PSA: Sunflower Seed Shells...

We found them on quite a few holes on the back nine today. Just stupid.

I guess that's mildly annoying, but it's not anything I'm gonna get worked up over. That seems like something that only a real hothead or somebody with no actual problems in life would get pissed off about.

I guess that's mildly annoying, but it's not anything I'm gonna get worked up over. That seems like something that only a real hothead or somebody with no actual problems in life would get pissed off about.

I hear ya. The more I hang around here, the more I learn bad I have it because half the complaints aren't even on my radar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I played behind a group that had some toddlers along for the ride which I think is great! Letting them spill popcorn on the green around the first two holes not so great. Thankfully they spilled it all on the first two greens.

Help me understand... if I was in your group and I spit out seed shells in your line while we were on the green... you wouldn't get worked up over that? It'd be just fine with you?

Help me understand... if I was in your group and I spit out seed shells in your line while we were on the green... you wouldn't get worked up over that? It'd be just fine with you?

Nobody said anything about someone in your group spitting them in your line, just them being on the greens in general. Of course it would be annoying to have someone spit them in your line. Even so, seems like something pretty dumb to get worked up about.

just my .02

Nobody said anything about someone in your group spitting them in your line, just them being on the greens in general. Of course it would be annoying to have someone spit them in your line. Even so, seems like something pretty dumb to get worked up about.

just my .02

Fair enough. I don't see how it changes things whether the person doing the spitting is in my group or not... that was my point.

And to be clear I don't really get "worked up" about much of anything. I find this to be a minor annoyance in the same way that I get tired of fixing other people's ball marks on the green. Leaving the course in worse shape than one finds it shows a general lack of consideration for others.

Agreed, but I hardly ever have seeds on the course. I usually have those either when I'm driving, or at softball games. That's pretty much it for me.

I find the whole concept of spitting seeds on a golf course to be offensive. I don't want my ball coming to rest in a bed of someone's mouthy leftovers. That's disgusting.

For a while I rocked seeds on course but ALWAYS carried a cup to spit them in. I think spitting them all over the golf course is way wrong.

Spitting sunflower shells really irritates me. But....the idiots that chew tobacco and spit that anywhere on the course or the jerks that smoke and drop their butts should be banned from the sport.

Spitting sunflower shells really irritates me. But....the idiots that chew tobacco and spit that anywhere on the course or the jerks that smoke and drop their butts should be banned from the sport.

Since I'm one of those idiots, would like to buy my clubs or just pass judgement from in high?

Since I'm one of those idiots, would like to buy my clubs or just pass judgement from in high?

If you don't carry a cup, bottle or anything else to spit into the I'm with drum dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't carry a cup, bottle or anything else to spit into the I'm with drum dog.

That's not what he said but.

So where do we stand on the clubs?

I used to chew and I brought a spit cup. Spitting is nasty and I used to do it. It's only right to spit in your cup.

I really don't care as long as you don't spit on the green, fringe or tee box.

I think we should all strive to leave the course in as good of shape or better than it was when we play it. For me this means fixing or filling all divots, repairing my ball marks on the green and any other that I may come across (without holding up play). And I'll pick up anyone else's litter I see on the course. And I'm fine with anyone smoking, drinking, chewing, etc. as long as they don't litter up the course. Spit in a bottle or cup, don't litter cig butts on be ground. Don't spit seeds all over the green for someone else to have to sweep off. Just common courtesy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

I think we should all strive to leave the course in as good of shape or better than it was when we play it. For me this means fixing or filling all divots, repairing my ball marks on the green and any other that I may come across (without holding up play). And I'll pick up anyone else's litter I see on the course. And I'm fine with anyone smoking, drinking, chewing, etc. as long as they don't litter up the course. Spit in a bottle or cup, don't litter cig butts on be ground. Don't spit seeds all over the green for someone else to have to sweep off. Just common courtesy stuff.

Completely agree with this statement. I'm all for people enjoying their round but common courtesy needs to be part of the golden rule. You can add music to the above list. I've been paired a few times with people who like playing music. To the best of my memory, all of them asked if it was okay. Music doesn't bother me but I really appreciated them asking. It's common courtesy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

That is exactly what I meant by my post. My apologies if it was misinterpreted.
I don't argue with anyone's right to smoke, chew, etc....just the littering is what bugs me.

Well, I smoke, and I have NEVER dropped a cigarette butt on the course in 40+ years of playing........

Back