2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

I put the B330S into play today. I'm impressed with the ball.

It feels great off of the clubface, particularly off of the tee. The ball seems to just launch off of woods, and it has a nice, crisp feel with irons. very little lateral movement off of the tee today. The B330S gave me the confidence to take a few aggressive lines with my driver.

I've found that the B330 line tended to lack a little spin on approach shots and around the green. Not a terrible thing, but something that I had to account for when I played with the prior B330 lines. This ball, however, generates a good amount of spin. I was able to stop a lot of approach shots with little rollout on pretty firm greens. And, I was able to generate some spin on pitches and flops around the green.

The ball also held up well, which has been a consistent finding with Bridgestone balls.

This is definitely a ball that I will seek out in the future.

Where did you find the new B330S locally? I am hoping on putting some in play this weekend but heard they aren't releasing the Tour line until March.

can anyone who's played the new rx and new chrome soft compare greenside spin?

New Chrome Soft spun more than new RX for me.
New RXS spun more than new Chrome Soft for me.

All three spin very well.

Ready to get some of these in play but why are the 330s more expensive than the RX? Or is the local golf store just trying to make more profit

Ready to get some of these in play but why are the 330s more expensive than the RX? Or is the local golf store just trying to make more profit

It sounds like it's the store makeup policy. It's the same price where I shop.

awesome, thank you very much.

Yo JB! Which ball was more durable in your experience?

the 330s 330 are a couple bucks more then the 330rx 330rxs this year.
from what I have seen.

I find the Rx and the new Chrome Soft have the same spin for me, but I am a higher launcher with irons than a lot I play with. I find the durability better on the RX by 2-3 rounds. Personally the Chrome Soft was a game changer for me, but the new RX. Wow! My head exploded. How can a ball just do everything?
I still have my same RX from Live Club testing, only changed it out for yellow. (4 rounds) I could see 6-7 rounds from a single ball with these. Only because it's bound to be lost by then.

I have played and loved the Chrome Soft for the last year. Prior to playing the Chrome Soft, I played whatever was Callaway's premium offering. Before that I played the ProV1. One thing I really liked about the ProV1 was that I just played the same product year after year. One thing I didn't like was that every year or two, Callaway would come out with a totally new ball with a bunch of new marketing to go with it. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Callaway fan boy (look at my signature for my bag makeup). So when I bought a dozen of the new 330RX from the PGA Superstore I was skeptical that they could kick the Chrome Soft out of the bag. To be fair, I've not tried the new Chrome Soft yet and when I put the new 330RX against the Chrome Soft it was last year's model. But on the launch monitor I was 4 yards on average longer than the Chrome Soft. Around the greens I found the 330RX to be just as good as the Chrome Soft and I was able to spin both, I hit several shots from deep rough and I was amazed at the spin I could get, so this "slip res" cover is the real deal, it was super spiny, much more than the old 330 RX, which I wasn't a fan of. So after a week of testing, I've decided to put the new Bridgestone ball into play, I really like this ball, and I really like that year after year they have the same model for me to buy, it's not introduced with similar characteristics under a new name - I play the 330RX and that's my ball. I guess it's a brand loyalty thing, maybe I'm crazy, but I'm the type of guy that bought Titleist year after year. I rarely switch, so this was a big deal for me. Finally, I read recently that Bridgestone is the number #1 ball in golf in Japan, I think that's a big deal and says something about their products (if I'm wrong about this, please correct me, it's just something I read online)

I have to mention that I was not happy that the Chrome Soft changed from a 3 to a 4 piece ball and the compression was increased. I'm sure the new ball would still work for me, but when the Chrome Soft came out, it was sold at a price point ($37) that was below the Speed Regime Line ($44, which was an SR1, SR2, and SR3, and designed for various swing speeds). Has anyone noticed that Callaway is no longer making that claim? Throughout 2015 I was told by the manager at my PGA Superstore that the Speed Regime was just sitting while the Chrome Soft flew off the shelf at $37. So now, they have a 4-piece product and the price has been raised to $39 (which Bridgestone is doing as well), while the ProV1 sits @ $47 and no one else is at that price point...so $39 seems to be the new price point where war will be waged by all except for Titleist. To me, the new Chrome Soft looks like a marketing play to increase the number of better players that game the ball. Is the new mantra from Callaway regarding their premium offering: "one ball suits all". If so, I don't believe that's true and I think the 330RX is truly a totally resigned ball that still looks like it did 5 years ago and I think for most slow swing speed guys like myself the 330RX is a better choice.

I have absolutely no problem with Callaway, I think they make the best equipment in golf (and best looking as well). I love my original 2014 Apex irons so much that I recently bought a brand new second set (for just $775) so I'm happy with them, but I think their current ball strategy represents a slight misstep, I think they should have added a chrome soft model for faster swing speeds....just my humble opinion which I understand isn't worth much....

