Wilson DUO Soft Spin Golf Balls

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I know the DUO is getting a lot of attention with the inclusion of Optix, but another ball we got to test and is being announced is the Wilson DUO Soft Spin

$26.99/Dozen

From Wilson:

The World's Softest Multi-Piece Surlyn Ball

Playability and soft feel are critical to a crossover player. The new Duo Soft Spin has that great Duo soft feel but now with even more spin on higher lofted clubs and wedges to give players that added greenside control that better players are accustomed to.

PRODUCT FEATURES
SOFTEST: At 40, DUO Soft Spin has the lowest compression, best feel of all competitive premium 3-piece surlyn golf balls
LONGEST: Longest distance performance of all competitive premium 3-piece surlyn balls**
STRAIGHTEST: The lowest Driver spin rate of all competitive premium 3-piece surlyn balls for straightest flight off the tee
MORE GREENSIDE SPIN: 15-20% higher spin rate than DUO Soft for greater greenside control

I am sure myself and the other Staff Proto players can chime in on its feel and performance. I will add my in-hand photos later.

A mixed bag of all the balls
09d1be631f7bd8352629ee8ff290d959.jpg
ad7e1214b0b75ebe8c403856b1066bcf.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry the two upfront are last year‘s or the previous generation of duo spin that rambler gave me to kind of compare.

Sorry the two upfront are last year‘s or the previous generation of duo spin that rambler gave me to kind of compare.

Gotcha.

Actually heading to the course now to just chip in putt a little bit to get a little more acquainted with these balls.

A mixed bag of all the balls
09d1be631f7bd8352629ee8ff290d959.jpg
ad7e1214b0b75ebe8c403856b1066bcf.png

So on the top photo on the right is Duo Soft in a "Normal" golf ball sheen.
Is Wilson coming out with a new Duo Soft in a Standard Finish and Optix?

Yes. There is a normal white ball AND the Optix options.

Yes, multiple matte color finishes, and a normal white finish for the Duo Soft. Duo Soft Spin will be normal white finish only.

EDIT: Fupresti beat me to it.

DUO Soft Spin was my favorite of all the balls we received at Staff Proto. Compared very favorable to the e6 and B330 RX I have been playing for the last year or so (especially the e6).

Yes, multiple matte color finishes, and a normal white finish for the Duo Soft. Duo Soft Spin will be normal white finish only.
Did they say why they didn't offer the Duo Soft Spin in color options?

Did they say why they didn't offer the Duo Soft Spin in color options?

I believe it had to do with what the market was asking for. I would not be surprised to see it in future models should these do as well as expected.

Played the DUO SSP a bit this weekend. Really like it. I need to cycle my Duo Spin stash, so I can move the new DUO SSP in.

Really wish these were coming in the colored matte finish! Really looking forward to trying these.

I play the Wilson Duo Soft on and off and am pretty excited about the new color options. Kind of bummed that the Spin is not coming in color options.

Back