Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Preview Thread

Where did you order from?

My local pro shop at the range, they had a demo day last wed. Placed my order that night and was supposed to be here on the28th, was surprised when my buddy who runs the pro shop let me know it was in

My local pro shop at the range, they had a demo day last wed. Placed my order that night and was supposed to be here on the28th, was surprised when my buddy who runs the pro shop let me know it was in

You have a different driver every week!

Really gonna need to spend some time on the range with the GBB to play around with the APW. Looking forward to seeing how big of an impact it has on my ball flight.

You have a different driver every week!

Last one until maybe the new cobra. It's only been 4 purchases (one was to test a shaft and buying the driver was a cheaper option, also helped someone with their legacy decisions) and one contest win.

I have to say I am proud of myself for having a little self control this week, I have the Driver and 3 wood in the cart but will not pull the trigger until I have a lesson or two at the AA then a proper fitting. I have a LZ Handmade that I hate to part with and want proof there is something better out there for my swing. (besides lessons)

It has been brutal sitting in the house just reading this and the Callaway release stuff all week. But it will be mine....

Got to test this out on the range today against my gamer. Well, not much to really report. I like the sound of the gbb, but my driver swing was so bad today, I couldn't tell where anything was going to go. Rough one.

Big big big fan of this driver. Was seeing really good numbers out of this head tonight. Definitely need to get the right shaft in it though. Put a blue board in it and was seeing very good numbers with a 9* head turned down to 8*. Spin down in low to mid 2,000's and seeing carry up towards 260's-270's. Very intrigued and it's an instant ponder

When did you order in EMART? Ohh I actually read that last wednesday!

Big big big fan of this driver. Was seeing really good numbers out of this head tonight. Definitely need to get the right shaft in it though. Put a blue board in it and was seeing very good numbers with a 9* head turned down to 8*. Spin down in low to mid 2,000's and seeing carry up towards 260's-270's. Very intrigued and it's an instant ponder

What are you thinking for shaft? Rogue, PX?

What are you thinking for shaft? Rogue, PX?

I'd have to try more out. I would want X and the only X there was a speeder 665 which was actually decent for me

Hoping to get some swings with this next week. With my trade in bonus and gift card i could snag one for $120 so if she really is better than the 815 i may just buy it. We'll see

I'd have to try more out. I would want X and the only X there was a speeder 665 which was actually decent for me

That's a good combo. I know a guy on here with that combo...x is to much for me. I liked the 665 but the rogue worked better

That's a good combo. I know a guy on here with that combo...x is to much for me. I liked the 665 but the rogue worked better

I really wanted to try the rouge but they didn't have one there. I tried a couple in S, and the blue board did ok, but dispersion was much better with the X. Might not fight the speeder though, my numbers were pretty sweet haha

I really wanted to try the rouge but they didn't have one there. I tried a couple in S, and the blue board did ok, but dispersion was much better with the X. Might not fight the speeder though, my numbers were pretty sweet haha

I have been a fan of speeder for awhile. This 665 is a beast. I would see what rouge or Px can do for you just to make sure but knowing your swing the speeder isn't a bad option at all

I have been a fan of speeder for awhile. This 665 is a beast. I would see what rouge or Px can do for you just to make sure but knowing your swing the speeder isn't a bad option at all

I think I have a speeder in my hybrid that performs pretty well for me as well.

But the head itself is fantastic. I'm typically a high spin player, but I was getting some pretty low spin shots with it, so it's not a high spin head at all.

Also...I hit some draws with it. And if anyone has watched me play, you know that's a miracle haha

I think I have a speeder in my hybrid that performs pretty well for me as well.

But the head itself is fantastic. I'm typically a high spin player, but I was getting some pretty low spin shots with it, so it's not a high spin head at all.

Also...I hit some draws with it. And if anyone has watched me play, you know that's a miracle haha

Nice. I love the adjustability with the apw. I was hitting some baby draw with the track slide all the way to fade and didn't hit one hook or pull

Got to try the GBB in Golfsmith for a few minutes this evening. Love the look of it, and hit a few decent shots with it. The tee in the sim was way higher than I like to tee the ball, but the sidespin numbers seemed to be nice and low. Tried it with the Kuro Kage and the Speeder Evolution, like the Speeder a bit better, but I would probably go with something different if (ok when) I eventually get one.

Capital LOVED the GBB 3-wood though with the Kuro Kage in it. I was getting very similar numbers to the driver even hitting the FW off the deck. That club is a monster compared to my '14 BB FW.

Got to try the GBB in Golfsmith for a few minutes this evening. Love the look of it, and hit a few decent shots with it. The tee in the sim was way higher than I like to tee the ball, but the sidespin numbers seemed to be nice and low. Tried it with the Kuro Kage and the Speeder Evolution, like the Speeder a bit better, but I would probably go with something different if (ok when) I eventually get one.

Capital LOVED the GBB 3-wood though with the Kuro Kage in it. I was getting very similar numbers to the driver even hitting the FW off the deck. That club is a monster compared to my '14 BB FW.

Nice! How was ball speed vs Bertha?

Nice! How was ball speed vs Bertha?

I didn't have my Bertha with me, so I'm not really sure. I know the driver distances were about right for what I typically see, but the FW was going further than I see (getting almost the same clubhead speed with both Driver and FW). Kids were yammering back behind me so I didn't get to study things too hard. :act-up:

I'm most likely going to stop by Edwin watts tomorrow. Hope they have this to swing

This goes in the bag tomorrow! Bomb and gouge is a distinct possibility for a while. But I'll have my other weapon too....2deep

Speeder 665

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speeder 665

It really does pair well with this head. I want to try some others, but that combo will be hard to beat.

Speeder 665

Same shaft for me. Hit the KK, Rogue, and a few others, but this combo was legit. Just got ship confirmation tonight. Mine will be here Wednesday.

Back