Putter loft - have you been fit?

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently went through a putter fitting which indicated with my forward press that I need 7 degrees of loft. The local golf shop was able to adjust my Ping Cadence Anser W to the 7 degrees of loft that I need 2 weeks ago and I've now had 7 rounds in a row with great putting. It's actually been 20+ years since I've putted this well for so many consecutive rounds. How many of you know what your putter loft is? Also, have you been through a full putter fitting? I often think putter fitting is overlooked by the vast majority of golfers. I certainly went without a proper putter fitting for most of my golfing life.

All of my SeeMores are at stock 2.5 degrees. Went through putter fitting with a bunch of THPers at the SeeMore HQ last summer. SeeMore does not advocate the forward press, hence the lower standard lofts on their putters.

I went through a putter fitting with Golf Champion a couple years ago. I want to say my loft is 4*, but can't be sure. I actually forward press a bit now so I'm sure it will change. The fitting was pretty helpful for sure in terms of figuring out what works best for my stroke.

All of my SeeMores are at stock 2.5 degrees. Went through putter fitting with a bunch of THPers at the SeeMore HQ last summer. SeeMore does not advocate the forward press, hence the lower standard lofts on their putters.

The forward press was came about after a putting lesson moved the ball farther back in my stance. The pro is a big believer in adjusting stance and ball position according to your eye dominance. I thought it was worth a shot as nothing else I've done in the last 20 years has seemed to help me make me a better putter. Bottom line is it's working - I'm seeing the line better with the ball moved back in my stance and making more short and long putts. I usually only make a putt over 20 feet once every 5 rounds or so and now I've had 7 consecutive rounds with at least one long putt made. BTW, I've tried a few things: long putter, belly putter, SPI method, left hand low, claw, etc.
This change has made me think that I can finally make real improvement in my putting. Having the proper loft has really helped me hit a lot of lag putts very close. Yesterday I had 9 putts over 25 feet and I sunk one and only left one other outside of 2 feet. Several I hit inside of a foot. This seems to be my new normal. I'm obviously excited about it as my putting has been the weakest part of my game for the last 20 years.

I went through an Edel putter fitting a few years ago where they fit for loft. Pretty cool experience, I'll have to find the fitting sheet to see exactly what loft I was fit for. I believe it was fairly low. They set up a target 15 feet away and asked me to make it go 15 feet. He changed the loft a few times until I was getting a consistent roll with no skidding and was hitting them between 15 and 16ft. I really wanted to have them build me a custom putter, but just couldn't justify the $450 at the time.

Putter fitting?! Newer golfer, this is going on my todo list.

Regularly my ball skids at long lengths (15 or so feet +).

No putter fitting for me. Considered it a few times but haven't gone that route

Its something I want to do. Would love to go to the Bettinardi Studio B to get fit while buying a new putter.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was fitted by Edel ... and my loft is 2 degrees ...

Not fitted by large OEM fitter but local custom fittings have yielded 2.5 deg loft, flat lie angles. Will not buy new putter w/out testing first on my Rife Roll Board.

I have not been fit for my putter and it is one thing I really want to do.

I had the loft and lie adjusted on my SeeMore FGP after a SAM Putt lab fitting at Club Champion. I don't remember the specs though and it was 1.5 years ago and may need adjusting again.

I got fitted twice - once at the Ping fitting center, once by a SeeMore instructor.
Both came back with similar results - 3* loft, 1* flat, 34" length.
I never would have gotten that right if I had not been fit - I always played 35" putters, I would have guessed upright.

I was fitted at club champion and I was fitted at 1* loft based on the SAM lab fitting. Standard is 3* and at that time I was rolling an Odyssey Tour Design Black Series #1W. I've gone back with my current gamer and other putters and there was no need to be at 1*, so I stayed at standard 3*. My stroke has changed for the better.

Wait, so the ball isn't supposed to hop, skip, and skid the first few feet on long putts? :alien:

I really need to get a putter fitting done. I told my girlfriend it would be a good Christmas present.

I have been fit, I keep a pretty neutral shaft when I putt. I go with whatever the putters comes as.

I've done a putter fitting but loft never comes up. Could have been a lousy fitting or maybe it's fine the way it is?

Back