I have played and loved the Chrome Soft for the last year. Prior to playing the Chrome Soft, I played whatever was Callaway's premium offering. Before that I played the ProV1. One thing I really liked about the ProV1 was that I just played the same product year after year. One thing I didn't like was that every year or two, Callaway would come out with a totally new ball with a bunch of new marketing to go with it. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Callaway fan boy (look at my signature for my bag makeup). So when I bought a dozen of the new 330RX from the PGA Superstore I was skeptical that they could kick the Chrome Soft out of the bag. To be fair, I've not tried the new Chrome Soft yet and when I put the new 330RX against the Chrome Soft it was last year's model. But on the launch monitor I was 4 yards on average longer than the Chrome Soft. Around the greens I found the 330RX to be just as good as the Chrome Soft and I was able to spin both, I hit several shots from deep rough and I was amazed at the spin I could get, so this "slip res" cover is the real deal, it was super spiny, much more than the old 330 RX, which I wasn't a fan of. So after a week of testing, I've decided to put the new Bridgestone ball into play, I really like this ball, and I really like that year after year they have the same model for me to buy, it's not introduced with similar characteristics under a new name - I play the 330RX and that's my ball. I guess it's a brand loyalty thing, maybe I'm crazy, but I'm the type of guy that bought Titleist year after year. I rarely switch, so this was a big deal for me. Finally, I read recently that Bridgestone is the number #1 ball in golf in Japan, I think that's a big deal and says something about their products (if I'm wrong about this, please correct me, it's just something I read online)

I have to mention that I was not happy that the Chrome Soft changed from a 3 to a 4 piece ball and the compression was increased. I'm sure the new ball would still work for me, but when the Chrome Soft came out, it was sold at a price point ($37) that was below the Speed Regime Line ($44, which was an SR1, SR2, and SR3, and designed for various swing speeds). Has anyone noticed that Callaway is no longer making that claim? Throughout 2015 I was told by the manager at my PGA Superstore that the Speed Regime was just sitting while the Chrome Soft flew off the shelf at $37. So now, they have a 4-piece product and the price has been raised to $39 (which Bridgestone is doing as well), while the ProV1 sits @ $47 and no one else is at that price point...so $39 seems to be the new price point where war will be waged by all except for Titleist. To me, the new Chrome Soft looks like a marketing play to increase the number of better players that game the ball. Is the new mantra from Callaway regarding their premium offering: "one ball suits all". If so, I don't believe that's true and I think the 330RX is truly a totally resigned ball that still looks like it did 5 years ago and I think for most slow swing speed guys like myself the 330RX is a better choice.

I have absolutely no problem with Callaway, I think they make the best equipment in golf (and best looking as well). I love my original 2014 Apex irons so much that I recently bought a brand new second set (for just $775) so I'm happy with them, but I think their current ball strategy represents a slight misstep, I think they should have added a chrome soft model for faster swing speeds....just my humble opinion which I understand isn't worth much....

This is fantastic feedback! I'll be playing the new Chrome Soft this weekend but my local Golf Mart only has the B330-RXS so I haven't tried the new RX yet. Based on how the 2014 B330-RX has performed for me I think the new B330-RX will be my preference, but for now I'm going to give the new Chrome Softs a go. Thanks again for this post, I found it very useful!

This is fantastic feedback! I'll be playing the new Chrome Soft this weekend but my local Golf Mart only has the B330-RXS so I haven't tried the new RX yet. Based on how the 2014 B330-RX has performed for me I think the new B330-RX will be my preference, but for now I'm going to give the new Chrome Softs a go. Thanks again for this post, I found it very useful!

#BestBallEver will be in your bag, haha

#BestBallEver will be in your bag, haha

I'm almost tempted to get the new B330-RXS but I think the RX will work better for me. My guys at Golf Mart have said they don't know when they're coming in, though!

Yo JB! Which ball was more durable in your experience?

They are both very durable, but I am not sure i have played a premium ball that is as durable as the new Bridgestone. In my limited testing of both anyway.

You should try to get into a THP Event with Callaway Golf (there are 3 of them) and ask them directly.
Two of them are on the west coast this year.

I find the Rx and the new Chrome Soft have the same spin for me, but I am a higher launcher with irons than a lot I play with. I find the durability better on the RX by 2-3 rounds. Personally the Chrome Soft was a game changer for me, but the new RX. Wow! My head exploded. How can a ball just do everything?
I still have my same RX from Live Club testing, only changed it out for yellow. (4 rounds) I could see 6-7 rounds from a single ball with these. Only because it's bound to be lost by then.

when you say chrome soft, are you talking about the new version or original?

when you say chrome soft, are you talking about the new version or original?

New. It spins better than the older chrome soft.

Once winter ends I will be playing the new RXS and new ChromeSoft side by side for sure one will win the battle but I'm sure I'll play both regardless, I know I like the new Chromesoft already but I'm sure the RX and RXS will be just as good to me as the last model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks a bunch! gonna get a dozen of the new rx and cs to duke it out for the season.

I'm super ready for the 330's to drop. Will be picking some up for sure.

I checked Golf Mart again today. Still only 6 boxes of B330-RX. Manager said the B-stone rep has not given any indication when they'll be getting the full shipment either.

:angry:

Where did you find the new B330S locally? I am hoping on putting some in play this weekend but heard they aren't releasing the Tour line until March.

I had a friend bring a few sleeves back from the PGA show.

In ATL, I'd be surprised if PGA Superstore and Golfsmith don't have them yet.

I had a friend bring a few sleeves back from the PGA show.

In ATL, I'd be surprised if PGA Superstore and Golfsmith don't have them yet.

RX and RXS at most major retailers in Sun Belt areas.
330 and S on March 4th

Just got a dozen of the new B330 RX from DSG and will put them in play tomorrow, should be interesting to see how they compare to the new Chrome Soft I tried last week. Was hoping to play at least 9 this afternoon but the rain is on the way.

Still have 6 dozen B330-RX balls from the end of last year when they were on a fabulous sale. Will have to pickup a box of the new balls when down in Myrtle Beach to see what all the fuss is about. I'm sure they are as good as everyone makes them out to be.

Back