Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the current nexus bag with the cart issue. And to be honest I don't walk enough to for me to see the issue with a push cart. I DO see the issue when riding but only once! Meaning, once I Strap the bag to the cart, even with the base not fitting well, it's the last thing that I think about during a round. I see where it can be an issue for folks who want it to sit perfect you in a cart, but for me, once it's strapped down I don't even worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had an issue but today I wanted to put this to the test and I take my above comments back!! The nexus base of last years model did not allow it to sit nicely, which I already knew before purchasing this bag and hearing all the reviews, but I played a quick round today and so was going through some "bumps" on the course and every time I stopped I had to re-adjust the bag. This truly wasn't an issue for me until today

The normal Grandaddy ponder continues. But added to that ponder is:

Scotty Cameron
Bushnell Tour X
Noise Cancelling Headphones for the flight to San Diego and back
spikeless golf shoes

Any particular Scottys? I have a GoLo S and GoLo Mid S that I could send your way to try out.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Local Dicks has one Callaway HL5 Arnold Palmer 50th special edition bag remaining. It's on Clearance and with taxes comes out to about $120. That's going to be tough to ponder over the weekend

Oh and I rolled the new tank cruiser V-Line... Oh my! ?

I really need new wedges. I have lost my game completely from 125 and in, which is GW and down for me. I have no confidence anymore, so I think that starting with a new set of Wedges and practice will be good for me. I just can't decide what I want.

I've put J15s, MD2 Tours, MD3s with one PM grind, TM wedges and numerous others in the cart, but can't make up my mind and pull the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Rtx 2.0s as good as it gets bullitt

Rtx 2.0s as good as it gets bullitt

Agreed. Havent played Clevelands in ages and since I got the ones last week at Up & Down I have been loving the versatility.

If I sell my 816 Double Black Diamond, my GBB 3 Wood and my XR Pros I might just have enough to cover a new set of Apex.

Same as they have been for a while. Should get to finally hit them soon however. GBB and Apex hybrids.

2016 ponders.
GBB driver
Some kind of 3W
A hybo no clue what
Good with irons
Doubt anything knocks out the cle wedges.
Good on putter

If I sell my 816 Double Black Diamond, my GBB 3 Wood and my XR Pros I might just have enough to cover a new set of Apex.

I think you'd be pretty close unless you went graphite?

After today, pondering some GI distance irons for the beginning and end to the season when it's a bit chilly.

M1 - unsure on loft, 10.5* or 12*
R15 12*

I haven't pondered this much Taylormade in eons.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

M1 >>>> R15
My first instinct is you are correct, but after hitting ArmyGolf's new R15 today I'm not so sure. It felt really good.

I'm hoping to get on a monitor with both at some point.

My first instinct is you are correct, but after hitting ArmyGolf's new R15 today I'm not so sure. It felt really good.

I'm hoping to get on a monitor with both at some point.

For me they are so close to similar its crazy. Based on construction that we learned while out in CA, it makes more sense too. Like the look of the M1 more personally, but performance is near identical for me.

For me they are so close to similar its crazy. Based on construction that we learned while out in CA, it makes more sense too. Like the look of the M1 more personally, but performance is near identical for me.
I haven't had a chance to compare them head to head yet, but this is certainly interesting to hear. Definitely friendlier to my wallet.

For the record, I agree that that M1 looks awesome.

GBB + Tour Green is on the brain right now. Such a killer combo

I think that's a positive thing considering how much I personally enjoyed the R15, but I wonder how beneficial that is for the mid to high caps, or those pursuing more spin.

I haven't had a chance to compare them head to head yet, but this is certainly interesting to hear. Definitely friendlier to my wallet.

For the record, I agree that that M1 looks awesome.

From a pure numbers spectrum the MOI and CG are almost identical to the R15 from what we saw. Of course there is a feel difference but it's not a technological leap over the R15.

I think that's a positive thing considering how much I personally enjoyed the R15, but I wonder how beneficial that is for the mid to high caps, or those pursuing more spin.

For many it will definitely be a positive thing. For others not so much, but that is what is great about equipment, choices...And companies putting stuff out there for everybody if they are willing to look, learn and test.

I hit the M1 against the R15 recently and try are nothing alike to me. The R15 feels like a more forgiving SLDR while the M1 is completely different.

M1 >>>> R15
I hit the M1 vs GBB vs my G30. The numbers were, LITERALLY, identical between my G30 and the M1. Same carry, same spin, same overall. That was SO weird to see!!!

From a pure numbers spectrum the MOI and CG are almost identical to the R15 from what we saw. Of course there is a feel difference but it's not a technological leap over the R15.
Thanks for the info. It seems to me like the R15 design wise is the M1, sans carbon crown and back track, so it makes sense.

Hopefully I can spend a little more time with R15 and see if I see the same similarity.

Thanks for the info. It seems to me like the R15 design wise is the M1, sans carbon crown and back track, so it makes sense.

Hopefully I can spend a little more time with R15 and see if I see the same similarity.

Removing weight from the crown and repositioning low can be a tremendous thing in the right piece of equipment. I think in time they will be able to save more weight and get it low. In my opinion if people like the SLDR and R15, they are going to love the M1.

Doing some research, the M1 and r15 are compared head to head and it's interesting to see the results favor the M1 by a large margin. From someone who actually gamed a SLDR for a long time, I saw a huge jump as well.

I think both are terrific options though. I have two drivers now I'm happy with, do the m1 will have to wait to get in my bag,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back