First Time/Long TIme from Iowa

kb1042

#TeamCobra
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone. Finally decided to post after stalking the message boards for a couple months.

Little bit about me, I got into golf when I was in middle school and played on the team in high school. I got pretty decent but burned myself out trying to be perfect all the time. Bad temper, snapping clubs all that. I played sporadically through college but basically gave up on the game when I was about 25 and didnt play more then 5 times in the last 5 years. In all honesty, I thought my days of playing golf were over. Flash forward to this spring and I decided to get back into the game. I have probably played 45-50 rounds this year and the joy is back and just enjoy being out on the course again.

When I started playing this year I was shooting 105+ and now I am high 80's to low 90's pretty consistently. It is fun to feel like you are improving every round. My goal is to break 85 before this season ends (figure I have about 10-12 rounds left in the season). I splurged last week and went to the PGA championship up in wisconsin. That was one of the coolest experiences I have had and really cemented my love of the sport.
I plan on joining the albatross club next year and want to put some serious time through the winter to improve. I am looking forward to soaking up some knowledge of everyone here. I have so many questions about how to improve and know that I can learn a lot on these forums. I have been trying to read and listen to as much as I can to improve lately, so if anyone has any podcast recommendations please feel free to pass them on.

Thanks for your time

Kyle

Welcome, You'll like it here. It is a great community - The more you put into it the more you get out of it.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome from davenport !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP, Kyle!

Welcome aboard Kyle!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP Kyle!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome