Miami - Nov 4th & 5th

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
I'm coming down to Miami for work Nov. 1st - 3rd, but will be staying the 4th & 5th to golf.

I am getting together with afwcardinal for at least one round, but wanted to open it up to other THPers in the area to see if anyone else wanted to play Saturday, Sunday or both days.

We don't have plans yet, so any course suggestions are welcome. I'm staying at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, but will have a rental car so the courses don't have to be close to the area.

Looking forward to this Shakey. Haven't had to much time to play since coming down here for work. It will be fun to tee it up again with you.

Yeah I you can count me in for a round. Probably Saturday or Sunday afternoon are best. Keep me posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on time and if another thper wanted to make the drive down south from Tampa area I’m sure I could be talked into it

Yeah I you can count me in for a round. Probably Saturday or Sunday afternoon are best. Keep me posted!
Good deal. Looking forward to meeting you.

Depending on time and if another thper wanted to make the drive down south from Tampa area I’m sure I could be talked into it
Hopefully you can make it happen. Been a while since we teed it up.

Hopefully you can make it happen. Been a while since we teed it up.

Yep, that’s why I’m gonna try

Looking forward to this Shakey. Haven't had to much time to play since coming down here for work. It will be fun to tee it up again with you.

It always a good time Eddie, regardless of how we play.

It always a good time Eddie, regardless of how we play.
We're going to need some help on picking a course(s) to play. I've only been on a few down here.
X.Man, have any suggetions?

Just by looking online, there appears to be a lot of good options for courses. Any recommendations?

Just by looking online, there appears to be a lot of good options for courses. Any recommendations?
There are quite a few nice courses here, from what I've been told. I've only played maybe 4 of the courses. Melreese, Miami Springs, and two I don't recall.
I'll shoot X.Man a text in a few days if he doesn't jump in here before then.
There are a few not to far that I hear are really good tests of your game.

Bumping to see if anyone else is interested.

Getting ready to book tee times.

Saturday
Course: TBD
Tee Times: probably some time between 11:00 & 1:00 (not sure what time it will get dark)
1. Shakey
2. Shakey's friend (not 100%, but more than likely)
3. afwcardinal
4. X-Man
5. dwchockey13

Sunday

Tee Time: morning (need to be at airport by 3:00)
1. Shakey

Bumping
This is the week to try and nail down who, where, and when.
I really don't have any reference for what courses to look at. I hear Jacaranda is in really good shape right now. I've played Mel Reese and like that course, always in good condition.
Not sure how hard it is to get tee times, other than Golf Now. I checked Jacaranda on GN, and I'm only seeing afternoon times.
Any thoughts on other locations would be great.

Getting ready to book tee times.

Saturday
Tee Times: probably some time between 11:00 & 1:00 (not sure what time it will get dark)
1. Shakey
3. afwcardinal
4. X-Man
5. dwchockey13

Sunday

1. Shakey
This is funny. I've been thinking about this all morning. Been looking online, and finally post up, and see that you've been doing the same thing.

Wish I could make it but I have the kids this weekend and birthday parties both days...Yessssss!! Lol

Hey guys. I’m in Naples this weekend. The storm is keeping me busy!

Updated.

Saturday
1. Shakey
3. afwcardinal
4. dwchockey13

Sunday

1. Shakey

New Guy here - wish I could swing Miami this weekend since I live in Palm Beach.
I recommend Crandon Golf and Key Biscayne.
I saw someone mention Jacaranda, while its a good course, a bit overpriced in my opinion....

Be ready though.....with the amount of rain that has fallen in this area over the last few months the ground is saturated so it may be cart path only at quite a few places.

However - soft greens so you will be able to stick em.

Good luck gents.

New Guy here - wish I could swing Miami this weekend since I live in Palm Beach.
I recommend Crandon Golf and Key Biscayne.
I saw someone mention Jacaranda, while its a good course, a bit overpriced in my opinion....

Be ready though.....with the amount of rain that has fallen in this area over the last few months the ground is saturated so it may be cart path only at quite a few places.

However - soft greens so you will be able to stick em.

Good luck gents.
Thanks for the recommendations! Wish you could have joined us.

Just got my Wilson Staff Duo Soft in optic yellow from THP to test, so of course I'll be bringing them to share along with the Cut Greys I recently purchased.

Thanks for the recommendations! Wish you could have joined us.

Just got my Wilson Staff Duo Soft in optic yellow from THP to test, so of course I'll be bringing them to share along with the Cut Greys I recently purchased.
That reminds me, I need to get some golf balls for the weekend. Not sure what is actually in my bag or my car. Haven't actually bought many this year, but eveytime I did, I shared them with the group. If I remember right, my bag is pretty lite right now.

That reminds me, I need to get some golf balls for the weekend. Not sure what is actually in my bag or my car. Haven't actually bought many this year, but eveytime I did, I shared them with the group. If I remember right, my bag is pretty lite right now.
I just checked, 2 sleeves of ProV1s, 3 sleeves of Cut Greys & 2 sleeves of the optic yellow Wilson Staff Duo Softs. I think I'm good. :D

I just checked, 2 sleeves of ProV1s, 3 sleeves of Cut Greys & 2 sleeves of the optic yellow Wilson Staff Duo Softs. I think I'm good. :D
I'm now stocked up for the weekend. Stopped at EW and grabbed some TP5X and B TOUR X for some comparison. Should be fun

Last edited:
Marked up the new balls before heading to work today. Final range session completed. As ready as I can be.
Looking forward to tomorrow Shakey.

Have fun fellas. Weather has been perfect here. Nice forecast down south?

Back