Silverado Resort and surrounding fires

SlightDraw

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 11
Just went to the Safeway Open in Napa this weekend and late last night fires have been spreading across the Napa area. Very high winds have made managing the fires almost impossible.

My friend sent this picture to me and some fear that the entire resort including the course may go up in flames.

I got married here inside their grove just last year. It's heartbreaking.

d372c897e4409e01a676c5dd08ec0e80.jpg
c41c832e3f4633bdbd088b4ee4107a6a.jpg

wow man thats crazy

Wild fires are no joke that's for sure. Crazy that we were watching this course on TV yesterday and by tomorrow it could be gone.

Holy cow, I can't believe it was that close to the tournament. I'm sure there's some carry over with folks still working there today, I really hope everyone has stayed safe.

Holy cow, I can't believe it was that close to the tournament. I'm sure there's some carry over with folks still working there today, I really hope everyone has stayed safe.

They have evacuated the entire area

Oh man, that's way too close for comfort.

That’s just awful and very sad. I hope everyone is ok and they are able to limit the damage. I absolutely adore that course and it’s one of my favorites.

Saw pics of the bay today in the news. You couldn't see the Golden Gate Bridge.

Wow, I had no idea it was closing in on that area like that. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imagine Manhattan, Brooklyn, and half of Queens on fire, that's how big this one is

(or the south half of Calgary for the Canadians)

I’ve got some family in Santa Rosa. They’re outside the evacuation zone but are ready to go in case they are added.

Watched this last night. Hilton lost a hotel, fountain grove is gone a Kmart is gone(in all actuality they have been gone for a few years now). I was considering playing Silverado on my trip but went a different way. Hope nobody lost there house or there business. Then I watched anahiem hills fire in the OC after that. Mother Nature is pissed atm.

I live north of Santa Rosa. We left. Too smoky and my wife needs internet for work. We know people who lost homes. They had to leave 2am with nothing. Our kids school is closed for week. The fires spread so quickly here it is so dry and the winds Sunday night were some kind f the highest I had seen in the 8 year s I have lived here.

Back