What is the longest drive you have ever hit?

Not really but thanks. After hearing the way the ball sounds coming off The Milk Mans driver I realized I still got some work to do.

It was impressive that's for sure.

Not really but thanks. After hearing the way the ball sounds coming off The Milk Mans driver I realized I still got some work to do.
I think we all do when compared to him

Longest measured since having my watch this year was 310 with several more in the 290 to 300 range.

Hang on, are we talking about with a desert bounce, or on a course where carry matters?

I've got a 329 yard drive that spent a lot of time rolling through some hardpan, and a 313 yard drive in the fairway from an elevated tee box, both per my Game Golf stats.

I don't know exactly but I've had hundreds of drives over 360 yards at elevation and/or downwind. They are not nearly as satisfying as hitting a perfect 255 yard drive or a perfect 4 iron to a tight pin into a stiff wind.

This year has been a good driving year. The longest that has been recorded with the GameGolf was 344yds a couple of rounds ago. Straight away par 5 and it was hard as heck out. I would say it rolled at least 40+ yards. haha

Was actually last Friday at the Dukes Course in St Andrews. Slightly downhill and downwind with large bumps on the fairway. Hole played 365 from the tee to the centre, and my ball was in the bunker just fron right of the green - thinking 350. Had clearly had a lucky bounce and hit a downslope and just rolled all the way into the bunker. I felt like a rockstar, until it took me 2 just to get out of the bunker and 3 putted!

Interested to hear from Freddie, Milk Man, and some of the other long hitters on here. I have driven greens before and I am almost positive they were longer than that 308 but I didn't really keep up with or have a way to confirm it back then.
I don't really know how far my longest really is. If I had to guess something in or around the 400 yard mark. I have hit gap wedge or sand wedge into 500+yard par 5's, gotten home in two on 600 yard par 5's, driven a straight away 370 yard par 4, and driven a 434 dogleg par 4 by cutting the corner. Are some of the big ones that I remember.

248, and I was so happy I about peed my pants.
Topped this drive about a month ago. DCC, Par 4 #16, 390 yards. Caught it on the screws and it flew right down the middle of the fairway. Tagged the flag before we started moving and it read 390. By the time we got to my ball, tagging the flag came back as 121. So 269. Have never hit anything close to that before or since.

315 is my best with an elevated tee box and some wind. Shot some people on the t box with my laser to get the estimate.

415 hole, had 33 yard left.....note no Internet golfer here. It ran a whole bunch on the concrete fairways.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My longest was 400+ earlier this year in Denver. There was a road running along a long par 4 beyond the trees to the left. I pulled the crap out of my drive towards the road. I wasn't sure if I had hit the road or not but I ended up finding my ball in a concrete seam on shoulder about 20 yards from pin high. There were no white stakes so I waited for the traffic to clear and played off the road back toward the green. Pretty crazy happening lol

I may have hit some longer ones when I was younger but I never measured my drives until recently. A few weeks ago I hit a wind & dry fairway-aided drive about 330 yards...a lot of roll I would assume.

Longest is definitely a 350 yard drive with a 3 wood in Kapalua. The wind was heavy at our backs and I hit a line drive that hit at the top of a hill and just rolled and rolled and rolled and rolled. Pure dumb luck. We went up looking for my ball at around 250(no I can't normally hit a 3 wood within 30 yards of this), I caught it great and the wind had it a little, but it wasn't there..we kept walking down the hill expecting to find it and couldn't believe it when we saw it.

Ive absolutely annihilated a few down wind that rolled out to 245 or so lol

257, I know exactly because I GPS'ed it. It was the 1st round with the PX LZ60 in the 815 head. What happened to the swing since then is sad. I was sure I found the Holy Grail of Shafts.....golf made easy......pfffh

300. Then proceeded to get an 8 on a par 4. Pure awesomeness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure the total yardage but on this 649 yard hole I was somewhere around 190 to 210 out. It was a couple of years ago so I don't remember exactly, just that I know I was on in two. Of course the tee being at the top of the mountain help the carry distance

c4806bd3f98e094154ea57687b28ddbf.jpg
That looks like a really fun hole.

When playing internet golf I usually bomb my drives about 315-330 yards depending on the wind direction, in the real world on a real golf course with a real driver I top out at about 245-250 yards with a good swing on the ball.

Just had my longest ever. 362 yards.
7bc4ead3bfdf2cc0ecc60229e8a5d1f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~336 yards onto the green of #4 at the Cowboys Golf Club in Grapevine, Tx with THP members and Danny Le of UST Mamiya present to witness.

The front of the green was a downhill slope so the ball rolled backward off the green before resting just on the fringe. I then chipped it short and two-putted for par. So I gained nothing from hitting it that far.

Enjoyed the thread. But, it has been so long since I could hit a drive any great distance that I don't remember my longest. Years ago, I actually won a few long drive contests. Of course, they were combined distance and accuracy contests. ;)

WooHoo! New longest drive and during league at 6500yds to boot. 248yds confirmed with rangefinder. Had another drive just about the same as well but didn't confirm yardage. Will take some yardage readings next time out to get relative range but it was easily the longest drive on that hole from that tee for me.

Back