Chili and Cinnamon Rolls?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Apparently this is a thing in the Midwest. I grew up in Milwaukee and never tried this but I hear it’s a big deal. Has anyone had this combo and enjoyed it? Please share with me and others. It’s fascinating to me and want to try.

Interesting. I've never heard of it, but sounds delicious.

Same as Jdtox I have not heard of this before

From what I know (based on folks I work with) this seems to come primarily from Nebraska and it’s surrounding states.

I haven’t had it either, but I’ll try almost anything once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love them both individually, but am having a tough time imaging them as a combo.

Same as Jdtox I have not heard of this before

Apparently Kansas, Nebraska look forward to this cool weather combo. I’m a fan of both and will be trying. May add to food truck if I can nail the cinnamon rolls

Trust me, so am I.

What is that chain in ohio is it skyline or goldstar that puts cinnamon in their chili? Thats what I am imagining.

I love them separate but nothing makes me want to eat them together

It is a local thing, some have it with chili over the cinnamon roll. Some like to just dip the cinnamon roll in the chilli just for the flavor on the roll. I prefer the latter, the sweet spicy taste.

It is a local thing, some have it with chili over the cinnamon roll. Some like to just dip the cinnamon roll in the chilli just for the flavor on the roll. I prefer the latter, the sweet spicy taste.

Are we talking chili with beans, ground beef and a nice spicy sauce paired with warm sweet cinnamon rolls?

when i read this i thought you were talking about chili peppers or chili powder, so a sweet heat kinda thing. but you mean like chili with ground beef, beans, tomato sauce, etc? holy crap that sounds foul.

Are we talking chili with beans, ground beef and a nice spicy sauce paired with warm sweet cinnamon rolls?

Yes. Hard to explain, just have to try it.
Probably less spicy would be better but that would be a personal preference.

I love chili
I love cinnamon rolls
I think I need to try this combo ASAP.

Yes and it's delicious!

There's even a local burger joint that created a bowl of chili with a burger in the middle, using a cinnamon roll as the bun, it's amazing!
1819713-980x.jpg

Yes and it's delicious!

There's even a local burger joint that created a bowl of chili with a burger in the middle, using a cinnamon roll as the bun, it's amazing!
1819713-980x.jpg

Now I'm hungry!!! Thanks

Is the cinnamon roll iced? That, I think, is where my hangup is. I could see just a cinnamon bread going well with chili. But not with the icing on it.

Me either. I disagree on the delicious sounding part though haha

I mean, I'd try it, but it strikes me as an odd combination. Are they just served together, or is the chili on the cinnamon roll? Do you dunk the cinnamon roll in the chili? Is this like their version of biscuits and gravy?

Is the cinnamon roll iced? That, I think, is where my hangup is. I could see just a cinnamon bread going well with chili. But not with the icing on it.

I couldn't figure out my hang up until your post. You nailed it.

I would totally try this. I usually serve my chili with corn bread and honey so a cinnamon roll is not to far off from that.

That sounds like a disgusting combination.

Apparently Kansas, Nebraska look forward to this cool weather combo. I’m a fan of both and will be trying. May add to food truck if I can nail the cinnamon rolls

I've never heard of it before.

We do, however, have cows walking down Main Street.

Back