Lamkin Performance Plus 3Gen - Wedge Length

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Anyone know where to find these? I know that W/S has these on their F/G Tour TC wedges, but I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where to find them?

I know they are from 2012, I don't think they produce them anymore. I think you can only find the standard grips on either amazon or the bay. They are pretty legit though. I had them the standards for a season and they're the reason I love Lamkins grip.

Wilson Staff is using them on their current line of wedges, so did they seriously stockpile or is Lamkin making them only for OEMs now? It is a legit grip ... wish they were still selling them publicly.

Try hitting Lamkin up on Twitter or call their customer service they're top notch... :deadhorse:

I know they are from 2012, I don't think they produce them anymore. I think you can only find the standard grips on either amazon or the bay. They are pretty legit though. I had them the standards for a season and they're the reason I love Lamkins grip.
They are still selling them. I ordered the new EF wedges and it was an option. I wanted to get one for a used 50 degree that I bought. Called Taylormade and they want me to send the club to them. Claim they have an agreement with Lamkin to not sell them. I did find a used pull on eBay.

Last edited:
Edel sells them ... for too much $$$.

I've used mine for 2.5 years, cleaned frequently. Recently purchased the Lamkin Justin Rose Grip with less taper as a replacement.

never even heard of these until this thread. looked them up and now I am intrigued. I know a few guys who grip down to the metal on some wedge shots and these could be ideal for them.

I thought it'd be good to add some pics to this thread. Here are some extra Lamkins that I was saving for re-gripping my old wedges. The major diff between these and the TM version is they both have a black cap;

large.jpg

This is pic shows the Taylormade version. They are black, but with a white cap and of course they say Taylormade instead of Lamkin. The TM part number is N1973101;

large.jpg

A length comparison between the wedge grip and the TM version of the 3Gen grip. I ordered these on some RSi1 irons same stock grips for the RSi2;

large.jpg

Last edited:
I used these last year the only difference was the added length so you could grip down farther.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F7nw1c7dnCM
Info found. I think if you look around on the net you will find some.
The Lamkin Performance Plus 3GEN wedge grip is 1” longer than standard and designed with a reduced taper so that your lower hand can achieve better control throughout the swing. What players find is that with a reduced taper, they can grip the club lighter and actually have more consistency in their swing pattern and experience straighter shots. A minimal surface pattern ensures comfort, and Lamkin’s R.E.L. synthetic rubber compound provides a high degree of tackiness and shock absorption. Simple yet effective “button” markers (located 1.5” apart) help players.

In talking with Lamkin, I think there is a possibility that they'll be coming out with something similar to this again in the future.

In talking with Lamkin, I think there is a possibility that they'll be coming out with something similar to this again in the future.
Hope thats true, I really like them.

Lamkin are definitely still making them. Tour Edges new 1 out plus wedges are all equipped with these grips

Back