High Top Puma Golf Shoes

I was iffy on the high tops but the more I see them and the pics from the pga show has swayed me in the way of wanting them. Admittedly I'm somewhat of a puma clothes and golf shoes homer but I will be getting a pair of the hightops. I probably won't be rocking them with shorts and like fritters wa saying in the recap with pants on most people won't have any idea they are hightops.

joggers are pretty comfortable and are a nice alternative to sweat pants for lounging or going to the gym. I am guessing the pants rickie is wearing are of the same material as the regular golf pants from puma just with the jogger tapered leg and elastic cuff on the ankle vice actual sweat pants. I would consider picking up a pair for some casual fall rounds.

The biggest difference here being that all the things you listed actually benefit golfers..?

I haven't read anything on Rickie's new shoes. Are there advantages to using them over regular golf shoes?

I've had ligament reconstruction surgery on both ankles and often times leave the course in pain as the golf swing tends to put pressure on my ankles occasionally causing roll over in my lead ankle. The hightops, I believe, would prevent said rolling. Golf is the only sport I don't use hightops in, my basketball and softball cleats are both high tops.

I've had ligament reconstruction surgery on both ankles and often times leave the course in pain as the golf swing tends to put pressure on my ankles occasionally causing roll over in my lead ankle. The hightops, I believe, would prevent said rolling. Golf is the only sport I don't use hightops in, my basketball and softball cleats are both high tops.

Sounds like the perfect option for you!!!

I will own a pair but might be hard pressed to spot with shorts. Now with pants during the moths I can wear them, I'll be a rock star. And for the record Keegan's high tops are way uglier than these.

We can both rock them with shorts together, at an official event. #LookOut

You might be right, and as mentioned they are not my thing.
Just look at it as a guy being an individual because a company thinking outside of the box.
FWIW, Nike did the Bandon shoes and people kind of liked them.

I look at this a lot like I view anything new that comes out. It might hit and it might miss, but its certainly in style.
I wouldnt mock someone for choosing it, and certainly am not mocking someone for not liking it.

As someone who regularly gets tormented for wearing new'er' fashion to the course, it really doesn't surprise me at all. Serves me right for not being interested in khakis and brown or black belts.

Either way, I still think they look ridiculous. but if they sell, they sell. Of all the companies out there right now, I like that Puma is one willing to push the envelope, especially with a young guy like Rickie at the forefront.

Oh gawd, that sounds "interesting".

Now if we could get you in a pair at the club clash we would be cooking with crisco baby!!

As someone who regularly gets tormented for wearing new'er' fashion to the course, it really doesn't surprise me at all. Serves me right for not being interested in khakis and brown or black belts.

Either way, I still think they look ridiculous. but if they sell, they sell. Of all the companies out there right now, I like that Puma is one willing to push the envelope, especially with a young guy like Rickie at the forefront.

How dare you speak ill of khakis. :D

And he won in those.

I'll admit, more and more I want a pair of them just because of how much they seem to bother some.
Prefect to throw off your opponent in match play. Just lean over and gently remind them that you are beating them while wearing Hightops and Joggers. Gamesmanship!

Ya, no....not even close to a yes.

I haven't worn Hightop shoes since I quit playing basketball in high school. I don't see these changing my ways at all. But if high top sneakers are your thing go for it.

The joggers look freaking stupid however.

I just hate hightops because of how they feel on my ankles. I have never been able to wear high top anything including cleats and basketball shoes. just can't do it.

The high tops are growing on me. It's the joggers that I find awkward looking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I enjoy the joggers, if only because they would be normal pants with my midget legs.

Hmmm ponder engaged...

I wouldn't wear the joggers without the high tops and I have been considering the bandon's for a fall shoe, seems like the perfect storm to me. Or if I get in a good Regional Rivalry combination.

The high tops are bad enough. The straight leg (aka Euro-tight-jeans looking) joggers are even worse. It isn't often that I say never but in this case, never.

For me, Shorts and sneakers are fine for golf, no need to complicate things.

9fa61310647e2634e5ec50c5f4756b9c.jpg

This combo is actually palatable

I'm ready to buy when they come out.

I just don't get it. I'm not that old and find this almost blasphemous to golf.

Back