DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too far if you have to be home, isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

True. It's not much closer to home than FG anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an e-mail from Traditional golf packages ( RNK, Brickshire, Stonehouse ) 2 nights lodging at Days Inn Williamsburg, 2 rounds unlimited golf at any of the 3 courses, free breakfast and lunch - 179.00 per person. Good through March 31st. A few buddies are thinking about doing it this weekend...may take a little bribing to pull that off lol.

Great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I'll have a work conference in Williamsburg in March, Monday is slated for a travel day as well as Thursday, we have an outing planned on Tuesday afternoon. But I might have time for a preview round at RNK, most likely on Thursday while heading home, if anyone would be interested in available.

Compass Pointe will have 18 open tomorrow. The North/South which is a different combo than normal.

You playing anywhere - or Compass - on Sunday Rob?

So I'll have a work conference in Williamsburg in March, Monday is slated for a travel day as well as Thursday, we have an outing planned on Tuesday afternoon. But I might have time for a preview round at RNK, most likely on Thursday while heading home, if anyone would be interested in available.

I'd be interested. Just depends on the day whether I could make it or not. When you have specifics, let me know.

You playing anywhere - or Compass - on Sunday Rob?
Nope that's SuperSunday, and i'm tuned into all the mindless hype chit chat by the so called experts from 9:00 am until well after the game :D

Guess that pestering didn't help huh?

Nope. Company just got acquired so it's been crazy the last couple of weeks with no end visible. Hoping it dies down a little in a month or so.

Nope. Company just got acquired so it's been crazy the last couple of weeks with no end visible. Hoping it dies down a little in a month or so.

You didn't miss much. Fairways were basically mud and it was a 3 club wind at times. 'Nut pulled 4 iron from 140 and landed short of the green on one hole.

You didn't miss much. Fairways were basically mud and it was a 3 club wind at times. 'Nut pulled 4 iron from 140 and landed short of the green on one hole.

No that was a 5 iron from 130 that was short. The 4 iron made it on the other hole. Lol

No that was a 5 iron from 130 that was short. The 4 iron made it on the other hole. Lol

Yowza. Well any day golfing... I will get out this month. Can't golf all year without playing in February.

Of course the wind dies down AFTER we are done!

What didn't make it was the 3 iron on the par 3. Told you we should have gone five wood.

If we're are fortunate enough the make regional competition, I hope we' re partners at some time as I think we would have a great time!

What didn't make it was the 3 iron on the par 3. Told you we should have gone five wood.

How about driver , 5 wood on the par 4 ... and still missed the green!

Did anyone play forest greens yesterday? If so, what kind of condition is it in?

Did anyone play forest greens yesterday? If so, what kind of condition is it in?

Nobody, and by that I mean Golfinnut and myself. Conditions are: spend your cash elsewhere. Fairways are basically mud, if we hit fairways we would pick up and drop in the rough to get decent grass to hit from.

Nobody, and by that I mean Golfinnut and myself. Conditions are: spend your cash elsewhere. Fairways are basically mud, if we hit fairways we would pick up and drop in the rough to get decent grass to hit from.

Thanks. Anyone have any suggestions as to a course within an hour of DC that has even remotely decent conditions?

Thanks. Anyone have any suggestions as to a course within an hour of DC that has even remotely decent conditions?

You could try Old Hickory. Not many choices still. Is Compass Pointe in the radius? CAA_Beat can give a firsthand report on it.

My bad on missing your earlier mud post - I was reading the last few pages and apparently got lazy at the very end. I'm a shameful skimmer this morning apparently.

My bad on missing your earlier mud post - I was reading the last few pages and apparently got lazy at the very end. I'm a shameful skimmer this morning apparently.

No worries. I played like a nobody yesterday. 'Nut played pretty well, even though he couldn't make birdie putts.

VA Oaks is open as well. $25 for 18 holes.

No worries. I played like a nobody yesterday. 'Nut played pretty well, even though he couldn't make birdie putts.

Yeah but you got a free lesson to work on.

Yeah but you got a free lesson to work on.

I want to IMPROVE my putting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back