Jemell Hill Suspended

"You can do anything in this world if you are prepared to take the consequences." - W. Somerset Maugham

It will be interesting to see who among the cast in this storyline will be willing to take the consequences.

Bringing up Curt Schilling while talking about the Jemele Hill suspension is hilarious.

Just one person's opinion, but I think it is 100% about money. The NFL is powerful. They get something like Billions - with a B - for MNF alone from ESPN. The NFL got ESPN to cancel that TV show they used to have about pro-football.

Hill called for economic actions against ESPN's cash cow. They were obviously okay with her comments when she was inflammatory about the President. This crossed ESPN's economic line.
Of course it's about money.

When Jerry Jones' thought his and the leagues money might be in trouble two weeks ago, wasn't that him taking a knee and "uniting" with his players?

I miss the days when sports were a sacred sanctuary, a place to get away from the day to day BS. I miss Stuart Scott, and Dan Patrick bringing us the highlights of the previous 24 hours, without feeling the need to shove their own political agenda's down our throats. If I want a political opinion, I'll listen to AM Radio, or watch some bias news network. I watch sports for entertainment, not to be told what I should feel or believe.

The only SC Airing I can even stand to watch anymore is the late night w/ SVP.

He made comments about transgender and their use of the wrong bathrooms. This was the straw that broke the camels back after sharing his point of views many times on ESPN
Except his point of view was not shared on ESPN but on his private Twitter, same as Hill. I would say she is also afforded the ability to share her point of view on ESPN, especially on any topics involving race.

I applaud ESPN for the action taken against JH, entirely too late IMHO. I personally do not watch ESPN shows, if there is a game or an event I want to watch I tune in the exact time it starts. SC lost its way a long time ago.

A quick check of the ratings for their SC at 6 are a disaster, (http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/jemele-hill-white-supremacist-trump-espn-1202557572/).

Not sure what ESPN is trying to prove, well to think about it I know exactly what they are trying to prove, extreme progressive politics, good luck.

Bringing up Curt Schilling while talking about the Jemele Hill suspension is hilarious.

Honest question: why? Didn't they both share views on social / political issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife and I were discussing this again. It blows me away how Twitter has basically said ESPN is muffling JH and her right for free speech. Is it not an employers right to dictate the work place, and the employees right to chose to work there or not? Am I missing something? I know tomorrow I cannot tell my patients how I really feel and expect my job to be secure by saying my workplace is violating my first amendment rights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Honest question: why? Didn't they both share views on social / political issues?

The reason why Schilling got fired:

"Schilling, a Hall of Fame contender after a long career during which he won three World Series, was sacked by the “Worldwide Leader in Sports” in April after he posted a meme on Facebook protesting recent laws allowing transgendered people to use whichever bathroom they wish. ESPN claimed Schilling’s post violated a company policy prohibiting analysts from discussing politics."

SC6 is a garbage show. Both of them need to be fired. ESPN has become an increasingly liberal leaning media outlet and they don’t even focus on the sports anymore. I don’t even subject my dogs to listen to it during the day anymore.

Your actions have repercussions and when you act and say things publicly like that you better be prepared to answer for them. She didn’t learn her lesson the last time. Get rid of her and pt someone on the air that’s worth a darn.

The reason why Schilling got fired:

"Schilling, a Hall of Fame contender after a long career during which he won three World Series, was sacked by the “Worldwide Leader in Sports” in April after he posted a meme on Facebook protesting recent laws allowing transgendered people to use whichever bathroom they wish. ESPN claimed Schilling’s post violated a company policy prohibiting analysts from discussing politics."

that was also his third strike, the way I see it Hill is on her second

that was also his third strike, the way I see it Hill is on her second

You are correct. His "first strike" was comparing radical Muslims to Nazis and he was suspended for a month for saying that. His "second strike was what he commented about his workplace. He said “To be in a place where people actually believe I’m a racist or I’m transphobic says to me that something has gone horribly askew somewhere.”

I don't get what the problem is? ESPN has been a political outlet for years now.

Which explains why I had no idea of who Jemele Hill was until today. When I googled her name the first article I found also indicated that she was suspended nearly a decade ago for comparing Boston Celtics fans to Nazis in an ESPN blog.

Which explains why I had no idea of who Jemele Hill was until today. When I googled her name the first article I found also indicated that she was suspended nearly a decade ago for comparing Boston Celtics fans to Nazis in an ESPN blog.

And now you made me google. I'm surprised she has a job.

Back