Chili and Cinnamon Rolls?

Yes and it's delicious!

There's even a local burger joint that created a bowl of chili with a burger in the middle, using a cinnamon roll as the bun, it's amazing!
1819713-980x.jpg

You lose me with the chips

I think the chili and cinnamon rolls need to be made for this combo. I'm thinking of my favorite chili, and my favorite cinnamon rolls, and I could see having both for a two course meal, but not together. But I could see the combo working with chili and rolls I would not be wild about separately.

No clue why this is a thing. Im all for trying new stuff, but the two togther just doesnt even sound right.

You lose me with the chips

Its actually good. Chips let you eat it all up at the end. Like 3 dishes in 1!

I keep thinking about the first person to try this, or haggis, or raw oysters, or . . . .

In the immortal words of Dr. Phil, "WHAT in the H**L were YOU thinking?"

I grew up in TX and have traveled to a lot of places being in the military and I have never tried this before

I have lived in the Mid West my whole life and never heard of this combination. I my neck of the woods. Chili has always been served with peanut butter sandwiches.

Always lived in Kansas and have heard talk about chili and cinnamon rolls before but always assumed the rolls were just the dessert not that it was a combo meal thing...I love both things but combining them doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as just eating them separately, especially since I'm putting Fritos and maybe a little cheese (and red onions and jalapenos if available) in my chili.

I am originally from Nebraska, but have never heard of the cinnamon roll/chili combo.
I have had many bowls of chili that the maker had put cinnamon in the mix and did add an interesting flavor.
So, I would love to try the cinnamon roll/chili combo.

I have a chili recipe that uses both chocolate and cinnamon (supposedly an award winner from a California chili contest) I'll have to dig it up when I get back from vacation. In thinking it could be a decent combination if you left the icing off the cinnamon roll and served it burger style as posted above.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a chili recipe that uses both chocolate and cinnamon (supposedly an award winner from a California chili contest) I'll have to dig it up when I get back from vacation. In thinking it could be a decent combination if you left the icing off the cinnamon roll and served it burger style as posted above.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I throw cinnamon sticks in my chili about halfway through cooking. Haven’t tried the chocolate yet but want to.

We always had this combo at school growing up, loved it.

I have lived in the Mid West my whole life and never heard of this combination. I my neck of the woods. Chili has always been served with peanut butter sandwiches.

See, and I always thought this was a Granite City thing. We always had peanut butter with chili in school, ostensibly because there wasn't enough protein in chili to satisfy nutrition requirements for a school lunch. My Wife and I (both former Granite Citiots) still have peanut butter whenever we make chili. Most people look at us like we have a third eye when we bring it up.

I've never heard of chili and cinnamon rolls, but it sounds delicious.

Scrolling through for a burger photo today and I stubbled upon this beauty, what I grew up on eating, oh so tasty!!!
DZeqCK1U8AAENun.jpg

That just seems like an awful combination. But I do love cinnamon rolls.

Never heard of it before I moved to the Midwest and thought it was weird. Turns out it’s freaking delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disgusting.

I mean....id try it.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Before today I would have said there is nothing that wouldn't be made better by adding a cinnamon roll. But I do believe Chili would go terrible with it.

Never tried that combo before but I do like cinnamon rolls and love chili so why not! Cincinnati chili is kind of based on cinnamon, dark chocolate type of recipe so I'm thinking that I would like it.

Mom talked me into trying it a few years back, it's delicious!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Are we talking chili with beans, ground beef and a nice spicy sauce paired with warm sweet cinnamon rolls?

No beans in the chili Captain!!!

I think it would be a pretty good combo, however, I do not think I could ruin a cinnamon roll like that. It would have to bring out as a combo for me to enjoy it. The chili better have a good spice to set off that sweetness as well. My mother in law puts sugar in her chili and I find it gross. I do however like bbq sauce in my chili.

Back