How good is this club?

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
On my way to the local course this morning I spotted this golf driver sticking out of a garbage can (picture below) The shaft on this club says: Big Bertha System 60 Firm, Tuned Performance and also says; Big Bertha Hawkeye VFT. On the bottom of the club it says; Callaway Golf X 460, High Trajectory.
I used the club during my round today, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. I got off some nice drives with it today.
What year did Callaway make these and secondly how good were they rated?

DLy6NOOWAAAJI-g.jpg:large

On my way to the local course this morning I spotted this golf driver sticking out of a garbage can (picture below) The shaft on this club says: Big Bertha System 60 Firm, Tuned Performance and also says; Big Bertha Hawkeye VFT. On the bottom of the club it says; Callaway Golf X 460, High Trajectory.
I used the club during my round today, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. I got off some nice drives with it today.
What year did Callaway make these and secondly how good were they rated?

DLy6NOOWAAAJI-g.jpg:large

Did you get a pic of it sticking out of the garbage can?

I believe that driver was released around 2006 because I remember it on the shelves when I worked retail back then.

If you hit it well, thats all that matters. Massive "win" on the find in that case!

Yeah I would have loved to get a find like that. I remember the fairway wood of that line was really hot. Sold quite a few of them.

BTW, how much better is the headcover game nowadays?

Yeah I would have loved to get a find like that. I remember the fairway wood of that line was really hot. Sold quite a few of them.
I had a matching fairway and hybrid when I lived in NJ, so I think you’re timeline is spot on.

And considering my current level of play, I wish my I still had both.

I had the X 3 wood.
That thing was a rocket in it's day.

I had a matching fairway and hybrid when I lived in NJ, so I think you’re timeline is spot on.

And considering my current level of play, I wish my I still had both.

time to go shopping and we can hook you up. I did see a crazy bombtech deal today and thought of you haha

That really wasn't his point/Q though, price doesn't matter if he hits it well and enjoys it.

I know. I just found it funny that the value guide priced it at $12.

That's a heck of a find! Here's a good one - I'm a musician, and I actually found my personal clarinet sticking bell up out of a dumpster. After some very minimal repairs I played that thing for years with some pretty significant 'real' musicians. I've never heard of anyone finding a decent golf club in one though!

Did you get a pic of it sticking out of the garbage can?

No, I probably should of though. Hard to believe someone would throw it away. Must have belonged to the husband and he either died and the wife didn't want it or she chased him out of the house with it and then threw it in the garbage

May want to make sure there are no unsolved crimes in your hood where this could be the weapon.

correct, headcovers today have gotten so much better in terms of looks.

I told you I was pretty sharp, I can read deans mind that has to worth something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you ask the pro shop if anyone came in / called in looking for it? i've never done it but around here i've seen more than a fair share of lost clubs in/near the garbage cans so the maintenance crew can find them (and avoid running them over with the mowers). i just put them in my bag and turn them in when i'm done. no idea how you loose a fairway wood like that (maybe take two clubs to the tee and forget the other one when you're done?) but my money would be on it being lost rather than a throw-away.

did you ask the pro shop if anyone came in / called in looking for it? i've never done it but around here i've seen more than a fair share of lost clubs in/near the garbage cans so the maintenance crew can find them (and avoid running them over with the mowers). i just put them in my bag and turn them in when i'm done. no idea how you loose a fairway wood like that (maybe take two clubs to the tee and forget the other one when you're done?) but my money would be on it being lost rather than a throw-away.

I showed it to the pro at the golf course. He looked it over and said, it looks like a really nice find. If I would have found it at the course, I would have turned it in to the pro shop, but since I found it in a garbage can on my drive to the golf course, I didn't see any reason to turn it in there. After all someone threw it out with their trash.

I know. I just found it funny that the value guide priced it at $12.
I’m not sure that’s much different from drivers released 2 to 3 years ago, is it?

I just looked up my custom Tour Edge XGC6 and it’s $24.30

I’d be embarrassed to post what I paid for that with an upgraded shaft. (Not really, $599).

I’m not sure that’s much different from drivers released 2 to 3 years ago, is it?

I just looked up my custom Tour Edge XGC6 and it’s $24.30

I’d be embarrassed to post what I paid for that with an upgraded shaft. (Not really, $599).

That’s why I think it’s funny. We pay hundreds of dollars for club and they are essentially worthless just a few years down the road. Of course I don’t ever look at a club as an investment and why I don’t let myself get mad at feeling like I am wasting money by buying new club. The trade-in/retail market is just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back