Metro Denver / Colorado chat thread

As we get closer there should be a list of courses listed on avid golfer I think. As far as an outing, I'll be looking into planning something for 2016
And it will be glorious.

I'm sure a few of us will be grabbing some 5280...only a few are really a good deal though. Will have to post here what's available and see who wants to attack.

And it will be glorious.

I'm sure a few of us will be grabbing some 5280...only a few are really a good deal though. Will have to post here what's available and see who wants to attack.
The ridge is always worth it. Arrowhead is usually there as well. Then there's keystone...

As we get closer there should be a list of courses listed on avid golfer I think. As far as an outing, I'll be looking into planning something for 2016

Your turn to plan. I've heard some things about that Fossil Gulch or Fossil Glen or something like that.

I'll be moving to Parker next month and wanted to get some thoughts if getting a membership is worth it.

Last edited:
I'll be moving to Parker next month and wanted to get some thoughts if getting a membership is worth it.
Welcome to colorado! Lots of us here that would be happy to tee it up with you. As far as memberships, if you're talking ALBATROSS CLUB, it's definitely worth it. For golf clourses, the only one in parker I know a bit about is Black Stone/Black Bear. Prices are pretty good and black bear course is great. Haven't played black stone yet

Membership where? Welcome to my part of town!

Membership where? Welcome to my part of town!
Thanks
Moving from CA (yes, more of us invading CO) it's hard to imagine seasons, so don't know if it would be worth it to pay an annual membership or just pay the green fees. Usually try and get out 1 or 2 times a week. Was looking at Highlands Ranch or Plum Creek. Prices seems reasonable.

Thanks
Moving from CA (yes, more of us invading CO) it's hard to imagine seasons, so don't know if it would be worth it to pay an annual membership or just pay the green fees. Usually try and get out 1 or 2 times a week. Was looking at Highlands Ranch or Plum Creek. Prices seems reasonable.

Plumb Creek is a great track and only about 20-30 minutes away! Haven't played Highlands Ranch but would like to some day. Plenty of courses to play and most are year round with accomodating weather of course.

Welcome to Parker. I currently live there and play with these guys. I went through your same debate and ended up not joining anywhere. If I played at least two or three times a week it may have made a bit more sense. Meridan also has some good deals. Drop us a line when you get here and we will get a round in. If you need any insurance that is my line of work so I be happy to help you as well.

Welcome to Parker. I currently live there and play with these guys. I went through your same debate and ended up not joining anywhere. If I played at least two or three times a week it may have made a bit more sense. Meridan also has some good deals. Drop us a line when you get here and we will get a round in. If you need any insurance that is my line of work so I be happy to help you as well.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Plus don't want to limit myself to one track. Look forward to playing a round or few

Two spots open for next Thursday at 9:48 at Willis Case with Doug and myself.

Two spots open for next Thursday at 9:48 at Willis Case with Doug and myself.
I have never played there. What are green fees and is it worth driving up from the springs and taking a day off work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I've never played there myself, but have driven by it several times. Will have to rely on mhg for that answer. I say the trip is worth it to play golf...but taking a day off...it's not Bear Dance.

I have never played there. What are green fees and is it worth driving up from the springs and taking a day off work?

I wouldn't pass up being paid to play but that's up to you. Old style city course built in 1928. Short with lots of character. Only Poa greens in Denver that I know of.

Sounds interesting, I will see if I can join.

I've never played there myself, but have driven by it several times. Will have to rely on mhg for that answer. I say the trip is worth it to play golf...but taking a day off...it's not Bear Dance.

I wouldn't pass up being paid to play but that's up to you. Old style city course built in 1928. Short with lots of character. Only Poa greens in Denver that I know of.
How about let's play bear creek on Thursday instead? About same time works. My new home course and they don't have tee times. We shouldn't have any problem getting out. Played this morning as a 2 some in 3 hrs and we waited 4 holes at the end

Haven't played that quickly other than spring or winter (besides that one 36 hole day, awesome)...I'm in either way

How about let's play bear creek on Thursday instead? About same time works. My new home course and they don't have tee times. We shouldn't have any problem getting out. Played this morning as a 2 some in 3 hrs and we waited 4 holes at the end

I'll cancel it tomorrow and gladly join you.

Not sure I have the game for a 140 plus slope course. What are the guest charges for a round?

Not sure I have the game for a 140 plus slope course. What are the guest charges for a round?

It will be 75. Cart and range balls included. Gold and black are 140 plus slope. There are other tees you are welcome to play whatever you will enjoy

Cool, I will put in for the day off on Thursday and hopefully be able to join you guys.

I will be playing something other than gold or black. How are the women's tees? Lol

Back