins - comic book writer and film director
Richaun Holmes - NBA basketball player for the Philadelphia 76ers
Tony Pashos - former NFL offensive lineman for the Oakland Raiders
CM Punk - mixed martial artist, comic book writer, retired professional wrestler
Nick Setta - CFL kicker/punter for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Alando Tucker - professional basketball player, first-round selection by Phoenix Suns in 2007 NBA Draft
Mike Zimmer - current NFL head coach of the Minnesota Vikings

Calista Flockhart - played Ally McBeal

Not famous, but a kid my mom taught in preschool who lived down the street from us went to Syracuse and was in the Final Four. We live in a super small town, so nothing really exciting ever happens to anyone, so that was fun to hear about and follow.

Alexa Bliss- pro wrestler
Nate Ebner - NE Patriots
Mike Furrey - Played in the NFL- now WR coach for Bears
John Konesky - Tenacious D guitarist
Tim Skipper - lead singer House of Heroes

matt kuchar
sebastian janikowski
lauren thompson (on the golf channel)

i think that’s pretty much it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much from mine:

Kerron Clement - 2-time Olympic track and field gold medalist, 4-time world championships gold medalist
Mike Clendenen - NFL football player (Denver Broncos)
Curvin Richards - NFL football player (Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions)
Shaun Rogers - NFL football player (Detroit Lions, New York Giants)
Yusuf Scott - NFL football player (Arizona Cardinals)
Ed Thompson - member of Texas House of Representatives since 2013 from Brazoria County; former trustee of Pearland Independent School District

Wakefield High School in Arlington, VA

Hunter Doherty "Patch" Adams (1963) – medical doctor; inspiration behind the film Patch Adams
David Michael "Dave" Bautista, Jr – professional wrestler, actor
Nidal Malik Hasan (attended freshman year) – 2009 Fort Hood shooting killer
Harun Iman – middle-distance runner, competitor at the 2006 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships

I was friends with Dave Bautista ... he barely graduated 2 years before me. But I saw him at a lot of parties! HA! :act-up:

I just looked it up and there are several, however, most are professional sports atheletes that most people won't know. Here are a few that most do know; from Bakersfield High School CA:

Frank Gifford – Pro Football Hall of Fame and Monday Night Football commentator[9]
Merle Haggard – while not an alumnus – he was a student from time to time
Kevin McCarthy – Congressman[11]
Matthew Todd Miller, American citizen held by North Korea[12]
Earl Warren – California Attorney General, three-term Governor of California, Chief Justice of the United States, and chairman of the Warren Commission

Small town girl, so not many famous people. On the folks with famous names but who aren't the "real" famous person, in elementary school, I was taught gym by Richard Simmons and music by Robert E. Lee.

Pres Harrison attended Miami U in the hometown - that's prolly gotta count for something.

Miss Elizabeth, She is deceased but was once married to wrestle Randy Savage. She was a pretty girl in HS. Her marriage to the Macho Man was a big deal in the "rasslin" world.

From my high school, Brent Musberger is the only name that really jumps to mind.

Kyle Gass ... and I believe that tops any list other schools can put together.

Nobody famous from my high school - but my sister taught Speaker of the House Paul Ryan in grade school. When she was asked about him publicly she just said she was proud of all her students, privately she said he as a Eddie Haskell.

MLB- Phil Nevin
MLB- Brett Boone
MLB- Matt Luke
Tennis- Michael Chang
Olympic Swimmer- Janet Evans
Professional Body Builder- Sean Ray

Back