The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a long way up.

3065aa6897b45893193af1b1dafec03c.jpg
d2d9722b96c41b93c7c8fe38fd53dd78.jpg
25b54d3fc26b16c507f3e35120b5304a.jpg

Should probably tell those guys its preason, they can probably move down.

Should probably tell those guys its preason, they can probably move down.
I think the same can be said for Smalls

Is their any talk of replacing Arrowhead? It has to be one of the older stadiums.

Is their any talk of replacing Arrowhead? It has to be one of the older stadiums.
I don't want this too sound too homer, but what Green Bay has done To Lambeau is amazing. it really is a shining example of "making it work"

See here. I asked the same thing of a friend of mine there last year. He sent me this. Pretty interesting.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/how-kansas-city-made-an-old-stadium-work-20140824
Good read, and sounds like an excellent job by the folks in Kansas City, also sounds like a very short sighted move by those in Buffalo
I don't want this too sound too homer, but what Green Bay has done To Lambeau is amazing. it really is a shining example of "making it work"
Is that true? I've always thought going to a game there was like a game at Wrigley or Fenway, very cool and a great environment, but lacking in comforts comparatively speaking. That is not a negative to me, since I could care less about the comforts.

Is that true? I've always thought going to a game there was like a game at Wrigley or Fenway, very cool and a great environment, but lacking in comforts comparatively speaking. That is not a negative to me, since I could care less about the comforts.

The seats are benches. it isn't fancy. But the atrium is beautiful

Good read, and sounds like an excellent job by the folks in Kansas City, also sounds like a very short sighted move by those in Buffalo

You think so blu? Bench seats is making it work? Or, they know they dont have to do anything, because of the state they are in, and lack of options?

You think so blu? Bench seats is making it work? Or, they know they dont have to do anything, because of the state they are in, and lack of options?
For the locals, the bench seats are part of the appeal, old-timey feel, and community feel. It's not luxurious.

There are stadium seats in the upper level. But the main bowl is......quaint

For the locals, the bench seats are part of the appeal, old-timey feel, and community feel. It's not luxurious.

There are stadium seats in the upper level. But the main bowl is......quaint

Hence what I said. There are not a lot of options. You said previously "what GB has done is amazing". Having seen a dozen games or so there, I just dont see that. I see a stadium that the locals enjoy, but truthfully they would enjoy anything. There is very little tech, very little comfort and very little appeal from a pure stadium stand point.

Hence what I said. There are not a lot of options. You said previously "what GB has done is amazing". Having seen a dozen games or so there, I just dont see that. I see a stadium that the locals enjoy, but truthfully they would enjoy anything. There is very little tech, very little comfort and very little appeal from a pure stadium stand point.
I haven't been to a game anywhere else, admittedly. But my "amazing" comment was the Packers' efforts to modernize the stadium, make it a year round attraction, and maintain its "legacy" can be seen as a model for the older stadiums in the league.

Very happy with the way Bortles has looked so far. Seems his offseason work has paid off. We'll see if it sticks when the games are real, but it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative.

Very happy with the way Bortles has looked so far. Seems his offseason work has paid off. We'll see if it sticks when the games are real, but it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative.

I watched a little of the game yesterday and thought he looked good.

RG III sitting the bench in week 1.

Good thing the THP drafts aren't until 9/7. Someone could have wasted a first-round pick.

RG III sitting the bench in week 1.

Good thing the THP drafts aren't until 9/7. Someone could have wasted a first-round pick.
I just saw Cousins was starting lol. RG Knee sucks in all honesty. He doesn't know how to slide, audible or read a defense. I knew he would struggle in this league.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the season. He looks to be the real deal; just hope the receivers stay healthy and we can ride the hot hand RB to decent production. OL is vastly better in protection, but could use some help run blocking.

Michael Robinson is very good in front of the camera.

17 players involved in a scuffle and both head coaches in the Baltimore Redskins game, and two players ejected.

I hope you Browns fans are ready for Johnny Football, no way McCown will last.

He is to old for hits like that.

What's on deck for the next couple years will really make it top notch. Didn't think they could do much more. Proven wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's on deck for the next couple years will really make it top notch. Didn't think they could do much more. Proven wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bench seats. That's what makes it special to the locals. But poverty to outsiders.

I'm putting autocensor to work.

Bench seats. That's what makes it special to the locals. But poverty to outsiders.
Do the locals really like the benches? They really are awful, suck to sit on, and fat people take half your seat.

Granted I'd rather watch a game on terrible benches at Jordan Hare than the comfy seats in the club level of Raymond James, so I get the tradition and atmosphere part of it. But real seats in the non student section at Auburn would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back