Bettinardi "Antidote" Putters

I am not gonna throw stones, considering I use to game this.

odyssey_triball_address.jpg

Hahaha, I hear you as I've gamed some ugly ones as well (hello Nike Method Drone). Just surprised coming from Betti as the terms usually used to describe his offerings are "beautiful" or "sexy".

Hahaha, I hear you as I've gamed some ugly ones as well (hello Nike Method Drone). Just surprised coming from Betti as the terms usually used to describe his offerings are "beautiful" or "sexy".
Betti has always had a few super ugly putters in the lineup. This takes it to a new level but doesn't surprise me from them.

Betti has always had a few super ugly putters in the lineup. This takes it to a new level but doesn't surprise me from them.

I think I've seen most of the offerings and I don't recall calling them ugly (perhaps I have a flare for abnormal...I do think Altitudes are sexy) but that #2 AKA "Coaster on a Stick" is something else. :act-up:

Wow, 2 and 3 are effing hideous. I could manage with the other two but those middle ones are terrible.

Okay Ron....you win. :alien:

Lol it is shocking to me some of the putter they put out when they also put out some pieces I would consider art rather than a club.

Concur....didn't remember or hadn't seen a few of those. I guess the approach of making something that somehow appeals to most (if not all) is in effect. Unless it just REALLY works and this had to the design.

At least he kept the hexagon shape in mind. LOL

Concur....didn't remember or hadn't seen a few of those. I guess the approach of making something that somehow appeals to most (if not all) is in effect. Unless it just REALLY works and this had to the design.

At least he kept the hexagon shape in mind. LOL
I have been told and I quote "these are really ugly but they flat out work". I won't say who said that but I trust them. That said even if they work they are just to ugly for me

The model 2 looks like a door on a starship far far away. But I would love to try it.
I don't care if it looks like an old shoe tied to a broom stick. If it works...I will game it.

Hard pass on these.

JM

I like Betti’s but pass on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really trying to figure out how #3 is being lumped in the same category of hideous as #2 based on some of these posts. I mean, I get not wanting to see the weights on #3, but how is the putter in general ugly?

Really trying to figure out how #3 is being lumped in the same category of hideous as #2 based on some of these posts. I mean, I get not wanting to see the weights on #3, but how is the putter in general ugly?
I don't mind the 3 at all, I think its fun.

3 looks normal to me.

It should have been a Taylormade release from 2011. The hex weight would have matched the weight in the TP line of irons.

Uhhh - does Bettinardi not look for feedback? That Model 2 is just out of control. Whyyyyyyyyy?

The Model 1 and 3 are more tolerable but nothing I'd expect from him. Make it more appealing going with a silver head and black weights? I don't know, it still doesn't catch the eye and scream high end.

Definitely not interested in these choices.

1 & 3 are ok but 2 is just plain ugly.

Looks like Bettinardi wasn't content to let Scotty own the top mounted weights.

antidote-model-2-ctr-sightline-481px.jpg

Barf. Could be the ugliest thing I have ever seen. With that said, I would love to try this one on the course. I always do well with ugly putters.

I have been told and I quote "these are really ugly but they flat out work". I won't say who said that but I trust them. That said even if they work they are just to ugly for me

"flat out work" wouldn't be enough. To game something this ugly and expensive, it would have to guarantee me 18 putts per round AND retrieve the ball from the cup for me....

This makes even the ugliest Scotty Futura's look subtle....

No chance that I ponder any of these.

Barf. Could be the ugliest thing I have ever seen. With that said, I would love to try this one on the course. I always do well with ugly putters.

Then you would be nailing every putt with this bad boy. A face and a body only a mother could love.

This is a case that even if it reduced my putts by 5/round I still would not play it out of embarrassment of having something so ugly in my bag. Yes, I'm shallow.

I started experimenting with a Directed Force putter, so evidently I don't care as to the look - but even I would not go with Model 2.

I started experimenting with a Directed Force putter, so evidently I don't care as to the look - but even I would not go with Model 2.

OK You made me look it up. Is that a bottle opener on the back of that thing.

Back