Windows 10 anyone?

I had a chance to look it over,my overall PC speed is faster on every level. Smooth ,very smooth actually. Easy to find my way around and nothing was lost. It somehow turned off my anti virus but that is an easy fix. I need to format my PC as the hard drive is cluttered with old junk,but 10 will be my OS of choice for sure

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I had forgotten that it did turn off my antivirus program, as you said that was an easy fix. That and the printer drivers were all I have seen so far.

I had forgotten that it did turn off my antivirus program, as you said that was an easy fix. That and the printer drivers were all I have seen so far.
It is pretty seamless. Except for one small problem which I have found now. I go to turn on the PC to find this
67de1a1646eb020f86b3c8783bed7aaf.jpg
. I do what it says and even turn off the PC and retry in a bit to no avail. Hmm....a bug or what

Microsoft generally get there in the end with their OS.
XP was ME without all the bugs, 7 was Vista without the bugs, and now it looks like 10 will be W8 without all the crappy bugs.
I will still be waiting a while though until many more drivers are available, but early feedback looks good.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

I upgraded my desktop yesterday from Windows 7. The upgrade process was smooth and trouble free. When complete I discovered the Settings app would not open. I would click on Settings and see a ghost window open and disappear. Googled the problem and found others with the same problem. Tried several "solutions" but none of them fixed it. Eventually, after multiple searches and reading a lot of links I did find the fix. I had to download a little program and run it to fix the problem, then I had to open Settings and download a Windows update to prevent the problem from re-occurring.

This morning when I booted up, my mouse and keyboard didn't work. It's a little disconcerting for that to happen because you can't do anything... even shutdown without some way to communicate. I eventually plugged keyboard and mouse into different USB ports which did work and after several reboots found a way to get the non-functioning USB ports working again.

All in all I'm glad I upgraded. Everything I do is now functioning normally. Other than the initial glitches everything is fine now. Those types of glitches are typical with any OS upgrade and they weren't excessively difficult to fix. I use Firefox browser and it works normally with no changes to my links and favorites. Firefox kept all my passwords. Nothing to complain about at this point. Operationally everything is about the same. Just a little different look to the start menu and task bar. I did have to dink around with the themes to get a look I preferred. Typical OS upgrade overall.

Downloaded and installed 10 on my HP Pavilion, and it crashed. When it finally booted up, the desktop image kept flashing non stop. Goggled the problem on wife's computer, lots of people with lots of different computer manufacturers having the same problem.

Had no other option but to reinstall Windows 7. I would suggest waiting a few weeks until Microsoft gets the bugs out.

I don't suppose you found a fix?
I just upgraded from 7 pro to 10 pro and my desktop keeps flashing as well. I'm on a custom build based on an AMD chip.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Ok, after I rolled back to win 7 I found this fix.
1. Use control+alt+del to bring up the shutdown/restart button on the lower right of the screen.
2. Click restart while holding down the shift key to enter safe mode.
3. In safe mode under advanced click reboot with network.
4.run Windows update to find/update missing drivers.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Finally got my old netbook updated enough to bring up the Windows 10 app. Hopefully that'll download soon, I'm hoping the responsiveness of 10 will make that machine usable again, even if just for web surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a clean install when Windows 10 came out and have been very happy with everything. Had bought a laptop a few months ago with Windows 8 knowing Windows 10 was on the way. Windows 8 was awful but I got through those 2 months. Clean install made sure nothing from Windows 8 was on my laptop. Runs smooth and haven't had any issues.

I just did the update. I don't know how I feel yet. I am not a fan of change so this will take a while.
I was leery at first,but it actually is easy to use once you see it the first time. Mine runs faster and fixed some problems. Then I discovered the first.....maybe of many bugs and cannot log in anymore.

