Cobra KING LTD Fairway Wood Preview

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
From Cobra:

KING LTD Fairway offers a compact head shape with Zero CG making this fairway both very long and very forgiving. Become the King of the fairway.

KING OF THE FAIRWAY

KING LTD Fairway offers the same technology innovations found in the KING LTD Driver. The newly designed Spaceport allows us to create a low center or gravity and high moment of inertia producing forgiveness from the tee or fairway.

DIAL IN YOUR FAIRWAY

Offered as a 3/4 or 4/5, KING LTD Fairways offer loft settings between 13º through 19º. Additional draw loft settings are available on both models.

SPACEPORT

A 16g weight design (featuring Spiralock® technology that prevents the over tightening and loosing of the weight during heavy vibrations and high-speed impacts) creates an extremely low and deep CG with high MOI - the perfect combination for ultimate distance without sacrificing forgiveness.

ZERO CG
Most drivers have a CG (Center of Gravity) that is positioned above the neutral axis line. KING LTD is our first driver to get down to the neutral axis line (Zero CG), meaning more distance through higher launch, less spin and more ball speed.

FORGED E9 FACE

A new, re-engineered Forged 8-1-1 Titanium E9 Face has a variable thickness structure that is lighter, thinner and hotter, creating more deflection for faster ball speeds and a larger Sweet Zone™ across the face.

CROWN TECH

The TeXtreme® Carbon Fiber crown is 20% lighter than regular carbon fiber, allowing for more weight to be repositioned lower and deeper in the head for extreme distance and greater forgiveness.

SPEED CHANNEL

Speed Channel is an exclusive COBRA innovation. An engineered trench around the perimeter of the face minimizes thickness and increases ball speeds across the face for incredible distance.

ac5567dee40b58c7a66b855c1b64d714.jpg

c170c564e28940fcd31ea0c2377a3dcb.jpg

0c362f1ca2a5ee4fc48eeb42c049fce1.jpg

38c542aa5bca81399ba280b61a5e5e99.jpg

Last edited:
Is it in a box with my name and address on it yet? ...you said "what I want"
Low CG, adjustability and a shaft I often get along with. Things that make you go hmm.

Gorgeous looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I am not immediately loving is the orange.

The only thing I am not immediately loving is the orange.

It's far more subdued then the last few gens of Cobra equipment. It has orange accents but it's not really overbearing.

Obviously an inside joke here.....
Ddec and I have been talking about meeting up, Morgan suggested WV because it was I the "middle". That's it. No real inside joke as it was on the forum.

I like the FW better than the driver, it's a beast

Ddec and I have been talking about meeting up, Morgan suggested WV because it was I the "middle". That's it. No real inside joke as it was on the forum.
Yup, I believe its from the Mizuno thread. So we can easily compare the EZ irons.

That visible tech makes me look twice each time I see it, such a cool detail.

Is this a shallower or deeper faced FW?

It looks similar to the GBB. Very attractive.

It looks similar to the GBB. Very attractive.

Very similar look at least size wise from address. I think the glossier finish makes it look a bit smaller but it's in my brain.

Shallow, low cg, adjustable, and a hot face. What's not to love?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after some range/course time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Cobra KING LTD Fairway Wood Preview

I can't wait for folks to hit this club. This thread reminded me of how much this club excelled and made me wonder why they didn't focus on it.

You peaked my interest when I saw it in CA last weekend. It looks so great at address and the black crown is solid! I'm ready to try on of these stat!! Will be following Fup!

These should arrive soon at the local golf stores and I can't wait to hit this and the driver

I'm really interested in this FW. I think it looks fantastic

I'm hoping these get in stores next week. I'm dying to hit them. because cobra strikes me as a brand that will not receive a large amount of floor space, I worry that the impressive shaft options won't be available for in-store testing.

I'm hoping these get in stores next week. I'm dying to hit them. because cobra strikes me as a brand that will not receive a large amount of floor space, I worry that the impressive shaft options won't be available for in-store testing.

I'd imagine the only shaft available in most places is the Rogue. Just the reality of their current market position.

That being said I think the stock shaft complements it well. This Rogue seems a bit softer in the tip and I like it.

Back