Chili and Cinnamon Rolls?

That is how you do it!

Scrolling through for a burger photo today and I stubbled upon this beauty, what I grew up on eating, oh so tasty!!!
DZeqCK1U8AAENun.jpg
I may need to get this for lunch this week!

Always lived in Kansas and have heard talk about chili and cinnamon rolls before but always assumed the rolls were just the dessert not that it was a combo meal thing...I love both things but combining them doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as just eating them separately, especially since I'm putting Fritos and maybe a little cheese (and red onions and jalapenos if available) in my chili.
I grew up in the midwest, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and we traveled all over the midwest and I never heard of this combo. If anybody knows how and where it got started, I'm sure it's an interesting story that we'd all love to hear.

Aw jeez. The things people do when it's cold outside Seriously. Just move somewhere warmer where you can play golf year round and we won't have to hear about these food abominations.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just kidding. I like my cornbread on the sweet side and an uniced cinnamon roll isn't too far past that taste wise... but I won't be trying this at any point in my culinary journey I don't think.:unsure::ROFLMAO:

I know we've talked about this on the forum before - strangely, my wife just showed me a picture of Chili with the question of corn bread or cinnamon rolls - I think it was on the facebook. Makes me laugh, she's from Iowa and that is absolutely how she grew up, just chili and cinnamon rolls (like a heathen!).

I just want to know how someone thought to try this. Were they camping and lost silverware and the only thing to scoop the chili was a cinnamon roll? Were they smoking something or super intoxicated and mistook the cinnamon roll for cornbread?

I actually had chili tonight.

Just had a plain buttered roll with it. Fine by me.

We will be having chili for supper but no cinnamon rolls or other crazy combos happening up in here! :LOL:

I grew up in TX and have traveled to a lot of places being in the military and I have never tried this before
This, I grew up in SW Oklahoma and Lived all over the world, maybe it started after i was an adult, but never heard of it......but i love Krystal
Cheeseburgers and Skyline Chili

Here's an interesting spin on it from a local restaurant:
FULL-LEADED JACKET $14.99
White cheddar chili burger, house-baked cinnamon roll, brown sugar glaze, candied bacon, fried egg, tomato, red and green onion, fresh jalapeño, sour cream, crispy seasoned fries
https://getleaded.com

Gross

Not sure I would do the chili over cinnamon roll but I could see eating a cinnamon roll for dessert after chili? 🤔

Had to mention this; tried a new dish at a friend's house last night, Eggplant Moussaka with ground lamb... Holy!!! It was sooo good. He ground the lamb then cooked it with a cinnamon stick (which is discarded). Very strong cinnamon forward flavor but just tremendous depth overall. Very little other seasonings, garlic, crushed red pepper, oregano, & salt and it was really one of the best things I've had in a while. It was like a lasagna but Greek and more like a souffle but with only one egg. The roasted eggplant takes the place of noodles and was really flavorful and light. Will definitely be making it. Recipe is from foodandwine.com

Back