To drink or not to drink?

Sometimes I'll throw a couple Angry Orchards in the bag in case my round goes bad and i get aggrivated. It usually calms the nerves and allows me to play better if i need it.

I thought drinking and golf went together... If not, i've been doing it wrong this whole time. To answer the question; Yes and often... Typically makes my game better...

Most of the time I'm playing, I will save my drinks for after the round. I've noticed I tend to lose focus quicker when drinking, mostly around the greens. Say I'm 10 over after 9, I'm probably picking up some at the turn though haha. I do play in a few scrambles every year where there are kegs on the course & my team would generally be competing for 2nd flight in those, so I enjoy my fair share.

2 or 3 beers on a vacation or Friday afternoon round. Almost never during a morning round as I get to tired if I start drinking in the A.M.

Sure will. Definitely not all the time though. Bloody Mary or beer for me

booze just gives me even more of a headache when it's so hot and bright out during the long hot summer..........but I'll always find time after for a beer.

I like a bagel, coffee, and bloody mary when I play on weekend mornings. I'll grab a beer or something if I go out after work too.

Usually I'll have a beer at the turn in afternoon rounds. If it's a round with my buddies, I may have a few more than that. Bad influences and all :alien:

Never when I'm alone in the morning. That is usually about speed.

I play on average at 7am so even at the turn it's way too early for a beer. During scramble tournaments I will have some beers and actually have had good success with 2, 3, 4 beers in me.

I do occasionally, especially if it's a scramble. And beer is my choice, typically Corona or something light.

I think drinking acts on the golf game like a bell curve. The first few may actually make you play better by helping you relax. Then it's downhill from there as you lose your coordination.

Only if it doesn't matter, i.e. I'm not really keeping score. I'm allergic to beer so typically I end up drinking the hard stuff. Bourbon is my go-to.

Only if it doesn't matter, i.e. I'm not really keeping score. I'm allergic to beer so typically I end up drinking the hard stuff. Bourbon is my go-to.

I'm allergic to beer too. It makes my waistline swell up.

When I see beer I have this urge to make it go away.

I'm not a drinker, but some of the funniest rounds I've played have been with some guys that have had more than a few.So I say drink up !

I'm not a drinker - a small glass of wine maybe once a week with dinner. A six-pack of beer could last me all Summer. On the course I avoid alcohol, but it doesn't bother me if other imbibe. As with most things in life, moderation is the key.

I play pretty good with a six pack in me, tempo and my mental game improves

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I sometimes do but try not to. I really don't play well when drinking. Not that I don't wouldn't like to.

Paging Chris to answer this one for me haha what good times were had down at Jacks place last year

I play a scramble every year with some friends that involves LOTS of madeira wine and more than a few Bud Lights. But aside from that, I mostly stick to water. I'll have one or two beers on occasion, but I tend to dehydrate pretty quickly and beer just makes that worse.

I usually always have some beers while golfing. Some rounds its 2-3 and some rounds its 7-8, depends on who im playing with and whats at stake. Some times a cool dozen get taken down and when that happens, golf takes a back seat to having a good time. Always have a designated driver tho when the beers flow like that. To me, golf is associated with brews.

Yeah... My liver has been training for this my whole life. I drink when I play, usually.

If I play with my sons yes, anyone else nope! My boys have a strange way way of influencing my alcohol consumption on the course. I think it has something to do with them Living in WI!

During the work week I like to go an hour early and sit on the deck overlooking the 9th green and have a beer to get the work out of my head. When I head out it's 2 poweraides per 9 for me. When it's a fun tournament where I know everyone is drinking I'll slip in 'a' beer and perhaps some jello shooters. If it's a real tournament then sticking to poweraides. After any round bring me beer!

Back