What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I love the Q-Stars, but I have been slowly collecting ProV1' and put them in play from time to time. I really love that ball, I think I am gonna buy a few AAAAA cond. ones from LGB and put them in play soon.

I have played the Taylor Made Tour Preferred balls for all of this year and the Lethals before that. Last week, I realized that I needed a sleeve of balls and picked up a set of Pro V1 from the pro shop. I used to play them frequently a few years ago, but abandonded them when I couldn't get more than a few holes before they were shredded. I was pleasantly surprised that they seemed more durable and still felt pretty good off the tee. My biggest gripe was the durability, I was afraid that the more durable they got, the harder they would feel. I was pleasantly surprised that they were better in most areas. The best part for me was they seemed to feel better off my putter which really surprised me.

Saw a first on Saturday. A buddy backed up a Slazenger Raw Distance about 12 feet on a 130 yard PW shot. A little back-to-from downslope on the green but he must have caught it perfectly. The greens aren't particularly fast either.

Picked up a "double dozen" of the 2015 Wilson Staff Zip balls today. Only played 9 holes, but shot a 44, my best nine of the year. I have never broken 90 in a round, so needless to say I am pretty happy with the results. The ball feels great off every club, but especially my irons and putter. As a high handicapper, I can't really explain it, but the ball just felt pure on contact. Great ball for the price, won't be switching to anything else any time soon!

Shot my personal best yesterday with the Orange 50 elite. I have never broken 80. I have a dozen 80 on the nose and thought it would never happen. Got me a 78. Love this ball.

Played the sr3 because they were on sale. Longest ball for me that I have ever played. Not as spinny around the greens as the Pro VIx but for me the SR3 is a all around better ball.

Tried the 50 Elite for the first time and was very impressed with its all-around performance. I'm going to keep playing with them, and, if they keep performing, they'll be the ball that kicks the NXT Tour out of my bag. Which would be great, because the NXT is too expensive for my taste.

Went back to the B330-Rx today. Played 1 ball for all 18 holes (minor miracle); and banged it off of trees and cart paths alike, but the ball held up well enough that I felt I could keep playing it. I'm not sure it's as long as the Pro V1x I played last weekend or even the e7 I played in Savannah (or maybe my swing was a little off).

Went back to the B330-Rx today. Played 1 ball for all 18 holes (minor miracle); and banged it off of trees and cart paths alike, but the ball held up well enough that I felt I could keep playing it. I'm not sure it's as long as the Pro V1x I played last weekend or even the e7 I played in Savannah (or maybe my swing was a little off).
The E7 is a long, long ball. ProV1x is supposed to be the longest tour quality ball available. So you are probably right.

During a 9 hole practice round I played several balls. The surprises were a found Chrome Soft and found Srixon SuperSoft. It may be time to reevaluate my feelings about low compression balls.

During a 9 hole practice round I played several balls. The surprises were a found Chrome Soft and found Srixon SuperSoft. It may be time to reevaluate my feelings about low compression balls.

Still love the duos man. Low compression can be awesome

Chrome Soft. Great ball.
I never thought too much about what ball I played until I played this. It's fantastic.

The Titleist Pro V1x have consistently given me my best scores and results.

Is more reliable than old Yeller

I never thought too much about what ball I played until I played this. It's fantastic.

I always thought I was "too powerful" to play a low compression ball until I talked to Matthias? (terrible with names) at #personaldistance last year. Tried the Duo Spin and loved it but wasnt' getting the spin I wanted. Chrome soft is the perfect blend of the two.

Haven't played much since the KC invitational and not sure how the swing would be today, but I loaded up a couple sleeves of Wilson Duo for today. First time putting these in playin a while. Really enjoyed the performance and feel of these today.

Last two rounds - ProV1x and ProV1.
Really, nothing to add about these balls. They flat out perform. Irons and wedges stop on dimes, I sucked back a number of approach shots. Plenty long off the driver!!

I've been extremely happy (and so has my wallet) with the Snell My Tour Ball in my bag.

Titleist NXT Tour S. Pretty solid all around. One of the best Surlyn balls I have played.

Recently played the TM Burner. Was impressed. Definitely got more distance and compression than the Callaway Chrome+ and didn't seem to lose much spin with wedges and short irons.

Going to experiment with the e6 and e7 tomorrow to see how they compare.

The other day, I decided to put into play the Callaway Chrome Soft(yellow) b/c the 3 other guys were playing white golf balls. Man, this ball is soft off the clubface, but flies pretty damn good. Stops on the green and backs up only a foot for me. Now, all I have to do is get my fade swing down pat, and all will be good.

Callaway SR3 today. Saw they were on sale at golfsmith today so I grabbed a box after not having any success with the E5. All I can say is WOW! wish these were only 30 bucks all year. This ball flat out rocked. Long and straight with a fade off the driver. could work it either way with the irons. My little 60 yard low trap draw stopped on a dime and really impressed the guys waiting on the next tee box. I will be stocking up on these I enjoy them more then the new ProV1x.

Warmer day today, broke out the Pro V1x's instead of the DT Solo, smashed them. Looking forward to summer.

Put the Nike Hyperflight into play for some reason I'm not totally aware of. I normally play a chrome soft.

Somthe Hyperflight feels like a rock when you hit it. It was short(for me) and generally not a ball I enjoyed at all. Feel is a big deal to me and it feeling as hard as it did was really disappointing as I was hopeful because of its price.

Had a friend give me a sleeve of the ProV.

Felt good. Not too spinny. Maybe a little less distance off the tee than the Chrome Soft.

Yeah, I played one today and felt like I lost distance to my semi-regular ball B-stone e6.

Since I've been working on my game I didn't slice or hook any out of bounds like I used to, but noticed they had a significantly lower trajectory...

Back