Microsoft generally get there in the end with their OS.
XP was ME without all the bugs, 7 was Vista without the bugs, and now it looks like 10 will be W8 without all the crappy bugs.
I will still be waiting a while though until many more drivers are available, but early feedback looks good.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

XP was pretty bad when it first came out. 7 is Vista with third party driver support which in Vista's defense was fine once sp1 came out (Obviously there were more changes but the bulk of the issues were third party) and at that point the beta of 7 was out so everyone jumped ship. 8 and 8.1 never liked personally, hated it on my surface. They tried to implement a touch os, which it did well for tablets and hybrids, but for desktops it was not good. Plus it was a pain to find any settings since they buried everything. Bootup times were great though and the kernel improvements were the key selling point to me at least. For 10 they merged 8.1 and 7 and took the best of both. I've been messing around with 10 for months on another computer and I like it. Granted its been out for basically two weeks so the jury is still out but it runs fine on my surface. I like how you can switch between tablet and desktop mode, if they did that for 8, some complaints would have been solved. Still going to wait to put it on my desktop.

I made the jump the other day. Then went back in and turned all the privacy settings off for data and location collection as well as turning off the torrent style updates as referenced here.... http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-turn-off-windows-10-update-delivery-optimization-feature/ (Thanks for that one Sparksjr)

One of the first things I did as well. I like using Cortana with my phone, still not sold on it for my computers.

My boot times and startup are so much faster with 10 vs 7. I haven't done any audio work yet, which will be a big indicator for me, but day to day tasks are much more snappy with 10.

Windows prompted me again for the umpteenth time saying my upgrade to 10 is ready, so I said okay. It's now been sitting here for over an hour with little balls going around in circles saying working on it..." Is that normal? I'm about to abort this.

Windows prompted me again for the umpteenth time saying my upgrade to 10 is ready, so I said okay. It's own been sitting here for over an hour with little balls going around in circles saying working on it..." Is that normal? I'm about to abort this.

My update took about 20 minutes.

My update took about 20 minutes.

Hmmm. My download speed is about 40Mbps. This should have been quick. I'm going to pull the plug.

I downloaded mine yesterday, so far so good. I was a windows 7 homer and really don't like to change but i figured I'd give it a go. Some of the apps are stupid and was annoying removing them but some of the others i like because they all mesh with my phone and xbox.

Hmmm. My download speed is about 40Mbps. This should have been quick. I'm going to pull the plug.

Id let it go for a bit longer. One of my laptops was completely done in about 45 mins, another had to sit overnight. A lot of the background stuff is going to vary based on what OS you're running, how much is on your drive, etc.

Ken, my download speed in 60 Meg and it took almost an hour, I am guessing it will take an hour and a half for you.

I have a Toshiba laptop with 8.1. Have not gotten a notification yet. The windows 10 app says that I have a problem with an Intel driver. Can't run Intel driver update because Toshiba has a proprietary program to control driver updates. "Chicken or the egg" or "Catch 22"?

I have a Toshiba laptop with 8.1. Have not gotten a notification yet. The windows 10 app says that I have a problem with an Intel driver. Can't run Intel driver update because Toshiba has a proprietary program to control driver updates. "Chicken or the egg" or "Catch 22"?
I have a Satellite and got rid of that Toshiba garbage in a hurry. Find a good uninstaller and can that crap. Let Win update do it's job (If I'm understanding your dilemma correctly).

On my daughter's satellite I didn't wait for the W10 notification. I just went to the MS site and started the process. Only issue I had was she doesn't use it enough so I had several MS updates that I had to do first.

I'm not a fan of Windows in general because of it's buggy nature. I get a new work laptop every couple years so I'm sure my next laptop will have Windows 10 but my I only use my work laptop about 10 minutes a month since they issued up iPads a couple years ago. I do 99+% of my work on my iPad or iPhone and all of my personal stuff is done on my Mac or iPhone.

I keep getting prompted to upgrade but I am always incredibly cautious. I am not a big Windows fan in general, but their releases have been questionable for quite some time.

Back