2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the press, without seeing your press, I'm not sure if you have seen this video. It's good, probably the best for corrections I have seen.

That video helped me a lot before. Great suggestion.

For the press, without seeing your press, I'm not sure if you have seen this video. It's good, probably the best for corrections I have seen.

Yeah, turns out I've been letting my knees get loose and doing a push press. Got to tighten that up a little.

This has taken the spot as my favorite lift, dips are now second. I watched the video and will have to check out my form tomorrow and make corrections if I have to.

Up and at it early today. As blu said before, "Soviet style" today. Double kettlebell front squats (yuck), pull ups, and single arm rows. Some kettlebell conditioning work and intervals on the bike to finish up.

Up and at it early today. As blu said before, "Soviet style" today. Double kettlebell front squats (yuck), pull ups, and single arm rows. Some kettlebell conditioning work and intervals on the bike to finish up.
Have fun comrade.

Haven't touched weights in 2 weeks, diet is sh!t, gains are lost lol wtf! Trying to get back on track here soon

Haven't touched weights in 2 weeks, diet is sh!t, gains are lost lol wtf! Trying to get back on track here soon
Sounds like an opportune time for a dirty bulk and cut.

Had a solid arm workout today. I can say that going to one muscle group a day is probably the best workout decision I've made. I've basically doubled the workouts I do per muscle group a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great workout today. We started with cardio and then moved to lunges. Then did some upper back work, followed by squats and 180 degree jumps. Finished with stretching and some work on a foam roller.

Lower body hypertrophy day. Had a good workout and my legs are feeling it

My form was looking solid on the press today. I haven't had a rest day in a while I think I will just do an extended cardio session on Sunday and not lift. We will see how that goes Sunday it's usually quiet and I can get to any piece of equipment I want.

I've been dealing with a sinus infection this week. It's killed my sleep and my gym work. But I'm working through it. Felt it tonight on the bench. Only managed 6 reps at 275lb. Should have been 7. Is what it is.

I've been dealing with a sinus infection this week. It's killed my sleep and my gym work. But I'm working through it. Felt it tonight on the bench. Only managed 6 reps at 275lb. Should have been 7. Is what it is.

I wish I was just "managing" to get six reps of 275

Smelling salts will get you half of the way. :alien:
I wish I was just "managing" to get six reps of 275

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Smelling salts will get you half of the way. :alien:

Never underestimate the power of ammonia packets.

My 4 year old is hilarious. He loves going to the gym. But while at home he dropped down and did 4 relatively decent push-ups for 4 years old. Then I said lets do some squats. He told me no, I'll just do more push ups. He's already thinks every day, is an upper body day, lol.

My 4 year old is hilarious. He loves going to the gym. But while at home he dropped down and did 4 relatively decent push-ups for 4 years old. Then I said lets do some squats. He told me no, I'll just do more push ups. He's already thinks every day, is an upper body day, lol.

Guns get the girls dad.

With that attitude he will be a natural for the swim team. :D

All we did was upper body (and then some squats and deadlifts at the end of our workouts).

With that attitude he will be a natural for the swim team. :D

All we did was upper body (and then some squats and deadlifts at the end of our workouts).

He may be a swimmer, he loves the pool! He always makes me go to the middle so he can swim to me. I don't put much stock into what they want as this age. Just keep them active.

I had a awesome workout today. Once I got over the fact I had chest instead of legs, because the racks were taken up. It's honestly days like today I felt unstoppable. And I know it sounds bad but there is something kinda satisfying about someone bigger than you doing less weight.

Bench Press 5-1 (160-180, doing 180 three times on my last set)
Incline dumbbell bench 5-1
Dumbbell chest flys 5-1
Dumbbell bench press 5-1

Increasing my weights through each set and not missing a rep.

I also threw in some light ab workouts between the sets.

My wife asked me for help in teaching her the lifts. Oh boy. I comptiplated the impending divorce and future single life.

But it went really well. My gym has an aluminium 15lb lady's bar. We used that. She took to the squats and bench like a fish to water. I taught her some stuff outside of the normal Starting Strength methodology and I'm OK with it.

Rounded lumbar on the deadlift will be a challenge. But that's OK.

My wife asked me for help in teaching her the lifts. Oh boy. I comptiplated the impending divorce and future single life.

But it went really well. My gym has an aluminium 15lb lady's bar. We used that. She took to the squats and bench like a fish to water. I taught her some stuff outside of the normal Starting Strength methodology and I'm OK with it.

I'm glad it went well for you! My wife does the same thing. Except I and built her a whole workout hitting the areas she wanted to workout. It last a week and she said she didn't like it, it was too hard. So now she will see someone doing at the gym and ask me how/what that is.

I just gave up on it.

Gym time with the wife and all the obvious added figure benefits of the squats......Blu is hitting a home run haha

Oh and you can say "seeeee honey wouldnt this be great at the house!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back