CA Fires - 17 dead, 2,000 homes destroyed and counting.

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I woke up to the smell of smoke this morning and visible smoke in the air outside. I'm 60 miles from the closest fire and our area is in no danger but I have coworkers who have family and friends that have lost homes. This will go down as one of the deadliest fire seasons for California by the time it's over. The winds are kicking up again today so things are not looking good for the short term. My thoughts and prayers go to all of those living through these devastating fires.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...aken-california-fires/?utm_term=.100d09b57b86

It has gotten bad really fast. My in-laws got evacuated last night. They're over by Bennett Valley Golf Club.

This is terrible. I just heard about it on the radio a few minutes ago.

It is spreading fast, the homes and lives in danger is just unthinkable almost. Need the wind to stay down so they can try and get some of it contained.

Thoughts and prayers for all the folks involved!! Hope this gets resolved ASAP!! So many tragedies in the US this year, so sad!!!!

I live in Sonoma. I know several families who have lost homes. My daughters classmate lost their mother to cancer about 6 months ago and now lost their house too. Fire spreads so quickly. Made worse by the rains last winter, grass is long brown and dry. No smoking on golf course is there for a reason

Always tough to watch, whether it is fire, hurricane or other disaster. My hope is that everyone stays safe.

crazy to believe this is happening. Photos have been just surreal the past two days come So cal and Nor Cal. Prayers for those in the way of these fires and those that have already lost their homes to this unimaginable horror.

That is out of control out there.

that doesn't even look real. how terrifying.

obviously life is the most important thing. i can't help but also think about the wine crop out there, and how long something like this will have an impact. between the hurricanes this year and now something like this, seems like p&c insurance companies are going to be paying out huge claims.

anyone heard from brianbigoats? isn't he in this area?

Several co-workers families/friends have either lost their homes or probably will soon. It's "expected" that NorCal will have wildfires every year. Though they are usually in sparsely populated areas. The devastation in Santa Rosa and the surrounding area is just insane.

What's crazy is watching the Safeway open and then seeing pictures of the course burning like 12 hours later? That could have been so much more devastating....have they given reason for it starting?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is some horrible stuff. I hope all of you who live there are safe.

This is just horrible. I hope the deployment of regional firefighters can get these fires under control. Nothing scares me like fire.

What's crazy is watching the Safeway open and then seeing pictures of the course burning like 12 hours later? That could have been so much more devastating....have they given reason for it starting?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A car accident started at least one of the fires.

23 dead and 285 missing right now. Another 500+ home are burning each day.

Utter devastation. And then you have this USPS postal worker taking his "snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night" schtick to the extreme.

Utter devastation. And then you have this USPS postal worker taking his "snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night" schtick to the extreme.

I would think the those houses that did survive are also basically destroyed due to smoke damage.

I would think the those houses that did survive are also basically destroyed due to smoke damage.
Yeah given the total carnage surrounding them, I'm not sure how they even survived.

I hate Tapatalk

Back