Premium colored golf balls

sposey013168

Reaction score
Handicap
So being the weird dude that I am I love the matte neon golf balls. I also play a urethane cover.
So far I have tried the Volvik S3 orange and the vice pro soft red.
I love the in air visibility of the volvik but it is a tad to high compression for me to get best results.
I love the vice pro soft, for me it performs right with snell MTB , pro v1 etc for me. My only concern is sometimes they can be hard to find. I did order 5 dozen this time though.
What is everyone's else's thoughts on urethane covered bright colored balls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So being the weird dude that I am I love the matte neon golf balls. I also play a urethane cover.
So far I have tried the Volvik S3 orange and the vice pro soft red.
I love the in air visibility of the volvik but it is a tad to high compression for me to get best results.
I love the vice pro soft, for me it performs right with snell MTB , pro v1 etc for me. My only concern is sometimes they can be hard to find. I did order 5 dozen this time though.
What is everyone's else's thoughts on urethane covered bright colored balls?

I wish they were more readily available. I loves the neon yellow truvis, and the orange e6. Bring on the colors!

I asked Frank (DuoMan) about this at Staff Proto.

The issue is with a matte Urethane ball is you have to mix the paint with the urethane, whereas surlyn or ionemer balls it can be painted on so its more complex.

That are testing a matte FG Tour Ball for next year. I imagine they will be coming if the trend continues with the Wilson release.

I’m all for it. I like playing brightly colored balls as you typically don’t need to mark them. Also I find I can track them a bit better than standard white balls.

Colored urethane balls are very tricky apparently. Has to be mixed together with the material instead of just painted/Coated. I don’t know the complete science on it.

Not urethane, but the new duosoft optix are a freaking great ball. Might want to try them out

I like yellow but not am not so big on the other colors personally. But it does appear there's a market here and it will be cool to see someone meet the need.

Colored urethane balls are very tricky apparently. Has to be mixed together with the material instead of just painted/Coated. I don’t know the complete science on it.

Not urethane, but the new duosoft optix are a freaking great ball. Might want to try them out

Those wilsons do look good but I a urethane cover guy.
I have been very impressed with vice pro soft red, great distance and great spin control.

The issue is with a matte Urethane ball is you have to mix the paint with the urethane, whereas surlyn or ionemer balls it can be painted on so its more complex.

That are testing a matte FG Tour Ball for next year. I imagine they will be coming if the trend continues with the Wilson release.

FG tour ball has always been a great ball, very under appreciated in my book. If they make this happen I can see some being shipped to hillbillyville.

I got me some vice pro soft balls green and white, i get a sleeve in my indoor range and it felt really darn good, glad to see you like them

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I would play the heck out of a matte (colored) FG Tour. Loved those balls.

This year I have played the Volvik S-4 in a three colors they offer, White, Green and Pink. The color certainly makes it easy to find on the fairway.
It's one of the better balls I played this year.

Those wilsons do look good but I a urethane cover guy.
I have been very impressed with vice pro soft red, great distance and great spin control.

Have you not tried the Volvik S4? Great ball and the colors are wonderful.

I've been playing the Chrome Soft yellow for 2 years now and the Srixon yellow the year before. I do love the yellow balls.
I find them easier to find.

Have you not tried the Volvik S4? Great ball and the colors are wonderful.

I could not find the S4 in orange. Is it softer than the S3? I thought it was high compression? You know I am an old midget and can't compress the ball like the alpha male you are

I could not find the S4 in orange. Is it softer than the S3? I thought it was high compression? You know I am an old midget and can't compress the ball like the alpha male you are

Yea, no orange, just pink and green but they are a matte so not as bright as the others. It is the Bubba ball so yea, more compression w/ these but you might want to try em out anyways and compare to the others you are playing, never know.

I would absolutely play a matte colored premium ball, in fact I would prefer it. I wish the models I play came in neon green, blue or pink.

Yea, no orange, just pink and green but they are a matte so not as bright as the others. It is the Bubba ball so yea, more compression w/ these but you might want to try em out anyways and compare to the others you are playing, never know.

Good Point about the compression and trying it, I'm under a 100 swing speed and I had my longest drive of the year with the S-4.

Dean Snell also recently discussed the issues with colored urethane balls on the most recent THP podcast. Hearing that, now I know why Srixon has been reluctant to commit to a yellow QST.

I haven't tried any of the colored or matte balls yet but some of them look intriguing. Volvik has been on my list and now the new Duo looks great.

I played a few over the years, but never really found something I liked. Haven't tried many though. Not apposed to trying something different.

Shane, try the Duo Optix, I think you’d like it.

Back