DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wanted to play there, best of luck at the qualifier Doug!

Good luck Doug. Hope you play some good golf.

Best of luck, nice traditional design, I prefer it to Lakewood, DCC or Royal Oaks.

Are they splitting the event over the Blue and Gold or just the Blue course?

Some of the best greens you'll play. Course is always in great shape.

1 - line off the tee is between the 150 and the right edge of fairway. If pin is middle or back, stay below the hole on your 2nd
3 - right edge of fw off the tee will give you a chance to go for it in 2, depending...
4 - best to layup to 150 so that you have a fairly flat lie. Green is shallow and elevated.
5 - Linke is the 200 stake. Depending on tee, wind and ball flight, you might be able to hit driver to the right of the pond. Very risky though. Do not go left on your approach. You want to be on, short or right. Nothing wroing with making bogey and happily go to the next tee.
6 - Depends on tees and wind and driver distance. Usually aim for right edge of fw bunker. 2nd shot is towards the green sprinkler box, laying up between the 100-150.
8 - Hit what gets you to the 150. You don't want to go through the fw
9 - Smart play is to layup short of bunker (about 150 out) in middle of fw. Also, depends you tees.
10 - double fw. tee shot will determine what side you go. Rt side is shorter. Lt side, your 2nd needs to get to the 100 marker, or be on left side of fw, to have a clean approach to green
11 - hit what will end up about 120-130 out
12 - plays at least a 1/2 club longer than yardage
13 - Depends on tees and driver distance. May want to hit fw off tee to ensure a clear 2nd shot. It's a 3 shot par 5 no matter what you do. Shallow green. Probably want to layup to full swing yardage.
15 - Depends on tees, wind, driver distance. Line is left of 150. Might be able to carry the 3 left bunkers. On green, you really want to be on south or sw side of hole
17 - If there is a strong wind in your face, consider the left fw. Plays longer. But, better to be dry and hitting 2 than not carrying the h20. If going over water, safe line is 150 or right-center. Pond comes into play if your line is too agressive
18 - Probably a 3 shot hole. Driver down right side..nothing wrong with right rough. I always aim for the cart parth. If I catch it, it's go time. However, 2nd is almost always a layup anyway and right side is wide open. Approach should be below the hole.

Thanks this will help me out tremendously, I will print this out and put in my yardage book and utilize it tomorrow.
We are playing from the blue tees (6661 yds) so hopefully your write up was from the same tees. I normally can get about 250/260 with driver.
Hopefully I can report another victory Sunday evening.

GOOD LUCK with your tournament as well

Last edited:
Are they splitting the event over the Blue and Gold or just the Blue course?

Just the Blue course.

http://www.txga.org/texas-mid-amateur-qualifying-information.html

A friend of mine gave me the idea of checking USGA and TGA events to see where they, and the qualifiers, are held. It's a good way to get on to courses that can be difficult to access, and at a decent price that is usually less than what the guest fee would be.

The actual qualifier is $90. Yesterday's practice round was $40, which included range, cart and of course, the eucalyptus towels.

Got out this morning with Threeboysdad for 18 on Pecan Valley Hills course this morning. Thanks for heading out with me today buddy. Did not know how it was going to be swinging a club again, but definitely enjoyed it.

Got out this morning with Threeboysdad for 18 on Pecan Valley Hills course this morning. Thanks for heading out with me today buddy. Did not know how it was going to be swinging a club again, but definitely enjoyed it.

Thanks for the call and I enjoyed playing. Took a two hour nap when I got home after walking today. That kicked my butt. At least I had a decent round.

Just the Blue course.

http://www.txga.org/texas-mid-amateur-qualifying-information.html

A friend of mine gave me the idea of checking USGA and TGA events to see where they, and the qualifiers, are held. It's a good way to get on to courses that can be difficult to access, and at a decent price that is usually less than what the guest fee would be.

The actual qualifier is $90. Yesterday's practice round was $40, which included range, cart and of course, the eucalyptus towels.

I'm long on the eucalyptus towels!

Ward and I figured out how to get Baldguy to play great golf Saturday. It was pretty cool to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ward and I figured out how to get Baldguy to play great golf Saturday. It was pretty cool to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes the Sasquatch plays better angry :)

OK all DFW guys, I have an idea and I have check with a couple of others and they like the idea. I was thinking about having a night out on the town with everyone including wives. Although it's not exactly about golf, it really is. This would give all of the wives a chance to meet all the other crazy DFW golfers and SO's. The date is set for October 24th and will not change. I have a few ideas as to what we can do but it will all depend on how many want to join so nothing is set in stone right now, except the date. If you would think this is something you might like to do just PM me so this post does not get buried and does not take up to much space. I will bump it from time to time as I know not everyone gets on here all the time. If anyone outside of DFW wants to tag along your are more than welcome. I will not have any cost until I know about how many want to join. Let me know asap as a couple of things I am thinking about will require advance reservations.

Bump....

Right now I am just thinking we just make it a dinner and in Grapevine since it is centrally located.

PVGA this Saturday on The River. I'm in. Who else is playing?

PVGA this Saturday on The River. I'm in. Who else is playing?

I'll be in New Mexico so missing this one, will be at MB next Saturday for 6-6-6 though.

I'll be in New Mexico so missing this one, will be at MB next Saturday for 6-6-6 though.

My old stomping grounds. Have fun!

Dangit, gonna be in Austin. I'd be curious to hit one with a fitting cart and see what it can do against my D200.

OK all DFW guys, I have an idea and I have check with a couple of others and they like the idea. I was thinking about having a night out on the town with everyone including wives. Although it's not exactly about golf, it really is. This would give all of the wives a chance to meet all the other crazy DFW golfers and SO's. The date is set for October 24th and will not change. I have a few ideas as to what we can do but it will all depend on how many want to join so nothing is set in stone right now, except the date. If you would think this is something you might like to do just PM me so this post does not get buried and does not take up to much space. I will bump it from time to time as I know not everyone gets on here all the time. If anyone outside of DFW wants to tag along your are more than welcome. I will not have any cost until I know about how many want to join. Let me know asap as a couple of things I am thinking about will require advance reservations.

Bump....

Right now I am just thinking we just make it a dinner and in Grapevine since it is centrally located.

Great idea.

Mia Dia is not a bad place to start...

www.midiafromscratch.com/

Although I've not met anyone and haven't played golf with the group ... yet. OMG, not much time to find a SO... SOL

Great idea.

Mia Dia is not a bad place to start...

www.midiafromscratch.com/

Although I've not met anyone and haven't played golf with the group ... yet. OMG, not much time to find a SO... SOL

Thanks for the info and I will look into it. That is one place I have not been in Grapevine. I was thinking about Farinas as it has a good variety and reasonably priced along with, from there you can walk to anywhere one might want to go.

Thanks for the info and I will look into it. That is one place I have not been in Grapevine. I was thinking about Farinas as it has a good variety and reasonably priced along with, from there you can walk to anywhere one might want to go.
Is that a Mexican restaurant?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back