deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Tampa in a couple of weeks for a meeting. I may possibly have either a Mon/Tues available to get in a round. I'm staying downtown, near the convention center, so would like a course that is relatively easy to get to. Any recommendations?

You could be at westchase in about 30, the Eagles in 40. Both are in good shape right now?

Convention Center. Temple Terrace is a hidden gem, best greens in Tampa Bay, tips play at 6400, water on only 1 hole, but protected with tree lines on eachside of the fairway. Bloomingdale is a quick ride from the express way, people say it's vastly improving but that's just word of mouth, haven't played it in a long while.

You could be at westchase in about 30, the Eagles in 40. Both are in good shape right now?

Played Eagles today. great shape for the lakes course and it was a fun track.

Played Eagles today. great shape for the lakes course and it was a fun track.
Played Eagles Forest yesterday. Great shape as well. A few greens a little slow/bumpy but overall it was good.

I'm going to be in Tampa in a couple of weeks for a meeting. I may possibly have either a Mon/Tues available to get in a round. I'm staying downtown, near the convention center, so would like a course that is relatively easy to get to. Any recommendations?

There really is a lack of decent public courses close to downtown. The Closest course that I like at all is Babe Zaharias, I haven't played it in a while to know what kind of shape it is in, but it usually passable and pretty enjoyable for a cheap price. It's probably 15 minutes away.

Bloomingdale, Northdale and Westchase will all be around 30 minutes away. Bloomingdale is my choice of the three, good, fun tough track that is in ok shape. I played it recently and the greens were rolling really well. The grass was in good shape but they have a major issue with some invasive grass, especially in rough and on the tee boxes. Northdale is an ok layout, it was really rough the last time I played it and I've been told it still is. Westchase is not a personal favorite, but they usually keep it in good shape, although it seems to be wet often. The Eagles is probably 10 minutes farther but is a good choice. At 40- an hour you have a bunch of options at that point.

Back