Club Cleaning - Does Your Course Clean Them After The 18th

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When you finish playing the 18th hole, does your home course have someone there to clean your clubs? Are they standing off the green or back where carts are returned (if riding) or near club house (if walking)?

Nope. None of the courses I play have this service.

We play at the Lake of the Ozarks a lot and most will do it at those courses. Usually at the cart return or in the parking lot when unloading. I am not a fan because they use sopping wet towels that are dirty 90% of the time and the clubs are still wet when they are done.

There are a couple around here who do, but definitely not my home courses....mainly private clubs

That service is not offered at my course.

My course does but it's inconsistent mainly because most people decline the service because they don't want to tip the guy a few bucks.

Since I'm a walker I really like it when it's done on the 18th. That way I can put my bag down, putt and come back with clean clubs - no need to go to cart return to get the service.

Nope, none of the courses I play around here do.

Yes at the cart return. If your walking you have to go to the cart return area. Also, there is no tipping or cash transactions of any kind at my club. Once each year we are allowed to tip, it is charged to our account and divided to all the hourly employees based on their hours worked. It works out to be a Christmas bonus of sorts for the employees.

My course doesn't offer the service - wish they did though.

I'm a member of a private club and they do not offer this service. It doesn't really bother me though. I use the club washing bins/buckets at the range or wash them at home every now and then.

Lord, no!!! I play public, I would think this would only happen at resort/destination courses, or at CCs.

The private courses do. Most public courses i play dont

A few courses around here do. I don't see the point--I bought hunks of metal to bash into the ground and hopefully hit a ball a long way with. Why clean them when they're just going to get dirty again?

A few that I play do and besides one its done by the cart guys. I usually decline because the towel they use is nasty and leaves the clubs nasty.

Not many courses around here will clean your clubs. Only the private clubs. I guess us Ohioan's are different.... Hasn't that been implied before on this forum somewhere??? :banghead:

There are some courses I play that do that and usually where the carts are returned. It doesn't bother me if they don't and sometimes the ones that do I won't use if I'm in a hurry to get out of there

No my home course doesn't offer this service after we play. I don't use it anyways as my clubs are typically squeaky clean.

Nope, my club does not offer these services. I am ok with that as I like to do this myself anyways

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My club does, although I usually bring my clubs to my car before they get a chance to.

Mine offers it, as I come in to the cart staging area, most people take advantage of it but rarely do as I clean my sticks after every shot.

Out of the 5 or so I play around here multiple times I think maybe 1 does (all 5 public)

I don't have a home course but the courses I play 90% of the time don't have this.

Only one I play somewhat consistently that does is Cowboys.

I have had many a young kid offer to clean my clubs upon returning the cart. I usually decline because I don't really care if they are clean or not. I usually clean each club right before I hit it anyways.

No courses near me offer this service, and when I'm on holidays at a course that does I don't let those cart guys anywhere near my clubs. I've had some guy with a sandy/dirty cloth get too close to my irons and putter more than once.

Back